Win XBMC crashes on start up after CCC upgrade
Hi, first of a few details... Running Win 7 (64) with a Radeon HD 6400 graphics chip, on Frodo 12.2.
I was using the AMD CCC 12.10 with no problems, when I stupidly decided to follow the prompt to upgrade it to 13.4. After this XMBC became really sluggish on the menus (but played files ok). I the uninstalled the CCC and XBMC just crashes as soon as I start it. I've tried putting CCC 12.10 back on, but it's still the same. CCC was also reporting a failure to start, but I've set that to compatibility mode, and it works ok now. Any ideas please?

I can paste the log file, but it doesn't say much...

Thanks

edit: neither vlc or media player work, so it's clearly not an xbmc fault.

edit: fixed now, after lots of messing around. Please delete the thread. thanks
I'm using 13.1 and don;'t have any real issues, but have had with some versions, if it's not broken don't fix it comes to mind.

Driver Packaging Version 9.012-121219a-152192C-ATI
Catalyst Version 13.1
Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1278
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet002/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Direct3D Version 9.14.10.0945
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.12002
Catalyst Control Center Version 2012.1219.1521.27485

I run XBMC with hardware gfx acceleration
(2013-09-17, 20:41)willp2003 Wrote: Hi, first of a few details... Running Win 7 (64) with a Radeon HD 6400 graphics chip, on Frodo 12.2.
I was using the AMD CCC 12.10 with no problems, when I stupidly decided to follow the prompt to upgrade it to 13.4. After this XMBC became really sluggish on the menus (but played files ok). I the uninstalled the CCC and XBMC just crashes as soon as I start it. I've tried putting CCC 12.10 back on, but it's still the same. CCC was also reporting a failure to start, but I've set that to compatibility mode, and it works ok now. Any ideas please?

Thanks

What was the solution?

(2013-09-17, 20:41)willp2003 Wrote: Hi, first of a few details... Running Win 7 (64) with a Radeon HD 6400 graphics chip, on Frodo 12.2.

Thanks

What was the solution?

Thanks

What was the solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes on start up after CCC upgrade0