2.4G Remote Control Air Mouse Wireless Keyboard for XBMC
(2014-08-05, 21:13)Soul_Est Wrote: Those codes are actually scancodes, not keycodes. Keycodes are, at most, three numbers long. Read through the thread here: http://minixforums.com/threads/mele-f10-...-etc.1323/ and especially this post: http://minixforums.com/threads/mele-f10-...#post-7637 as well as this document: https://docs.google.com/a/xyz.pp.se/draw...rWJ4o/edit.

All of the Mele threads, in particular this post, show scancodes and keycodes being two or three numbers long... mine are in hex, can I convert them numerically into decimal?
http://minixforums.com/threads/mele-f10-...#post-9402

Also, are you saying that I need to make a .kl file for the "keyboard" of my remote for Android, or can I change the mapping in an XBMC keymap file?
I recommend changing the .kl file using the official XBMC (Kodi) keymap as a guide.
(2014-08-08, 03:08)Soul_Est Wrote: I recommend changing the .kl file using the official XBMC (Kodi) keymap as a guide.

Two things:
1- KodiHuh What's in a name?

2- are you talking about using the Keymap editor in XBMC?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...map_Editor

thanks so much
Chris
I have this exact same remote (visually it looks exactly like the picture from post #1). It's been a while since I've done this, but I'll try my best to explain what I did to remap some of the keys. I'm not saying this is the "best" way or the only way. But it's how I did it.

OK, first of all, you need to figure out which .kl file is your remote. So, unplug your remote and then reboot and look at your .kl files and remember (or write down or screenshot or something) which files are there. They should probably be in /system/usr/keylayout/

Then plug in your keyboard and see which is the "new" file. Mine was called Vendor_1915_Product_0145.kl but yours might be different.

Make a copy of that "Vendor_1915_Product_0145.kl" file that you are going to modify.

Next, download and install this android apk onto your device:
https://github.com/chrisboyle/keytest/downloads

Then run that keytest program on your android device. When you press buttons on your remote with that app running, it will show you what the "scancode" is for each button. Press each button on your remote that you want to remap and keep track of it's "scancode".

Open your "Vendor_1915_Product_0145.kl" file with a text editor and then find each scancode that you wanted to change. Beside that key, put the action you want to happen. Here is an example:

key 59 MENU

becomes

key 59 C

save that "Vendor_1915_Product_0145.kl" file and overwrite your existing one (you might need to have a rooted device and a root file manager to overwrite this file). Then reboot and test your changes.

On mine, the red, yellow, green, and blue buttons are just like any other button and they have a scancode just like any other. So, I have my red button as a "stop" button (x), my yellow button is the letter o, and my green button is the letter i. When I upgraded my device from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2, some of the keys changed and I had to update my kl file a little bit. I could provide you MY custom Vendor_1915_Product_0145.kl file, but unfortunately I didn't make enough comments in mine and it's pretty messy. But if you want it, I could post it for you to give it a try.

My biggest beef with this remote is the mouse and the mouse buttons. Every time I touch my remote, I always press the mouse disable button first. Because with the mouse enabled, the mouse "left click" button is the center "OK" button. Which means that with the mouse enabled, the OK button is no longer the "enter" button. The mouse DOES stay disabled until the remote goes to sleep, which is good. But for example: if you disable the mouse, move around the menus, start playing a movie and then set the remote down and watch your movie for 30 minutes and then press "pause", the mouse will be enabled again when you press pause.

Anyway, hope that helps someone. If anyone figures out a work around for the mouse getting re-enabled when it come out of sleep, please post it. My thought was if I could find the mouse driver file (assuming that there is one Smile ). I could delete it to break the mouse functionality. But my android knowledge isn't nearly good enough to pull that off.
(2014-08-11, 18:49)teefer22 Wrote: I have this exact same remote (visually it looks exactly like the picture from post #1). It's been a while since I've done this, but I'll try my best to explain what I did to remap some of the keys. I'm not saying this is the "best" way or the only way. But it's how I did it.

OK, first of all, you need to figure out which .kl file is your remote. So, unplug your remote and then reboot and look at your .kl files and remember (or write down or screenshot or something) which files are there. They should probably be in /system/usr/keylayout/

Then plug in your keyboard and see which is the "new" file. Mine was called Vendor_1915_Product_0145.kl but yours might be different.

Make a copy of that "Vendor_1915_Product_0145.kl" file that you are going to modify.

Then run that keytest program on your android device. When you press buttons on your remote with that app running, it will show you what the "scancode" is for each button. Press each button on your remote that you want to remap and keep track of it's "scancode".

Open your "Vendor_1915_Product_0145.kl" file with a text editor and then find each scancode that you wanted to change. Beside that key, put the action you want to happen. Here is an example:

key 59 MENU

becomes

key 59 C

save that "Vendor_1915_Product_0145.kl" file and overwrite your existing one (you might need to have a rooted device and a root file manager to overwrite this file). Then reboot and test your changes.

On mine, the red, yellow, green, and blue buttons are just like any other button and they have a scancode just like any other. So, I have my red button as a "stop" button (x), my yellow button is the letter o, and my green button is the letter i. When I upgraded my device from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2, some of the keys changed and I had to update my kl file a little bit. I could provide you MY custom Vendor_1915_Product_0145.kl file, but unfortunately I didn't make enough comments in mine and it's pretty messy. But if you want it, I could post it for you to give it a try.

My biggest beef with this remote is the mouse and the mouse buttons. Every time I touch my remote, I always press the mouse disable button first. Because with the mouse enabled, the mouse "left click" button is the center "OK" button. Which means that with the mouse enabled, the OK button is no longer the "enter" button. The mouse DOES stay disabled until the remote goes to sleep, which is good. But for example: if you disable the mouse, move around the menus, start playing a movie and then set the remote down and watch your movie for 30 minutes and then press "pause", the mouse will be enabled again when you press pause.

Anyway, hope that helps someone. If anyone figures out a work around for the mouse getting re-enabled when it come out of sleep, please post it. My thought was if I could find the mouse driver file (assuming that there is one Smile ). I could delete it to break the mouse functionality. But my android knowledge isn't nearly good enough to pull that off.

I also have the same remote and am facing the annoying mouse re-enabling problem. I found that if you hold the mouse enable/disable button for a few seconds that the mouse will stay off (even after sleep). BUT when you flip the remote over to use the qwerty side all the buttons and keys are screwed up until you enable the mouse again. I wish the mouse would default to OFF instead of ON but it doesn't I contacted Aerb about this and they only provided a reason as to why I should want it on and then sent me another free remote.
Thanks for the tip about holding down the mouse enable/disable button. I'll test that out. I have flashed my android box to a linux build and have been again playing with the mapping of this remote and some different settings. I think I have found a workable solution for now (keep in mind this is now on linux). I created a mouse.xml and put this in it:

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<leftclick>select</leftclick>
<rightclick>back</rightclick>
<mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
<mousemove>noop</mousemove>
</mouse>
</global>
</keymap>

That makes it so that the mouse cursor is not visible, and when you press the blue "OK" button, it's the same as select. Unfortunately, the right click (to go back) doesn't seem to work 90% of the time. Using this solution, the back button is broken, so i made the home button the back button (in keyboard.xml). At least with this solution I don't have to use the mouse enable/disable button at all.

I'm still going to play around with holding down the enable/disable button and see if I can figure out a better solution. But for now the above seems ok. I might re-flash my box back to android and test it out, but I haven't done that yet. The primary reason I decided to give linux a try was in hopes that the remote would work better. But doesn't seem like that's the case.
(2014-08-25, 22:12)robbyyyyyy Wrote: I also have the same remote and am facing the annoying mouse re-enabling problem. I found that if you hold the mouse enable/disable button for a few seconds that the mouse will stay off (even after sleep). BUT when you flip the remote over to use the qwerty side all the buttons and keys are screwed up until you enable the mouse again. I wish the mouse would default to OFF instead of ON but it doesn't I contacted Aerb about this and they only provided a reason as to why I should want it on and then sent me another free remote.

Wow - robbyyyyy that works very nicely. I mainly use the remote for XBMC and not having the mouse appear is a major improvement. the air mouse function works very well, but I only rarely need it.

The long press on my airmouse button makes the red LED shine solidly after blinking a few times. once its gone solid, the airmouse stays off with all subsequent button presses.

thanks!!

NOTE - when in this mode, the keyboard on the back appears all messed up. many buttons dont seem to do anything, others do volume +/- and other "function" keys.

(2014-08-11, 18:49)teefer22 Wrote: Next, download and install this android apk onto your device:

hi teefer, thanks for your suggestion. i have grabbed the apk, will test it out when i get chance and see what codes come up. this is going to be much easier than trying to dig through the XBMC log files.
I am looking for a remote for amazon fire tv with keyboard on the flip side.

The amazon fire tv doesn't receive IR so I need to know if this remote uses IR for the directional pad and OK?

Even better if you can tell which buttons are IR.

Alternatively I am considering this remote which I believe is pure 2.4 ghz:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-2-4G-Wirele...5402282d1b
(2014-09-04, 14:20)henningdalgaard Wrote: I am looking for a remote for amazon fire tv with keyboard on the flip side.

The amazon fire tv doesn't receive IR so I need to know if this remote uses IR for the directional pad and OK?

Even better if you can tell which buttons are IR.

Alternatively I am considering this remote which I believe is pure 2.4 ghz:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-2-4G-Wirele...5402282d1b

its all USB apart from the four colour buttons, as far as I know.

regarding that ebay item, that company sends me spam (thanks to the recent ebay hack exposing my gmail address) so i wouldnt encourage you to buy that one... just my 2 cents
anyone taken apart this remote and know what bit is the gyro/accelerometer and if it would be possible to just simply add a small switch?
(2015-01-18, 18:15)jesterod Wrote: anyone taken apart this remote and know what bit is the gyro/accelerometer and if it would be possible to just simply add a small switch?

Interesting idea, but not sure its worth it. I have taken to using two remotes, depending on what I need. For XBMC, I use the very basic d-pad clicking remote. For YouTube and apps which require airmouse, I use this.
i mainly use a first gen xbox dvd kit but its a pain if i need to type something i like this air-mouse remote but the sleep of the mouse function sucks a switch would be great only flip it when mouse is needed ive opened it up but sadly nothing jumps out at me that says "ADD SWITCH HERE".....
the daughter-board says its a rf module
I have the same remote and have programmed the IR keys and the power key.
which is also programmable.
but now i wish to "deprogram" or reset the remote to factory key layout. does anyone know how?
(2014-08-11, 18:49)teefer22 Wrote: I have this exact same remote (visually it looks exactly like the picture from post #1). It's been a while since I've done this, but I'll try my best to explain what I did to remap some of the keys. I'm not saying this is the "best" way or the only way. But it's how I did it.

key 59 MENU

becomes

key 59 C

Will this process will work for amazon fire tv? i will try to do this for http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-2-4G-Wirele...5402282d1b remote.
I have problem only with the back button and home button. Air mouse works great. I could be nice all in one fire tv remote if I can fix the home button and back button.
This remote is really good, I like it.

To disable the air mouse pointer, I use the red button below the big OK.

But what is the "!" good for (on the right side)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2.4G Remote Control Air Mouse Wireless Keyboard for XBMC1