WIP Edge, another skin
look nice, i will following it.
good luck !
Love the flat version with the hovering cdarts! Very nice!
Ok, here's my first take on tv shows widget.
I will expand on it a little bit more, but I think this would be the general gist of it.
Things start falling into place automatically (aligning, number of items, etc...) so it will slowly start looking more even in all the other screens.

Also I'm not sure, but I've found a more suitable font for it. Looks better and probably easier to get Wink

Enough talk, here's the image:

I like it for it's puristic design, but especially in the last mockup I'm asking myself "what information do I actually want to see when I enter TV shows, the date and clock or rather the info about the shows". And the text might be barely readable on many setups. Might be worth a thought or two, but it's your skin, so totally up to you.
Thanks for the input.
Sure, this is just a mockup coming together so most of it is just "thrown" there and not definitive.
I think once the global styling is in place I'll start adjusting it to further meet simple questions as the one you asked.

I do think of some aspects myself whilst I'm doing it, but not too much (yet).
It seems some people do see the text, I've tried it on a 23" monitor for now, but I'll do more testing later on and adjust the font and design accordingly.

To be clear this is just the widgets showing up in the main screen (so I'm not "entering TV Shows"), I thought a 3 would have been the minimum of recently downloaded shows I'd like to see, but any more insight is welcome.
ah, it's still home screen, well, nvm then. Should have read your post more slowly Smile But the description fonts are at least for my taste a bit too small to be easily readable. I mean, I can read it, but IMO it should be easy reading. Keep up the good work.
(2013-10-09, 15:14)grumpygamer Wrote: I do think of some aspects myself whilst I'm doing it, but not too much (yet).
It seems some people do see the text, I've tried it on a 23" monitor for now, but I'll do more testing later on and adjust the font and design accordingly.

ah.. it's the common 'mistake' most, if not all, skinners (me included) make.
we all code/design a few inches away from our monitor, but what looks reasonably sized now,
will look a whole lot smaller when you're sitting 15 feet away from your tv screen. ;-)

edit:
oh, and a great design btw. love all of the mockups i've seen so far.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks, yes, I understand.
As I stated previously, I will test it and adjust accordingly.
What I was trying to convey was the fact these are just rough ideas of what it was going to be like.
Like sketching on paper if you see what I mean.
is live tv present?
Grumpygamer,

From extensive (i.e. daily) testing with
- 24" full HD monitor from a distance of 6 feet.
- Maximum contrast (i.e. white on black / black on white).
- Fonts tested: 'open sans', 'arial', 'verdana' and 'source sans pro'

- Minimum readable font size (and only if emboldened): 22. This should however be used extremely sparingly and not for text items more than a few words.
- Minimum comfortable reading font size: 30.

Believe me, you'll save a lot of time down the road if you set strict font sizing now and not have to compromise your design later :-)
Guess I'll have to test the design right at the beginning then.
Point taken, thanks for the input.

Live TV? I suppose it will (hopefully) support everything.
love it already.. cant wait
Love the design, I will be watching this one closely Smile
The Most beautiful and clean Skin i have seen so far. Please keep up the good work.
Just wanted to point out I have taken a little break (ending soon), cos I just became a father again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edge, another skin5