• 3(current)
[WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver
After changing the speed of the StarWars screen saver and previewing the first few images displayed are not displayed correctly as shown in the screen shots. eventually it sorts itself out and the pictures are then displayed OK in the StarWars like style.

Then after a few moments the pictures are displayed OK as expected.

Hi

Is there a way to initiate the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver add-on from a XBMC menu item? For example in Aeon MQ5 on the IMAGES main menu, I'd like to create a sub-menu item that when selected would manually initiate the screen saver to be displayed. Looking in the Aeon MQ5 menu customization there doesn't appear to be a way to assign a screensaver add-on to a menu item.

Why would you want to do this? The default option in Settings - Appearance - ScreenSaver - Use Visualization if playing audio. Is enabled by default. To have the screensaver appear whilst playing music you have to turn this setting off.

However I quite like the Visualization whilst playing music, but sometimes I would want to manually initiate the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver instead if I want to see my photos whilst listening to music!

Thanks.

EDIT: This JSON command in a browser launches the screen saver.

Code:
http://192.168.1.100:80/jsonrpc?request={ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "screensaver", "parameters": [ "WINDOW_SCREENSAVER" ] }, "id": 1 }

However I am then unable to exit the screensaver using the remote control.
(2013-10-30, 12:14)cw-kid Wrote: Your demo video looks great!

I miss the Windows 7 MCE photo screensaver functionality that XBMC lacks.

Windows 7 MCE photo screensaver video for those that haven't seen it before.

Any news about this Multi Slideshow Screensaver development?

Thanks

++1
MCE picture screensaver is the best, I hope you can add something like it
I was able to edit my favourites.xml file and add in this line:

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="SlideShow ScreenSaver">ActivateWindow(12900,&quot;/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py/&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

I am now able to assign this favourite which is named "SlideShow ScreenSaver" to a menu item in Aeon MQ5 and when I click on this menu item the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver is now launched!

However I have the same problem as with that JSON command to launch the screensaver, when I press exit (back) on the remote control to exit the screensaver I just get a blank / black screen and I am unable to exit back to the XBMC main menu. Seems like a bug in Frodo V12.2 to me ?

Also pressing backspace or esc on the keyboard and I am also unable to exit the screensaver and get a blank screen.
Hi

I can also confirm that this line below, in the favourites.xml file also works OK and launches the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver from a skin menu item.

Code:
<favourites>
       <favourite name="Slideshow Screensaver">ActivateWindow(12900,"special://profile/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py")</favourite>
</favourites>

But I still have the same issue of then not being able to then exit the screensaver properly and get stuck on a blank screen, if it has been launched in this manner rather than how it would normally be initiated.

Not sure if this is an issue with XBMC Frodo v12.2 or the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver add-on or what ?

Thanks
(2013-12-28, 14:57)ajerazzor Wrote: Works fine on my rpi no lag at all

What is you image source? A local directory or online? USB or SD card? I'm using a class 10 SD card, but am going to try a USB drive and see if that is any better.

Edit: Just tried again with two different USB drives - same result, it jumps whenever a new image needs to be loaded.
Hello,
good work Sphere I love this screensaver!

could you had in the wish list :
- possibility to exclude a directory by name? (my NAS create a directory with thumbnail...)
- an option that keep picture original ratio, photo are generaly in 3:2 and screen in 16:9
(2014-01-04, 04:37)dtaylorl Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 14:57)ajerazzor Wrote: Works fine on my rpi no lag at all

What is you image source? A local directory or online? USB or SD card? I'm using a class 10 SD card, but am going to try a USB drive and see if that is any better.

Edit: Just tried again with two different USB drives - same result, it jumps whenever a new image needs to be loaded.

Class 10 sd with USB install latest raspbmc and images on smb share on NAS
(2013-12-29, 17:59)cw-kid Wrote: I was able to edit my favourites.xml file and add in this line:

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="SlideShow ScreenSaver">ActivateWindow(12900,&quot;/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py/&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

I am now able to assign this favourite which is named "SlideShow ScreenSaver" to a menu item in Aeon MQ5 and when I click on this menu item the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver is now launched!

However I have the same problem as with that JSON command to launch the screensaver, when I press exit (back) on the remote control to exit the screensaver I just get a blank / black screen and I am unable to exit back to the XBMC main menu. Seems like a bug in Frodo V12.2 to me ?

Also pressing backspace or esc on the keyboard and I am also unable to exit the screensaver and get a blank screen.

The add-on was only developed to be started as screensaver. It exits itself when the OnScreenSaverDeactivated-Event is fired which doesn't happen when started manually.
I will add code to let the add-on also exit on ESC/Backspace etc.

You will have to wait for the next version, I will drop a note here when its ready.
Thanks!

(2013-12-30, 18:47)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I can also confirm that this line below, in the favourites.xml file also works OK and launches the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver from a skin menu item.

Code:
<favourites>
       <favourite name="Slideshow Screensaver">ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py")</favourite>
</favourites>

But I still have the same issue of then not being able to then exit the screensaver properly and get stuck on a blank screen, if it has been launched in this manner rather than how it would normally be initiated.

Not sure if this is an issue with XBMC Frodo v12.2 or the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver add-on or what ?

Thanks
Just read my reply above.

(2014-01-04, 20:07)furlot Wrote: Hello,

- possibility to exclude a directory by name? (my NAS create a directory with thumbnail...)
- an option that keep picture original ratio, photo are generaly in 3:2 and screen in 16:9

Good Idea, I will add a setting where you can enter excluded file patterns (whit some common defaults).
The problem with the wrong aspect-ratio is a bug in Frodo. It should work in Gotham.

Thanks all for your feedback!

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2014-01-06, 10:11)sphere Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 17:59)cw-kid Wrote: I was able to edit my favourites.xml file and add in this line:

Code:
<favourites>
</favourites>

The add-on was only developed to be started as screensaver. It exits itself when the OnScreenSaverDeactivated-Event is fired which doesn't happen when started manually.

You will have to wait for the next version, I will drop a note here when its ready.
Thanks!

(2013-12-30, 18:47)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Code:
<favourites>
       <favourite name="Slideshow Screensaver">ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py")</favourite>
</favourites>

Thanks
Just read my reply above.

(2014-01-04, 20:07)furlot Wrote: Hello,

Good Idea, I will add a setting where you can enter excluded file patterns (whit some common defaults).
The problem with the wrong aspect-ratio is a bug in Frodo. It should work in Gotham.

Thanks all for your feedback!

regards,
sphere

Any chance it could read exif data for orientation?
(2014-01-06, 10:11)sphere Wrote: The add-on was only developed to be started as screensaver. It exits itself when the OnScreenSaverDeactivated-Event is fired which doesn't happen when started manually.

Thanks!

Hi Sphere

Brilliant news, thank you very much! Big Grin
(2014-01-06, 10:11)sphere Wrote: Good Idea, I will add a setting where you can enter excluded file patterns (whit some common defaults).
thanks, I try to do it but I don't know Python... and all my test freeze xbmc Big Grin, maybe I should read basics of Python...
(2014-01-06, 10:11)sphere Wrote: The problem with the wrong aspect-ratio is a bug in Frodo. It should work in Gotham.
ok maybe I will try Gotham...
(2014-01-06, 22:41)furlot Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 10:11)sphere Wrote: The problem with the wrong aspect-ratio is a bug in Frodo. It should work in Gotham.
ok maybe I will try Gotham...
Hi aspect-ratio is ok with Gotham but width=100% so up and down are cut. Is it possible to have(in option?) height=100% and black lines on the sides?
edit : best option will be a "fit to screen picture"

and anohter request, read exif to turn verticales pictures
I haven't tried this out yet, but can't thank you enough. This is awesome and something I've wished for in XBMC for a long time!
(2013-12-25, 16:08)sphere Wrote: Good news, I have a new version ready for testing.
No need for PM again, feedback was good, all issues should be fixed.

Here is the full changelog:

Code:
0.0.2 (unreleased)
- fix script error with float wait time
- catch empty image folder
- allow recursive folder lookup
- added setting for disabling random image order
- fix fast image preload race condition
- allow more speed and concurrency in AppleTVLike
- added setting to disable random order on GridSwitch
- more precise wait time calculation
- fix short flashing of the next image in StarWarsScreensaver

0.0.1 (unreleased)
- initial version

Here is the download link (You need to download this .ZIP and install manually):
Download Version 0.0.2

Feedback wanted! Wink

Have fun,
sphere

Just downloaded and installed, no problems. So far LOVE IT! Thanks sphere!!
Here are my findings:
I'm running it on an ATV1 with CB2 and Frodo 12.3
I tried the AppleTV style and table drop screen savers using MovieFan Art as the image source.
When I used the preview, the images appeared but seamed a little sluggish, some minor stutter.
While playing music and having the screensaver kick in (1 minute) there were several times the music and images froze for about 5-10 seconds and continued.
With music playing and screensaver working I skipped to the next song and the screen saver went away. Not sure if that's supposed to happen?

Other than the minor stutter of the images and the occasional freeze it works great. Just what I've been waiting for! Looking forward to the final release.

Thanks again sphere Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver2