Apple TV 2 (black) constant crashing
Hi all,

I hope someone maybe able to help me i'm not sure if i should be posting here or in the skin forums? so forgive me if this is not the correct place, i'm using XBMC FRODO (V12.2) on the Apple TV 2 (black) i've recently just changed the skin from Transparency! to Aeon Nox 4.0. XBMC seems to crash when i navigate through to either Movies or Music e.g navigating to Movies and scrolling through my various movies or doing similar for the Music sections. The error log that i have attached was when i navigated to Music > Albums (it crashed before even my library loaded)

can anyone shine some light on this please!?

here's my error log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=58753

Thanks in advance

Ash
crashlog needed
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
ok sorry about that.... i hope i've done this right,

these are form /private/var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter

this one's called LatestCrash-AppleTV.plist :

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59146

and this one was called LatestCrash.plist:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59149

I hope the above logs are what is needed? i was little confused that the modified date was 01/01/1970 - i'm guessing there a good reason for that.

i've done a little more testing today, it seems if the view is "wall" then it crashes...
Mhhh seems to be the wrong crashreporter ... do a:

grep Crash /var/log/syslog

and have a look at the latest path indicating a crash (might be something with "LowMemory" too).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
ok think i've got it!

what about this bad boy: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59519

it was called LowMemory-2013-09-15-185710.plist
With those kind of "bad boys" we can't do anything. Its indicating that the RAM was sucked up until the fact that the ios kills XBMC. Not much i can do for your.
So it's the new skin that I'm using, that sucks up my ram?

Thanks for your help, shame I really liked that skin!
no clue what it is ... might be the skin or some python addon or what not.
Ok thanks, think it must be the skin, I had to completely reinstall xbmc last night as it froze, crashed and burnt! When I rebooted the ATV the xbmc icon black/blank and would crash the ATV as soon as xbmc loaded the xbmc logo splash screen. I've now reinstalled and using the same skin without any other adons and it still crashed using the wall and a couple of other views - I'm guessing because it's loading several different fanarts where the other views show a couple fanarts at a time... Although I know the Transparancy skin has a similar view and has no issues.

So what next? I guess I can take this over to the skin forum and have a word... Does xbmc have any kind on quality control, any formal process to notify someone that there maybe a potential issue with a skin on ATV? Xbmc is great and I'm all for helping to make it better, or do we just ignore and move on?

Thanks again

Ash
Well that skin might just be to heavy for the atv2. Keep in mind that this little box has only 256MB of ram. Showing to much stuff (thumbs fanart what not) at the same time might just increase the ram pressure to a point where iOS decides it is better to kill xbmc.
Hello

I'm having some trouble with rebooting system.
i have made a clean install of xbmc on my ATV2, adding content to tv series all is good, then when i add content to movies things start getting freakySmile

Now i only have 15 sec when i get in Xbmc then it reboots, only time to send off a logfile: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=151334 (hope this is the right log)

I really need some help, been looking for similar problems but i cant find anything.

Thanks in advance
/Stefan
really a reboot (means you see the apple logo again) or only a respring to the atv2 interface?
Hello

I get apples loading symbol

thx for quick response

/Stefan
try gotham beta2 and see if that issues fixed ... else remove the userdata folder and start from scratch ( /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/ )
Thank and sorry.
It seams im a horder , i think i had too much tv shows and movies, so when i added the movie content it got too much.
Not realy sure, but after deleting half of my old tv show and movies everything works.

/Stefan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 2 (black) constant crashing0