The Android Apps menu causes XBMC to crash on some skins
(2014-07-24, 23:45)heyredy141 Wrote: Thanks tinwarble. This is amber specific issue and not due to favoriting and uninstalling any apps. So your suggestion might be helpful. I will try it later tonight. I saw customaddons.XML in the source that had reference to programs. Is that the XML I need to change.

I'm not really sure were to edit it in Amber, in Aeon Nox you can make the modifications directly from the skin settings.

I do know that those are the correct call-ups, and are what I use so I know they work. However, you may want to ask the creator of Amber were the modifications need to be done.

If it doesn't work, then the problem may be due to something else.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-07-25, 00:01)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-07-24, 15:31)Koying Wrote: Only in Amber? It doesn't crash in Confluence?
Is it when actually clicking to enter the "Android apps" folder, or even when just highlighting it?

[EDIT] Probably solved by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5095
Will be in SPMC soon.
Don't ask me an ETA for XBMC itself.

I doubt it fixes it. I have not favourited (following PR titel) xbmc and running master and installing amber it crashes as well entering programs. This is using my nexus7 old model

Well, root cause of the crash solved by the patch is trying to get the icon of a non-existing app, and Confluence has a specific icon for the Android apps folder, apparently. Might be a coincidence, but...

Sure thing, it doesn't crash for me with the patch.
Martijn confirmed the crash is solved by the am PR.
Thanks to him for testing.
(2014-07-26, 14:00)Koying Wrote: Martijn confirmed the crash is solved by the am PR.
Thanks to him for testing.

Wow. Has the Amber crashing on programs been fixed? If so what do I need to do to get this fix?
I can confirm that this has been fixed with 13.2. Thanks to whoever got this fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Android Apps menu causes XBMC to crash on some skins1