MCE Wakeup issue
I have upgraded to Frodo and my MCE remote no longer wakes up the system after suspend. It used to work fine on previous versions.

I have tried quite a few solutions but non of them have worked. If I unplug or plug in the mce remote receiver when the machine is suspended then it turns on, however the receiver does not show a red light when commands are sent to it during suspend which suggests to me that the receiver is not even reacting to the IR commands while in suspend mode.
Same thing to me. With eden 11.10 and two script found on the forum
in rc.local and another 90-mcewakeup.rules the remote control (Hp Remote) allowed the resume from standby. Clean install of FRODO 12.2 but me too the receiver does not show a red light when commands are sent to it during suspend. is a shame to have to use the old version of xbmc. We hope that someone will find a solution
Try this. It worked for me

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1203339
(2013-09-20, 00:26)andrew062 Wrote: Try this. It worked for me

Thank you andrew062 for you reply

I formatted the computer and installed xbmcubuntu 12.20. Follow the guide of john.cord but seem don't work. Only the resume keyboard works. The resume by remote control continues to be a mystery
(2013-09-20, 00:26)andrew062 Wrote: Try this. It worked for me

Thank you andrew062 for you reply

I formatted the computer and installed xbmcubuntu 12.20. Follow the guide of john.cord but seem don't work. Only the resume keyboard works. The resume by remote control continues to be a mystery
small updateSmile

following the John.cord's guide I was able to resume the PC with the remote control
I am a beginner I did not understand how to edit grub.
You have to do (for newbie like me)

Code:
sudo nano / etc / default / grub

Replace

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT = "quiet splash 1"

with

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT = "quiet splash usbcore.autosuspend = -1"

and finally

Code:
sudo update-grub

thanks andrew062 (of course john)
(2013-10-03, 15:24)antani72 Wrote: small updateSmile

following the John.cord's guide I was able to resume the PC with the remote control
I am a beginner I did not understand how to edit grub.
You have to do (for newbie like me)

Code:
sudo nano / etc / default / grub

Replace

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT = "quiet splash 1"

with

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT = "quiet splash usbcore.autosuspend = -1"

and finally

Code:
sudo update-grub

thanks andrew062 (of course john)

After failing to get my revo to wake on mce remote I did a fresh install and I then tried the above solution. However my revo still does not wake..... It is as if the MCE Reciever has no power to it while in suspend mode.
EUREKA! After following the link supplied by andrew062 I have now got a working MCE! I did follow these originally without success, but I had made other changes before coming across the instructions so one of those changes must have botched it. Simply following those instructions after a fresh install did it for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Wakeup issue0