• 5(current)
[WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver
Removed
Hello sphere,

fantastic add-on! I really like effects very much!

I would like to make a suggestion: have you ever considered creating a visualization add-on based on your Multi Slideshow Screensaver? The idea is to use the looking modes you have already created for your screensaver to display slideshows of the artist currently playing in the audio player. You could use the pictures stored in the extrafanart folders inside the artists folders. Skins like Transparency! already have this functionality (extra fanart slideshow during audio play), but they don't have the beautiful look modes of your add-on.

So, when XBMC is playing music in fullscreen mode (tab key), the visualization add-on should detect what artist is currently playing, let's say Shakira, look in the artists folder (i. e. \Music\Shakira\extrafanart\) and use the images inside the extrafanart folder. Then, when a new track starts to play, the add-on would switch to the new artist accordingly.

This would be a awesome add-on! What do you say?

Best regards,
Spider
This is a good idea and it might work.
Sadly I got no time for new features at the moment but I created an issue on github to don't forget your idea when I have some free time again...
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2014-02-18, 23:47)Spider_mp3 Wrote: Hello sphere,

fantastic add-on! I really like effects very much!

I would like to make a suggestion: have you ever considered creating a visualization add-on based on your Multi Slideshow Screensaver? The idea is to use the looking modes you have already created for your screensaver to display slideshows of the artist currently playing in the audio player. You could use the pictures stored in the extrafanart folders inside the artists folders. Skins like Transparency! already have this functionality (extra fanart slideshow during audio play), but they don't have the beautiful look modes of your add-on.

So, when XBMC is playing music in fullscreen mode (tab key), the visualization add-on should detect what artist is currently playing, let's say Shakira, look in the artists folder (i. e. \Music\Shakira\extrafanart\) and use the images inside the extrafanart folder. Then, when a new track starts to play, the add-on would switch to the new artist accordingly.

This would be a awesome add-on! What do you say?

Best regards,
Spider

+1
Love this screensaver. Unfortunately it stopped working when using Gotham Beta 1.
Please fix this if you find the time.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

I'm giving this a whirl on Gotham B1. On two XBMC installs it'll run for a random amount of time and then freeze. I can hear XBMC "behind" it working... pressing the "s" key actually brings up the shutdown panel on top of the screen saver so I can exit.

I'm wondering if I have a corrupted piece of movie fanart causing problems, although I'm at a loss to figure out how to find it.
(2014-03-09, 03:54)majorsl Wrote: I'm giving this a whirl on Gotham B1. On two XBMC installs it'll run for a random amount of time and then freeze. I can hear XBMC "behind" it working... pressing the "s" key actually brings up the shutdown panel on top of the screen saver so I can exit.

I'm wondering if I have a corrupted piece of movie fanart causing problems, although I'm at a loss to figure out how to find it.

I have the same issue but I don't think its corrupted thing.
I realy like this slideshow and hope it would runs better with Gotham (latest nigltly here)
Wasn't sure if this is the right place, or on GitHUB, so I hope you don't mind I posted on both.

Wondering if you could implement something to preserve the original image aspect ratio. I have a prototype here which I can validate works for the apple-like mode.

If doing this, it might be better to modify the random image size based on the height instead of the width. The change at line 476 increases the size the image will move off screen, but this could cause an issue if the image is still very tall. If changing it to be based off the height instead, then the random image size could be set to 720 times the random seed as the width currently is. Then no image would be greater than 720 height max, so the end size could be reverted back to -720.

Code:
--- screensaver_orig.py 2014-04-04 14:06:25.856481700 -0500
+++ screensaver.py      2014-04-04 14:11:06.191837500 -0500
@@ -19,6 +19,7 @@

import random
import sys
+from PIL import Image

if sys.version_info >= (2, 7):
     import json
@@ -476,7 +477,7 @@

def process_image(self, image_control, image_url):
         MOVE_ANIMATION = (
-            'effect=slide start=0,720 end=0,-720 center=auto time=%s '
+            'effect=slide start=0,720 end=0,-1280 center=auto time=%s '
             'tween=linear delay=0 condition=true'
         )
         image_control.setVisible(False)
@@ -486,7 +487,11 @@
         # to be added to the window in size order.
         width = image_control.getWidth()
         zoom = width * 100 / 1280
-        height = int(width / self.image_aspect_ratio)
+        # height = int(width / self.image_aspect_ratio)
+        im = Image.open(image_url)
+        height = im.size[1] * width / im.size[0]
+        self.log('image size original %d' % im.size[0] + '/%d' % im.size[1] + ' new %d' % width + '/%d' % height)
+        del im
         # let images overlap max 1/2w left or right
         center = random.randint(0, 1280)
         x_position = center - width / 2
I commented on github Smile
https://github.com/dersphere/script.scre...w/issues/2
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Does this screensaver work with Gotham betas? I am trying to run it, but all I get is the spinning wheel of death indefinitely and a bunch of writes to the XBMC log that it keeps scanning through the photo directories in the SMB share, but it never actually starts a slideshow. I thought the script was indexing the photos in each folder for the first fun, but it just keeps hitting the same folders over and over again.

My xbmc.log is littered with these entries.

Code:
smb://germunraid/photos/2006-07 Hope Valley/'
11:04:45 T:804319232  NOTICE: Multi Slideshow Screensaver: _get_folder_images ends
11:04:45 T:804319232  NOTICE: Multi Slideshow Screensaver: _get_folder_images started with path: '

*Edit *
Hardware is Apple TV 2 with latest untethered jailbreak and Metropolis Skin
(2014-04-26, 20:09)2TallKnowItAll Wrote: Does this screensaver work with Gotham betas? I am trying to run it, but all I get is the spinning wheel of death indefinitely

Hi

I just installed Gotham V13.0 on my Windows 7 machine. I've installed the screensaver add-on and configured it to display pictures from my file servers Pictures folder share: SMB://Server/Pictures

I have the same issue when I launch the screensaver add-on I just get the spinning wheel. This works OK in Frodo but not in Gotham it seems.

Thanks
After running the Artwork Organiser add-on if I configure the screensaver to display Movie fanart that works OK. So the issue seems to be related to using an SMB:// Network path to my pictures folder on my file server.

I then configured the screen saver to display images from a local pictures folder on the Windows 7 XBMC PC i.e. C:\Users\Stuart\Pictures and that also works OK. So it doesn't like the SMB://Server/Pictures path anymore on Gotham.

Thanks

EDIT:

I just double checked, I currently have Frodo and Gotham running separately on the same Windows 7 test machine. In Frodo the screen saver add-on has no issues when I use an SMB:// path and the screen saver works and displays my photos. However in Gotham with the same configuration in the screen saver settings, it does not work and I just get the spinning wheel. Will try and post up a debug log file.

Thanks
Hi

Looking in the XBMC debug log, there are many lines in the log file like this, where it is scanning my pictures folders

Code:
14:02:59 T:222068  NOTICE: Multi Slideshow Screensaver: _get_folder_images started with path: 'smb://WHS/Pictures/Holidays/Mexico/'

It seems to be taking a very long time for it to scan all the way through the sub-folders and all the time the spinning wheel can be seen in XBMC.

I suspect if I leave it long enough it may start the screen saver with my photos? The wheel has been spinning round for over 30 minutes now and its still scanning my photo folders in the log file.

Will see what happens I'll leave it running longer?

Thanks

EDIT: Well after about 50 minutes the spinning wheel has disappeared and I am just left sat at the XBMC home menu. So don't think it ever started the slideshow.
Hi,

I just tried this screensaver with gotham and would like to use the appleTV option with album thumbnails... but the album covers get cropped to a photo like aspect ratio, instead showing square covers!
Is it possible to fix this please?

another detail: the photos should have a alpha gradient frame, that appears to be a shadow on underlying picture.

PS: how hard would it be to code this whirl effect of the appleTV original screensaver? see: http://youtu.be/_o7ikkq2Mug?t=43s

another idea for a option would be a bending and flowing "stream" of pictures (square album covers or photos) like in the appleTV intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKG4rgqPJWM
great add-on! Is there any chance we could have the option of including the date on the bottom of each picture as the normal slideshow allows?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver2