After syncing multiple XBMC laptops, XBMC hangs if not connected to home network
I need some help with syncing multiple computers with XBMC.

I synced multiple laptops with XBMC so that they all sync together using this method:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL

However, if I take my laptop on the go with me, it hangs when you open the app. It doesn't even make it to the "home screen"?

I tried deleting the advancedsettings.xml file and that allowed it to start without any errors.

How can we use XBMC to view local files on an internal hard drive on the go while still being able to connect and sync to the rest of the XBMC clients at home?

In order to reconnect and sync to the library at home, I have to recreate the advancedsettings.xml again.

Is there a better way to do this?

Is this possible?

When I deleted the advancedsettings.xml, XBMC worked again but it it rescanned my local files and added them to the library.
I would suggest setting up a mobile profile (wiki) and using that when you are on the move and using the master profile when you are at home.

XBMC gets really pissed when trying to use MySQL db and has no connectivity.
יונתן בן-חיים
Thanks! I'll try that!
Remember to make MySQL the secondary profile, and the "mobile mode" the master profile, since the master profile will load during the log-in screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After syncing multiple XBMC laptops, XBMC hangs if not connected to home network0