• 2(current)
Linux Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option.
Working very nicely here on kubu tu 13.04 x64. I couldn't find a bd+ disk to test with but other non-bd+ that wouldn't play via the vlc method play with the makemkv method. Smile

Still haven't got makemkv 1.8.5 to compile in OE3.2 though Sad
Hi.

I followed the instructions to install makemkv 1.8.5. Now, I get to play part of BluRays using the file explorer and click in index file.

But I don't have Bluray menus. How can I make?

Thanks.
I also tested it with xbmc.
I am on opensuse 12.3 and had to place the symlinks into /usr/lib64 not /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.
I aditionaly had to copy the libmmdb from /usr/lib to /usr/lib64
I did NOT have to remove libaacs, maybe because I compiled xbmc from source without libaacs-support enabled? Don´t know...
After all that the bluray I tested worked also with the normal Play Disc button!

vlc did not work because it says something about missing codec "undf" or so.
menus should work over the file/disc-label way instead of the play disc way.

nice!
good work guys!
Fusion E-350, 4 GB RAM, SSD, openSUSE Tumbleweed 64bit KDE, Mesa-10.2.3, latest stable Kernel, XBMC FernetMenta-Git
Hi folks,

wow, nice to hear. Knew about aacs which works without makemkv stuff out of the box with xbmc and keydb.cfg. But libbdplus rockz .. is makemkv the only source for getting it work ? Is it enough to keep the *.so files ? Since makemkv is time limited, is it necessary to build new version after working period is over or will ?

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
hm .. installed today makemkv and linked the libs .. purely aacs encrypted bluray play well even form inside xbmc->Disc - but they did before if you got a keydb.cfg .. my bd+ encrypted blurays don't play - have to choose index.bdmv, drive works, have to choose title - and that's it. Mplayer loads a lot of time and then shows a lot of errors ... did anyone have success with real bd+ discs ?

Greetz

LCS

Btw. Makemkv rips well ;-)
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Check the xbmc log file for clues
I have had success with BD+ discs and even though the old AACS method worked at least this method has up to date keys so it works with newer discs also
Hi,

I tried the symlink to /usr/local/lib to avoid to remove libaacs

I have 3 bd+ blurays - Hobbit, RIO and IceAge.

VLC says: AACS lib is not working
MPlayer: reads RIO for about 20 min but doesn't start to play, Hobbit stops with a lot of errors ..
XBMC: lets me choose to play main title, but nothing happens

Maybe these 3 bd+ plus are not supported, which is even possible with standalone players (RIO couldn't be played with PowerDVD for example) ..

Did anyone try symlinks to usr/local/lib with succes or will I have to remove libaacs ?

Greetz

LCS
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Does makemkv work with those disks?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
My old post about using /usr/local/lib

(2013-09-16, 03:46)shadow Wrote: I am using xbmcbuntu based on Ubuntu 12.04 upgraded with a couple week old nightly
Putting the symlinks in /usr/local/lib didn't work for xbmc I still had to delete my other installed libaacs files the apt package has them in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ and I also had some in /usr/lib from a git compile nothing worked until both were gone.
The "Play Disc" doesn't work to start a disc I went to Videos > Files > "disc label" > BDMV then it came up with the menu that gives its best guess at main title or open menu list (same as when opening a decrypted backup/iso. Clicking on one brought up the video fine.
Hi all,

@shadow: damn right !

Since "apt-get remove libaacs" will remove xbmc too, I had to remove "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libaacs.so.0", "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libaacs.so.0.1.0" manually.

Symlink to /usr/local/lib doesn't work, idependently if libaacs is still there or removed, VLC will than tell there is no AACS library, but symlinking in /usr/lib now works flawlessly !

XBMC plays discs here when hitting "DISC" ..

It loads my Hobbit Bluray instantly, much faster than any standalone player !

Now WAF has increased exponentially :-)

Will hope, that libmmd will work on when testing period of makemkv is over ...

This thread should be made stick ! "Howto: Full bluray support in Linux & XBMC"

Greetz

LCS
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Hey guys,

Thanks for the great advice!

I have this setup and working, but like shadow:

"The "Play Disc" doesn't work to start a disc I went to Videos > Files > "disc label" > BDMV then it came up with the menu that gives its best guess at main title or open menu list (same as when opening a decrypted backup/iso. Clicking on one brought up the video fine."

@ LastCoder or anyone else, How did you get the "Play disc" option on the home menu to function with BluRay?
Try udevil
Can anyone describe how to get this work with openelec 3.2.4?
I mean is there an updated makemkv addon that works with openelec?

Edit: Openelec is still using the libaacs method combined with the makemkv addon and makemkvbluray plugin and not the new method.
Read this: http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/6705...mitstart=0
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Thanx for the posts above :
I finaly got it to work so, most (if not every) BR I own can be played.
There's only one thing wrong. It only plays the first BR that's inserted after reboot.
If I remove that one, every BR after that is not recognised, and doesn't play...
Any thoughts on how to fix that ?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option.1