• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon
Hey folks,

Russia Today recently offers also a live TV stream in German. It is available under de.rt.com. --> Live Tv.
However, when I run Kodi 20 on my laptop, the Russia Today Kodi addon doesn't work and in particular doesn't offer me the German stream.
Does the maintainer or anyone else maintain this addon and may he or she be able to add the German Live TV stream?

cheers
RecorderFreak
Hi,

rt plugin is failing with python3 in kodi matrix because of changes in how unescape is handled in python3. The unescape() method in the html.parser.HTMLParser class has been removed in Python 3.9 (it was deprecated since Python 3.4), and seems that html.unescape() should be used for converting character references to the corresponding unicode characters.

From kodi.log:

File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.rt/resources/lib/scraper.py", line 15, in <module>
   UNESCAPE = html.parser.HTMLParser().unescape
    AttributeError: 'HTMLParser' object has no attribute 'unescape'

Change in .diff below seems to work with python3 and I hope should preserve backwards compatibility

--- a/plugin.video.rt/resources/lib/scraper.py
+++ b/plugin.video.rt/resources/lib/scraper.py
@@ -12,7 +12,11 @@ import html.parser
import sys
import requests

-UNESCAPE = html.parser.HTMLParser().unescape
+if sys.version_info[0] >= 3:
+ UNESCAPE = html.unescape
+else:
+ UNESCAPE = html.parser.HTMLParser().unescape
+
RTBASE = 'https://www.rt.com/rtmobile/'
LCL = xbmcaddon.Addon('plugin.video.rt').getLocalizedString
(2022-01-13, 18:54)amd80 Wrote: rt plugin is failing with python3 in kodi matrix because of changes in how unescape is handled in python3.
An easy way around this is just to do a search on YouTube for RT live feed, then just add it as a favorite and create a menu item, or sub-menu item for it, and it works great.

Regards,

Shedrock
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon2