New Bug... xbmcgui.ListItem ?
my same code...

xbmcgui.listitem(label = item[1], label2 = itemstat, thumbnailimage= iwd+imgdim))

using build 1/6, displaying in this order on the screen...

thumbnailimage label label2

after 1/11 build...

label2 thumbnailimage label

did a recent build fix or break the order?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
thumbnail between the two labels? thats gotta look weird :-)

i wish we had more control over what goes into a listitem. would have made my stocks script much easier.. (i pretty much reimplemented controllist in that one).

maybe this should be in the bug section? honestly i think there needs to be a python bugs/feature requests forum.

(asteron @ jan. 13 2006,08:01 Wrote:thumbnail between the two labels?  thats gotta look weird :-)

i wish we had more control over what goes into a listitem.  would have made my stocks script much easier.. (i pretty much reimplemented controllist in that one).  

maybe this should be in the bug section?  honestly i think there needs to be a python bugs/feature requests forum.
can you share the code for your custom listcontrol?

yes, i'll bug it... i just wanted to see if it was me (since i'm new to python) or if the others have seen the change also.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
its the xstocks script on xbmcscripts.com. it is kind of complicated though. i basically have a bunch of blank one line lists controls arranged vertically and update a set of label controls on top of them... the labels support different colors (you cant actually change the color of a label after you create it) and so i have a set of different superimposed colored labels which i toggled the visibility of. i have to handle scrolling, moving, and pageup / pagedown. also handles the case where there arent enough items to fill up the list (make the last few lines invisible).

i had issues with using controlup/down so i did navigation myself (calling setfocus whenever the user moved). now that i have more experience i could of probably gotten away with letting xbmc handle a bit more of the navigation. (onaction with movement events isnt reliable unless you spin a thread and wait a few millis). i should of also tested removing and readd the label to change the color (i was worried this might be slow with dozens of labels).

you might be able to rip it apart and get useful stuff out of it though.

there was alot of gui stuff going on in that script. you could add/remove/change items in the lists, in the options screen i did a multiselect radio group of checkmark controls... had a couple of lists that you can shuffle items between... ohh and you can sort by the different columns in the table forwards and backwards...

i'm sure its only a minor fix for the talented xbmc devs, but it makes our scripts look well broken.
could you raise an official (sourceforge) bug request on this, if you havnt done so already?
does anyone have an update on if this problem has been looked at yet, a lot of scripts are are in a right mess cos if it?

as reported, label2 on a listitem in a controlist is displayed way off left on the screen, even before label1.
should be in fixed now in cvs.

if you want to test, add the lines:

clabelinfo label2 = label;
label2.offsetx = label2.offsety = 0;

in place of:

clabelinfo label2 = label;

in xbmc/lib/libpython/xbmcmodule/controllist.cpp

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

genius!  :bowdown:

i spent an hour looking around that area! lol

so bloomin' simple... when you know how...

thank you jm!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Bug... xbmcgui.ListItem ?0