• 2(current)
[WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver
This is awesome.

I have been waiting for this in XBMC for years. The default screen savers are rudimentary at best and let an otherwise brilliant the product down..

Can you please post regular updates - or is it possible to get an advanced release of this? Even if it only includes just the 'Table Drop' or 'AppleTVLike' settings?

One request - is it possible to source the photos from Picasa starred/favourites as per the default Windows Google Picasa screensaver?

Nice work.
This looks great. Are you able to release a BETA or Alpha?
XBMC is seriously lacking in this department and your'e doing some great work.
Any updates?
This sounds really promising, thanks for your work. It would be really nice, if you could release a beta-version. I'd be happy to try and test it.

Also, will it be possible to not select a mode but have the plugin randomly choose one each time the screensaver starts?

Cheers
Hi Sphere, thank you for investing the time in creating such a cool addon.
Can you share any updates on progress? (as you can see the list of fans is growing :-))
This may prove to be difficult but how about pulling pictures from directories or external services like smugmug, flickr, or picturelife?
LEGEND!!! so close I can almost feel it Smile........Go SPHERE
(2013-10-30, 12:14)cw-kid Wrote: Your demo video looks great!

I miss the Windows 7 MCE photo screensaver functionality that XBMC lacks.

Windows 7 MCE photo screensaver video for those that haven't seen it before.

Any news about this Multi Slideshow Screensaver development?

Thanks

++1 !!!

I really love your work, looking forward to getting your screensaver. But must add that the functionality that WMC has is fantastic and would love it if you could include it in your settings -if possible-

Thanks anyway for that extraordinary work you are doing!!
Just wanted to say that there is a software that replicates the WMC screensaver slideshow:

http://www.photoscroll.net/

Maybe you want to take some ideas from them.

Cheers.
I'm really looking forward to this plugin as well. Is it possible to see/use the beta as it is now? Github?
Good News, I finally got some free time last week to bring this add-on to a beta stage.

It's still missing an Icon, I would be happy if anyone of you could create one!

However, if you are willing to test it: Please send me a PM and I will reply you a download link (but earliest in about 7 hours when I got home).
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hi Sphere, MP send.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Good news, I have a new version ready for testing.
No need for PM again, feedback was good, all issues should be fixed.

Here is the full changelog:

Code:
0.0.2 (unreleased)
- fix script error with float wait time
- catch empty image folder
- allow recursive folder lookup
- added setting for disabling random image order
- fix fast image preload race condition
- allow more speed and concurrency in AppleTVLike
- added setting to disable random order on GridSwitch
- more precise wait time calculation
- fix short flashing of the next image in StarWarsScreensaver

0.0.1 (unreleased)
- initial version

Here is the download link (You need to download this .ZIP and install manually):
Download Version 0.0.2

Feedback wanted! Wink

Have fun,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Tried it out on my RaspberryPi. Unfortunately it lags then jumps whenever a new picture enters the screen. I know you said it may not work on a Pi, but the problem seems to go away after a while, once all the photos have loaded. I think the built in slideshow tries to combat this through some sort of caching, so I wonder if that could help here too?
(2013-12-27, 03:20)dtaylorl Wrote: Tried it out on my RaspberryPi. Unfortunately it lags then jumps whenever a new picture enters the screen. I know you said it may not work on a Pi, but the problem seems to go away after a while, once all the photos have loaded. I think the built in slideshow tries to combat this through some sort of caching, so I wonder if that could help here too?

Works fine on my rpi no lag at all - i really want an alternate way to view photos, so is this where we now ask for extras? First cab off the rank would be portrait photo support, and reading EXIF data.

This is amazing work I love it
Hi

I just installed the add-on on my Intel i3 Sandybridge HTPC running XBMC V12.2 on OpenElec.

I pointed it to my Pictures folder on my WHS file server, this is where all our family photos are stored.

The add-on works well with a few minor issues for me.

Each time the photo screen saver starts the Advanced WOL add-on pops up a notification saying my file server is awake. The Advanced WOL add-on tends to do this a lot when running other add-ons I have no idea why.

When using the TableDrop and RandomZoomIn the pictures as they are appearing in the screen saver can sometimes flicker, kind of hard to explain, in the tabledrop for example as some pictures are being dropped there is a flickering affect, as if the transition is not as smooth as it could be? And its quite noticeable on the eyes when viewing.

Overall a great add-on and great work!

Thanks
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver2