Win Media ripping
Question 
Hello,
I am running the current release version of XBMC, and windos 7 SP1 64bit.

I am wanting some recommendations for software. I have legit blurays, I would like to rip them in their entirity onto my HDD (specifically my remote array on my server) in a form that will maintain all of the menus, features etc so its like I have the disk in but its on the HDD. I know it can be done, but I really have no idea how, and with the software how I would go about a rip like that, what what file type XBMC wants for this.

Advice/Recommendations?
Supplemental_tools/Windows#Video_encoders.2Frippers (wiki)
OK, sounds good, thanks for the link.

Out of all the ones listed, which out of them would you recommend? End goal is to simply be able to launch any bluray locally from the HDD from within XBMC and have it not be noticable that it is a rip not from the actual media.
(2013-09-13, 20:21)Necro55 Wrote: OK, sounds good, thanks for the link.

Out of all the ones listed, which out of them would you recommend? End goal is to simply be able to launch any bluray locally from the HDD from within XBMC and have it not be noticable that it is a rip not from the actual media.

MakeMKV will take your bluray (minus what you don't want, such as extras) and create an MKV file from it... it does no transcoding, so it should be lossless.

Handbrake can take that MKV file and transcode it to whatever your preferences are. Myself, I use the 'High Profile' setting and cannot visually tell the difference on my 42" Plasma.... but I am not a total videophile. The benefit to this is I can cut the file size 50-60%.
Question, "(Minus thins you don't want, such as extras)" are you meaning the special features, deleted scenes and all of that?
Because part of the point here IS to have all of that, me and the other half do watch all of those, infact, she is usually opting for special editions of things because of all of the extra stuff.
I want to have all of the extras, and the menus intact but have it stored locally.

But thanks for that recommendation though, as I can pass that along to someone else who was asking me about that just recently.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media ripping0