multi channel FLAC broken in nightlies?
Hi,
Up until recently I have been running an old patch of Eden, for reasons of vc-1 digital plus support. But I have just built myself a new htpc and decided to go with the latest nightly. All is fine apart from one thing. I have ripped all of the LOTR end credits sound tracks as multi channel flac and these are no longer working. XBMC just hangs and I have to do a shutdown to get things running again. Is this a know problem or am I missing something here?? Many than
Try switching from DirectSound to WASAPI audio device in system->system->audio and see if one of those works better.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Please not that it's not a good idea to say latest nightly as the version, please provide the file date and filename, this is particularly important because a new audio core has recently been made the default audio engine. Multichannel LPCM was certainly working last time I tested a couple of weeks ago, but there's been lot's of fixes for the new audio core so something may have inadvertently become broken.

Try with Directsound & WASAPI and provide a debug log for each.

Also if possible try and make a small sample in case it's a problem with how the encode was done.
I think those Lord of the ring flacs are 6.1 in words six dot one channels, which could be the problem here.

Do you have short sample?

and as jjd-uk already said: don't expect any solution if not providing proper Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi thanks for your replys. Just to let you know the nightlie I am using is 20130905-fb23d2c-master. I was already using WASAPI Memphiz, but I tried switching to direct sound and got the same crash. Link to log file:-http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=58207. Many thanks
Multichannel flac in the sense of 6.1 was in deed broken. We have fixed this with current fernetmenta aefixes branch. It was quite a hard one.

On the way we also added 7, 8 channel flac layout.

Will come to master soon. I will make a jenkins testbuild for you now and link it later on.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-09-13, 21:05)fritsch Wrote: Multichannel flac in the sense of 6.1 was in deed broken. We have fixed this with current fernetmenta aefixes branch. It was quite a hard one.

On the way we also added 7, 8 channel flac layout.

Will come to master soon. I will make a jenkins testbuild for you now and link it later on.

That's great to hear.many thanks
@mrhyde1969: Please try this one: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...efixes.exe
Will do this weekend. Will let you know how it goes
Just checked and all is fine now Smile.. Many thanks
That above build does not play multichannel DTS FLACs and DTS APEs. Just get static. DTS wave files play fine.

http://pastebin.com/1j0hDN1w

It also plays 2.0 content in mutlichannel in mode which means my receiver gets constant 5.1 input, but only 2.0. channels play. So I can't use PLII Music mode for stereo content. The nightlies after the 7th play that way now too. Is this intentional?

The nightlies up to XBMCSetup-20130906-421a4e8-master.exe 07-Sep-2013 07:38 play DTS FLACs and DTS APE's just fine.
Need samples?
@Dixon Butz:

Please read the Testing thread. This is intended behaviour. The "default user mask" is opened by default. If you want the "best matching" sink, you need to specify <audio><audiophile>1</audiophile></audio> in advancedsettings.xml

This will come as a setting when we are done with the Audio Settings rewrite.

Background: When you watch content, e.g. LiveTV that switches between 5.1 pcm (movies) and 2.0 commercials, you loose some ms.
Ok thx. I thought it was just

<audiophile>1</audiophile>

They do play when it is properly set.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
  <audiophile>1</audiophile>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multi channel FLAC broken in nightlies?0