Win "Show Bluray menus" button to execute External Bluray Player
No I don't think there's been any changes in the last month.

It would be a massive help in getting these sort of language issues fixed if you could raise a trac ticket including separate debug logs and a small sample file of where the correct language is failed to be selected.

As for the playcorefactory option, nearly all things are possible given the necessary time & resources, however I'm not a dev myself as I'm on the Team to help with with support and testing, so don't know the practicalities of what you suggest,
(2014-01-24, 12:48)MadScientist Wrote: I realise the ‘show blu-ray menu’ option is not intended to launch an external player but as a user specific option, is there a way of modifying a playcorefactory file to flag when this option has been selected and then launch an external player?

Yes, if you make a BDMV filetype rule in the playcorefactory.xml, it will launch the external player only when the "show Blu-ray menu" option is selected, XBMC will still use the internal player for the first two options.

Example -
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="Menu_Player"/>
Happy to try and help. I've only recenlty migrated from Dune to a HTPC and I've been meaning to go though all my blu-rays folders to assess playback issues

(2014-01-24, 17:58)acejh1987 Wrote: Yes, if you make a BDMV filetype rule in the playcorefactory.xml, it will launch the external player only when the "show Blu-ray menu" option is selected, XBMC will still use the internal player for the first two options.

Example -
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="Menu_Player"/>

Many thanks!! I'll give that a try this weekend
Just to add to the title selection problem - On some titles with hundreds of fake playlists (all the same length/chapters etc) there is no logical solution to pick a correct title, so a commercial licensed menu player must be used.

Programs like AnyDVD handle these "fake playlist" discs and create a simple 'disc.inf' file on the root of the ISO/Rip containing the correct playlist/title, unfortunately XBMC has yet to add support for reading this file (it's been an AnyDVD feature since October 2012) , so an external player must still be used.
Adding a modification <rule filetypes="bdmv" player="MenuPlayer"/> works really well. So on the rare occasions when the built in player selects the wrong stream, it's easy to scroll down to the "show Blu-ray menu" which launches the external player. Thanks again.
Hi !

I want to use the "Show Blu Ray Menus" Option to launch ISO files in tmt5. It is much easier than to bring up the context menu and select "Play using..." to select the external Player especially when navigating with a smart phone.

Right now my playercorefactory is modified to launch tmt5 with the "Play using...": context menu button. It Looks like this :

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Mount.bat</filename>
<args></args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso" player="TMT5"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

How can I modify it to launch ISO files with TMT5 when selecting "Show Blu Ray Menus" Button ?

Thank You
(2014-01-29, 05:32)ABDYuki Wrote: How can I modify it to launch ISO files with TMT5 when selecting "Show Blu Ray Menus" Button ?

Change the rule from
<rule filetypes="iso" player="TMT5"/>
to
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv" player="TMT5"/>

It should then launch TMT5 when selecting "Show Blu-ray Menus:
Thank You ! Works very well now and it is way easier this way Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Show Bluray menus" button to execute External Bluray Player0