Linux Help needed to Transcode Recordings to [email protected]/hr
All,

I am looking for some help and advice tweaking mythtv and xbmc.

I have Mythtv setup and working with my Tevii S480 card. I can watch and record tv both live and scheduled. At present recordings are about 2GB/hr in mpeg2 TS format. I am looking for help in 2 areas:

1) Settings to input into mythtvbackend setup to automatically transcode these recordings to .mp4 (confused at the .nuv ext on these recordings post transcoding) with a file size of approx 500Mb/hr at reasonable quality.

2) Is there any way to use my Nvidia card to do the HW decoding for the transcoding process.

re: 1) I have setup the current profile to be low quality and set the advert skipping and auto transcoding options. Even then the file sizes are huge. I generally use SD sources for my TV shows (sickbeard/Sab) and find these to be acceptable (we have 10 xbmc devices on the lan and the AV amps do a good job of upscaling to the HD TV's). The usual filesizes are c. 200-500MB per episode.

Just getting started with this after finally getting rid of Sky Smile right now this is not really wife friendly but has the potential.

Also take this opportunity to say XBMC is really an awesome platform for all your media needs.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
Your question is probably best answered on the mythtv-users mailing list as there are plenty of people with nice transcoding setups over there.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok thanks. I will take a look over there.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed to Transcode Recordings to [email protected]/hr0