Win "Show Bluray menus" button to execute External Bluray Player
Hi to all,
My idea is to use this XBMC button ....

... to execute my external player (TMT6) to watch Blu Ray 2D/3D in ISO format and Blu Ray 2D in folder structure.

Do you think that is possible?
I hope that some one can help me to do implement this solution.

Thank you
another question for XBMC devolpers:
Why did you implement "show bluray menus" button?
Maybe in your mind this is an easy way to execute an external playerHuh

many thanks for any clarification.
Yes, it's possible, just add a rule in playercorefactory.xml for BDMV file types and set the rule to use a batch file that launches TMT6.

The reason 'Show bluray menus' option was added is because XBMC will now attempt to play some Blu-ray menus when that option is selected, menu support is very limited but some HDMV menus do work.
I'd say XBMC is developed to be multiplatform. So the menu is how XBMC tried to handle BluRay on its own (albeit still in much development). Anyone who want to use other externel player can config their own playercorefactory to their preference.
I modified the playercorefactory.xml to play bluray ray iso with an external player. If i click on the file the menu still appears. After i click on an item the external player starts.

Why? If i configure XBMC to use an external player i don't need this menu. Can i stop this behavior?

I use XBMC 12.2.
No way to stop it, the menu will always pop up whether you are using an internal or external player.
I haven't run across this menu yet, is it only shown with ISO's?
Is it supposed to show up with unencrypted blu-ray disks?

I've been trying to figure out how to get to the menu of a disk, without having it just play the longest track on the disk.

I'm currently running Frodo 12.2.

Thanks,
ngergely--

Did you ever get it to show the Blu-ray menus? I'm having the same problem.
IMHO the blu-ray menu support in XBMC is just too patchy for the ‘show bluray menus' option to be useful for blu-ray folder\ISO rips

In my experience selecting the first main title work fine for most movies but there are a few (e.g. Tangled) for which it doesn’t and where finding the correct stream is a lottery.

I don’t want to use the external player for all my blu-ray folders – just the ones that cause problems. So following on from the OP question: is it possible to launch the external player ONLY when the ‘show bluray menus' option is selected?
This might be possible, but it just makes no sense. Show menu is not play with external player nor should it.
OK, then how about an additional option: 'launch external player'?
(2014-01-24, 10:10)MadScientist Wrote: In my experience selecting the first main title work fine for most movies but there are a few (e.g. Tangled) for which it doesn’t and where finding the correct stream is a lottery.
Title selection should be improved now with this is in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3979
Many thanks - that should certainly help. However in my ‘Tangled’ example, a full-length film stream is selected but in the wrong language so that improvement may not help. XBMC does an excellent job with 95%+ movies but for others it would be nice to have a ‘plan B’ option, i.e. a reliable path to the blu-ray menu.

I realise the ‘show blu-ray menu’ option is not intended to launch an external player but as a user specific option, is there a way of modifying a playcorefactory file to flag when this option has been selected and then launch an external player?
Have you tried a Gotham nightly or alpha build? I believe ace20022 has also done work on correct language selection as well.

There is work planned to improve the handling of disc playback so it's consistent whether straight from disc, or via iso's or folder structure after Gotham is released, so your comments are helpful.
Thanks for the info. I'm not usually brave enough to try a nighly build. I updated to a Gotham monthly at the beginning of Jan. If there have been substantial improvements since then, I'm happy to give it a try. Any comment of the playcorefactory option (if it is indeed one at all)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Show Bluray menus" button to execute External Bluray Player0