controlling xbmc from command line or other
I am running Frodo and was wondering if it is possible to control it from the commandline. I have an extensive home automation system and all of the pieces of the system communicate though command line arguments. My home automation system is run primarily with Voice recognition and I would love to add XBMC to the system. I ahve it running now but cant communicate from the Home automation software. What I would like ot be able to accomplish is simple command play, pause, stop, and also be able to select a movie with voice recognition "PLAY (movie title) Just wondering if this is possible and where I could get he needed info to make it work.

Thank you for you time

Ken
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=JSON-RPC_API
Can I get some examples of how to send the commands from the command line. I'm really new to JSON and I'm not getting it at all. I simply want to set up command lines that will start a specific movie title from the command line. if I could get an example of the command I'm sure that I could modify it from there

I really appreciate the help

Thanks Ken
you can also use the xbmc-send command in conjunction with the built in functions List_of_built-in_functions (wiki)

eg. xbmc-send --host=192.168.1.106 --port=9777 --action="ActivateWindow(Music)"
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I can post some examples when I get home, but honestly Google is your friend - there's loads of examples in these forums and on the net.

Not sure how you would go converting speech to text for movie titles though, maybe a tablet with zbmc remote app would be better suited.
Please post the examples if you could. Trying to get all the info I can before starting this project

Thanks Ken
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...I/Examples
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
curl --data-binary '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Scan", "id": "mybash"}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://192.168.1.32:9191/jsonrpc
(2013-09-18, 03:55)lrusak Wrote: you can also use the xbmc-send command in conjunction with the built in functions List_of_built-in_functions (wiki)

eg. xbmc-send --host=192.168.1.106 --port=9777 --action="ActivateWindow(Music)"

Is this ability still available in Frodo 12.2 I was thinking that was gone and replaced with the json interface
Works with frodo.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
spammer, reported.
I have been playing around with the JSON stuff and I think this is what I need or at least Im getting close. but its still not working im thinking that this Json command sent from my browser should play the selected movie Huh

192.168.1.9:808/{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","id":1,"params":{"item":{"movieid":47}}}

could some one please let me know what I am missing that it doesn't respond to the command.

also how can I find out what the ID numbers are for all the different moives in my library?

Thanks in advance

Ken
Hello just wondering if you came to a resolution to this. I will ukd love to implement this myself.

Thanks
Chria

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
controlling xbmc from command line or other1