Win Launch Steam Big Picture from XBMC seamlessly
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I'm new here, this is what I mean:PREVIEW HERE

This only works with the default skin as far as I know, It'll probably work with others if you play around with it.
HOW-TO:
First, download and setup Big Picture Launcher: HERE

Next, I followed this: HERE except changed the name and pointed it to BigPictureLauncher.exe.
DISCLAIMER: The directory where you keep Big Picture Launcher must not have spaces, otherwise xbmc won't find it.

Last, I added a black background, hid the desktop icons and the task bar.

I hope this helps Smile and maybe you have better ideas to improve it.
Welcome to the forums.

Ive put together a addon to launch steam bpm from within xbmc, no need to edit skin files and because its a addon it can be added to the confluence home screen.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157499
(2013-09-16, 00:06)teeedubb Wrote: Welcome to the forums.

Ive put together a addon to launch steam bpm from within xbmc, no need to edit skin files and because its a addon it can be added to the confluence home screen.

Thanks :-) I posted this because all the other ones I found weren't very good, yours look like what I'm after.
Does anyone have suggestions for a theme that matches up well with Big Picture?

I've built my HTPC to run XBMC/Steam, but aside from the seamless exchange, I would like the themes to look the same. Metropolis is the closest Ive seen, but doesnt have the flexibility that Aeon does.

If I could get XBMC to look exactly like the Big Picture, or vice versa, I would be happy to change either frontend if possible...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Wink 
(2013-09-16, 00:06)teeedubb Wrote: Welcome to the forums.

Works like a charm!! Great job! Now if we could Intergrate Origin or Battlelog for Battlefield.
I launch BF4 via a autohotkey script and advanced launcher, but I wish EA would ditch Origin, delete all the source code and put their games on steam - Origin is hell buggy and isn't controller friendly and neither is BF4 - its worse than non controller supported games because its implemented so badly, which is really strange - they made it work for consoles...
hey this works perfectly for me except i see the desktop for about 5 seconds. any fixes?
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
The Steam Launcher thread has some methods to speed up steam, plus try the new version, it works on windows opening, not hard timeouts, so should feel more seamless.
I always used advance launcher then I found Steam launcher:

Works like a charm.
So, I've installed and configured this add-on and it fails.

I can post a log file if I knew where it was dumping to.....
My addon? It logs to the xbmc log file (wiki)
Hi guys,
I'm having a bit of an odd problem, but I can't wait to get it resolved because this is a brilliant thing to be able to do, so thank you for that.
I'm using xbmc on Windows 8.1 and when I launch steam from xbmc using your script xbmc closes fine and then steams big picture mode flashes on the screen, but then minimises. It's still running at this point because I can hear the background noise you get in big picture mode and if I press a button on my xbox360 controller I hear sounds. Bit of a weird one as I said :/
(2014-08-24, 21:49)mikepjbell Wrote: Hi guys,
I'm having a bit of an odd problem, but I can't wait to get it resolved because this is a brilliant thing to be able to do, so thank you for that.
I'm using xbmc on Windows 8.1 and when I launch steam from xbmc using your script xbmc closes fine and then steams big picture mode flashes on the screen, but then minimises. It's still running at this point because I can hear the background noise you get in big picture mode and if I press a button on my xbox360 controller I hear sounds. Bit of a weird one as I said :/

What happens when you launch steam outside of XBMC does it minimize then too?

Do you have any controls bound the the controller that may cause it to minimize?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch Steam Big Picture from XBMC seamlessly0