REQUEST: NetFlix addon
Since NetFlix had been released in the Netherlands I trying to find a way to get NetFlix working on my OpenElec 3.2.0 installation. Unfortunately without success.

Why is no NetFlix add-on available? I can't imagine I'm the only one with this request.

Anyone out there who can help me to get NetFlix working on OpenElec until a Netflix add-on has been developed?

Thnx 1000x
Netflix requires Microsoft Silverlight support which means either Windows or Android systems. There are hacks to allow you to launch Netflix from within a browser on some Linux platforms (not sure how good they are), but not OpenElec.
Actually, silverlight works on mac, too. You can watch Netflix on a mac.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...x_for_XBMC
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
(2013-10-29, 14:42)moneymaker Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...x_for_XBMC

I may be wrong, but XBMC Flicks project has been abandoned for a few months now.

Cheers.
the only way I was able to get netflix was though playon... not a good choice but it works the question is how?
Tried PlayOn, but their "server" doesn't support WHS2011, which (being a server) would seem to be a good candidate. But no.
Tried XBMCFlicks, but couldn't overcome the authentication issue.

Currently trying to get PleXBMC to work adequately. Netflix is the only Plex Channel that won't behave with it on my system.

Netflix does work without issue for me through Plex, but the devs there have discontinued support and pulled the channel from their repo (also AmazonPrime, HuluPlus, and one other pay service that escapes me).

Sadly, it seems to me like this is the dawn of a new media paradigm, with increasingly proprietary distribution and less openness to accommodate apps like XBMC and Plex. (FWIW, you can't play a movie you BOUGHT through iTunes on Plex without stripping out the DRM. Haven't tried with XBMC yet...)

Good luck on your search, OP. If you find a solution that works well, let us know.
Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares
Estuary skin - Netflix plug-in (CastagnalT) - Amazon Video Plug-in

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800
Why not use the addon that launches a browser? Can't recall the name right now.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
dear members,

its 2014 right now, is there any new solution for the netflix add-on in openelec - xbmc?

or is there any way to get netflix to work in xbmc?

we have open elec 4.0.4 ( xbmc gotham)....

its just the question for me if i need to buy an android device or what i prefer an little zotac or other formfactor HTPC..... so that i can get netflix on my tv...

tnx very much.
Yes chrome-launcher works for that I believe.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've given up on xbmc + Netflix. Have tried XBMCFlix, PleXBMC, to no avail. The most workable combo is XBMC + PlayOn, which has a Netflix channel. No idea how that fits in with openelec, as I'm running g PlayOn on Windows Server and streaming to XBMC on Mac Mini. The PlayOn communication is a bit slow, requiring a few seconds of "loading" when navigating through menus, and there's no "recently watched" category; if you want easy access to regular shows, you have to add them to "my list" from some other source (iOS, web browser, etc).
At best, a high-functioning workaround.

The Plex Netflix channel used to be awesome, but Plex devs dropped support for all WebKit-based channels.

If it's just for your tv, I just got a Roku Streaming Stick for $50, which has Netflix and Amazon ready to go, plus a Plex channel. We took it for a weekend away and we're VERY impressed by such a small form factor way to take our entire media life along.

-Erik

EDIT: HaHa! Just read my own post a couple of replies up, and thought I should update:
PlayOn does indeed work with WHS 2011, without issue. Albeit the experience (as noted above) is less than perfect.
Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares
Estuary skin - Netflix plug-in (CastagnalT) - Amazon Video Plug-in

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
REQUEST: NetFlix addon1