RCB-Missing Artwork
I've imported all my ROMs and scraped for art work, about 10% of my collection has no art scraped. Would renaming my ROMs give me better results from the scraping tool? A lot of the ROMs that have no artwork scraped are common games that I thought would have tons of artwork available. If the scraper comes up short how do I manually add my artwork?? I tried putting the .jpeg into the covers folder and edit the .nfo file but still nothing. I tried re scraping the game with the local artwork / local nfo options but still nothing!! Also, I would like to add more art types like cartridge etc. how do I go about adding these after running the configuration tool because I can't find the option to do this again without adding a new collection. Please someone help me on this....It can't be this hard!!!
Quote:I've imported all my ROMs and scraped for art work, about 10% of my collection has no art scraped.
No art or no info at all?

Quote:Would renaming my ROMs give me better results from the scraping tool?
Depends on the question above. If no info at all is found renaming could help to find the game. Another option would be to rescrape the missing games in interactive mode. This will give you a list of all available games with similar titles. But atm there are issues with thegamesdb and mobygames scrapers, they will return nothing if you start scraping these days. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Quote:If the scraper comes up short how do I manually add my artwork?? I tried putting the .jpeg into the covers folder and edit the .nfo file but still nothing. I tried re scraping the game with the local artwork / local nfo options but still nothing!!
You need to do another game import to update RCBs database with the new artwork. Just use the "local artwork" scraper. This will just search your artwork directories for new artwork. Make sure that your artwork files are named the same way as your rom files (just with another extension).

Quote:Also, I would like to add more art types like cartridge etc. how do I go about adding these after running the configuration tool because I can't find the option to do this again without adding a new collection.
You can add new media paths in the Edit Rom Collection dialog. See here.
Hey, thank you! Just got dig dug cover art working!! Awesome!! Now to fill in all my missing box fronts!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RCB-Missing Artwork0