Names Under Folders
Hey guys,new to XMBC here
I have a specific issue.. I have an archive of +250 movies,most of them in their respective folders,for example
Folder
Quote:In Time 2011
In the folder,the movie and its subtitle,of course the same name
Files under folder
Quote:In Time.avi , In Time.sub
I know XMBC wants me to rename ALL my movies under folders with their years,but i can't do it since I have lots of movies.. I tried XMBC,and it didn't recognize most of my movies..
Sorry if I couldn't make myself clear enough..
Any solutions?
You really shouldn't have any issues with XBMC with universal scraper recognizing your collection. I've found theRenamer.com one of the best tools for collections. It's drag & drop easy, either one at a time or multiple. In your case you might have to add an exception for your sub files.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Sup...ls/Windows
So you're saying if XMBC didn't work,I have to rename all my archive? Sad
check "use folder names for lookup"? is it just because you don't have parentheses around the year?
Some movies are series,for example in the folder "Fast and Furious Series" there are 5 movies,each of them with their year,with no parenthesis. If I check "use folder names for lookup",will they be a problem?
Btw I don't know about that parentheses thing,when I used XMBC it only added nearly 100 of my movies..
Your scrape was somewhat successful, at least it got 100, which is not that good of a result. Using the Renamer each file will be put into a folder of it's name with the year in parentheses and you can drop whole folders into it... 10-20 minutes, you're done before I can finish this thread. Series that are distinguished by date only should be manually scraped in their own separate folders (you can put them in a set later).

Better nomenclature brings better results.
what he said
(2013-09-16, 04:41)PatK Wrote: Your scrape was somewhat successful, at least it got 100, which is not that good of a result. Using the Renamer each file will be put into a folder of it's name with the year in parentheses and you can drop whole folders into it... 10-20 minutes, you're done before I can finish this thread. Series that are distinguished by date only should be manually scraped in their own separate folders (you can put them in a set later).

Better nomenclature brings better results.
Thank you for your assist,but my files are already in their folders,I am not quite sure renamer will help me. But I'm trying it out now.
I'm not affiliated with theReanmer, but use it frequently. It get's it's names & date from the same sources that XBMC uses on a scrape, so if you have issues or problems with theRenamer, you'll have the identical issues in XBMC. Be sure that your scraper settings (I hope you're using the universal scraper) use the same database as you use with theRenamer.
I used renamer. I forgot to check "create folders" so it basically f*cked up my archive. Every movie and it's subtitle now out of their folders.. And renamer frequently gives network error,I'm not quite sure how long it will take to restore my archive & make it usable by XMBC. Thanks for help,though.
A simple check on "create folders" should put you in a better position, just re-click on the archives 'one at a time with subs' until you get the hang of what it's doing. I don't get a lot of network errors, take big breaths and breath deep.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Names Under Folders0