• 2(current)
Kodi client for Media Browser
(2013-10-12, 11:46)steve1977 Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 11:45)CBers Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 11:42)steve1977 Wrote: I am dreaming that the two project merge... I really love the server, but still prefer XBMC client GUI and features. Not even to mention that MP does not even run on a Mac...

There is an XBMC plugin for MediaBrowser3 that will create the relevant metadata files etc.

Can you elaborate more how this is working and what it brings?

It's still in beta at the moment, but basically it is an MB3 plugin "to allow the server to save metadata in xbmc format", but you still get to use MB3 server as the backend and your XBMC GUI.

If you sign up at the MB3 community, you'll be able ask a load more questions.
This would be great. So, I could basically use the Server instead of EMM to scrape metadata? Keep using XBMC as my client and could even stream on MB client on IOS when away from home? That indeed would be a dream come true...

Can you point me to the plugin. I went to the MB community page, but didn't see any mention of it? Will it allow me to specify the format to save (e.g., <movie>.tbn vs. "poster.jpg"? Thanks!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2013-10-12, 12:07)steve1977 Wrote: This would be great. So, I could basically use the Server instead of EMM to scrape metadata? Keep using XBMC as my client and could even stream on MB client on IOS when away from home? That indeed would be a dream come true...

Can you point me to the plugin. I went to the MB community page, but didn't see any mention of it? Will it allow me to specify the format to save (e.g., <movie>.tbn vs. "poster.jpg"? Thanks!!!

The plugin is still in beta, may even be alpha, but it does work.

As you can imagine, we don't have that many XBMC users in the MB3 world, so if you're up for testing, just post in the PLUGINS forum asking about it.

I'm sure Luke will be more than happy for you to help out.
Go here: http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...entry26040
The plug in can be downloaded from the server plugin page.
Sounds very good, but surely uptake in the xbmc world is going to require the server to run on the many (linux or bsd) nas and server platforms that are so popular in the xbmc world.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That is the plan. A linux port of the server is in progress.
Cool...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-12, 22:53)nickr Wrote: Sounds very good, but surely uptake in the xbmc world is going to require the server to run on the many (linux or bsd) nas and server platforms that are so popular in the xbmc world.

XBMC runs on Nas?
I didn't say that, I said that if you want this SERVER SOFTWARE to be accepted by XBMC USERS, you'd need to get the SERVER SOFTWARE to run on the SERVER PLATFORMS that are much loved by xbmc users. Most XBMC USERS use a NAS or other linux/bsd based SERVER solution. So the SERVER SOFTWARE would need to be ported to linux. Which it sounds like they are doing (albeit through mono I think).
I am experimenting with MB Server to use together with XBMC as a client. Still some ironing out to do for it to work perfectly, but looking very promising.

I would be truly excited if the XBMC developers would engage in dialogue for this server/client setup to work closer better. Bringing the two worlds together would be amazing...

Did MB start as a fork of XBMC? Any "history" between the developers similar to Plex (since its start) and Boxee (at its end)?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
No, it was the result of all new development. As for bringing us together, that's why I'm here Smile

We've already got a Media Portal client, now we're hoping for an XBMC client.
My PVR is Windows Media Center using WMCServer and I still have an Xbox 360 in use, so I use the MB3 server for all metadata so that it is the same across all my clients(XBMC and WMC). I use the MB3 android app because I have 2 devices that XBMC will not work on. Great stuff.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
I would love to see a joining of forces.

Some things though that I really like about the media browser setup (chapter selector, and tv video intros) would any of that work for the xbmc plugin? I would love to see all the bells and whistles of mb3 server metadata work with xbmc, but I dont know if this would be possible.

The video backdrops for media browser are really cool, xbmc is a beautiful skinning device but i have not seen anything quite like this, I would love to see the xbmc plugin and skins be able to utilize this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBP39RAVu...e=youtu.be

Also i love the chapter selector extractor of mb3, lets you have images and pick your own scenes and chapters like an actual bluray disc, I really hope all this can be utilized with an xbmc plugin.

I am also unsure on this but doesnt xbmc need artwork downloader to run (and be run manually) to be able to utilize extra artwork (cdart, clearart, ect..)? I would love for the mb3 artwork/scrapper show up in xbmc without having to use extra addon's like artwork downloader just to show up. The simple simplicity and hands off approach of metadata and scrapping and centralization is whats really appealing.
Where exactly is this XBMC addon? I cannot find it on the mediabrowser website.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi client for Media Browser3