Best Windows PVR Backend (Your choice and why!)
NextPVR is really good on windows as well, I have been running it for a long time on Windows 7 and only issue
I had was the buffer got filled up (1.1tb) over a long time because of a bug.
Had issues with both nextpvr and argus. Nextpvr seemed to freeze often or get stuck looping the same 10 m8nutes over and over.

Argus seemed to randomly stop grabbing OTA epg for different channels and also wouldnt always boot the 2 services in the correct order after rebooting.

It was really a subpar experience as it was used by non techy people in the house.

Switching to openelec+tvheadend has been much better for me. It has some issues with live timeshiftig and pausing but otherwise flawless.
Did you have issues with NextPVR for watching live TV or for recordings?
I pretty much only use it for recordings and any live tv is via the Kodi pvr addon.
Mostly for live tv via the pvr addon. This was going back a year or 2 though.
(2016-02-02, 13:06)beeswax Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 01:46)Morphy99 Wrote: Will post links and some instructions if anyone is interested / stuck with how to get MP sky EPG working.

I'd be very interested in this!

This is the version i use and set it up using the guide linked in that thread. It's been working perfectly for about 3 weeks now
(2015-03-13, 00:43)i0zjh02 Wrote: Lack of client/server functionality is a pain. I took for granted with SageTV that I could part watch a recording on one client and continue were I left of later in a different room/client. But I here this will come eventually with Kodi.

I feel your pain. I was also a SageTV user and can't believe that, what, five years later? We still don't have what we lost. Don't even get me started on client headaches versus HD300 boxes.

I'm using WMC since Comcast is a PITA about encryption/CableCard.

Regarding resuming on different clients, have you tried setting up the Kodi SQL database for multiple clients to share?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Windows PVR Backend (Your choice and why!)0