• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Mediacorp TV Singapore Addon
There's a version 1.3.0 update in the kodi.org repo for the Mediacorp addon. http://addons.xbmc.org/show/plugin.video.mediacorp/
I rewrote a fair bit of the addon - the original was one of the first I wrote and wasn't great. This version fixes Channel 8 videos which didn't play by adding a proxy setting in addon settings. You need to provide a proxy, the one that is in the default setting works sometimes but isn't great. The broadcove support is much simplified and faster in this update.
Hi, is it just me or your add on is giving an error when i go into all the channels.

is there anything i can do to fix it.

thanks, i love your add on.
(2015-04-08, 11:53)berbu Wrote: Hi, is it just me or your add on is giving an error when i go into all the channels.

is there anything i can do to fix it.

thanks, i love your add on.

The original xin.msn.com website has been shutdown and the content has been moved to toggle.sg with a different interface.
I've been looking at the new site and will rewrite the addon when I understand how everything works. There seem to be fair number of changes taking place as the new website settles down, so I'm going to wait for awhile until the new site is stable.
Greatly appreciate if you can make this addon working again. TIA!
(2015-05-03, 02:14)cjctan Wrote: Greatly appreciate if you can make this addon working again. TIA!

I am still waiting for the website to settle down. The addon will have quite a bit less content than it previously had.
All non-local videos have DRM which particularly limits Chinese videos. There are changes still being made, I will work on this when it stops changing.
(2015-05-03, 12:21)learningit Wrote: I am still waiting for the website to settle down. The addon will have quite a bit less content than it previously had.
All non-local videos have DRM which particularly limits Chinese videos. There are changes still being made, I will work on this when it stops changing.

I find the toggle website not so friendly as compared to xinmsn, therefore I understand the complexity of making this addon workable.
I have a really rough new version of this addon. I would like people to try and see if it works for them.
1) This is organized by language, not channels. I will add in channels once I understand what is local and what is not.
2) Telemovies category doesn't work - actually it does but I think there's only 1 or 2 movies that play, rest have DRM. A "No Playable Videos" message is shown if the video has DRM.
3) Some of the thumbnails don't work or load very slow.
4) The addon tries to play hi-def first and if it can't be accessed, falls back to lo-def. I believe that if you are in Singapore it should all work in hi-def (or the highest def available). Outside of Singapore the addon tries the best it can. If something doesn't play for you please let me know the Language,Show, season(if any) and the episode.
5) The metadata(episode descriptions, etc.) absolutely sucks. Fixing this and still having a reasonable response time outside of Singapore is problematic, I want to focus on getting stuff to play first.
6) You may need to switch to SD to get stuff to play without a timeout or lots of buffering. I get buffering at different times of the day. Sometimes SD buffers more than HD.
7) Remember to change your skin font to Arial if you want the Chinese to display in titles, etc.

V1.4.1 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.mediacorp/
Tried version 1.4.2 ....
Overall I have no problem playing videos from the 4 language groups, either in 720p or SD formats.

Its a pity that I couldn't find a chinese serial, 118, which I can find in toggle.sg website but not in this plugin....

Thanks for your time and efforts in making this works...
(2015-05-08, 14:48)cjctan Wrote: Tried version 1.4.2 ....
Overall I have no problem playing videos from the 4 language groups, either in 720p or SD formats.

Its a pity that I couldn't find a chinese serial, 118, which I can find in toggle.sg website but not in this plugin....
As I stated above, channels will follow once I understand how to separate local/non-local content without tons of processing. That will take a while to get right.
The good news is that I think that series doesn't have DRM.
You can try this url (be sure to copy the full link) in a .strm file to see if it plays:
plugin://plugin.video.mediacorp?url=http...52&mode=GV
Version 1.4.3 adds all channels (8, 5, U, Okto, Suria, Vasantham and CNA) TV Catch-up.
The loading of videos can be VERY SLOW.
If the addon does NOT display "No Playable Video Found", it believes it has found a playable version. It may still fail to play because Kodi times out before loading the video. You can either try again later or increase the curl timeout in the advancedsettings.xml file to allow for a longer timeout. I experience lots of buffering during different times of the day. You can also try setting SD in the addon settings.

The addon from time to time also returns a false "No Playable Video Found" message. It may timeout checking for the availability of a video without DRM. The reality is the video will be unplayable even if it doesn't have DRM because the video is loading so slow that it will buffer every 10 secs or so.

Version 1.4.3 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.mediacorp/
1.4.3 is really excellent with the catch-up tv sections. So far the loading of the videos are less than 5 sec(maybe due to server traffic).
Great work and many thanks!
(2015-05-09, 01:56)cjctan Wrote: 1.4.3 is really excellent with the catch-up tv sections. So far the loading of the videos are less than 5 sec(maybe due to server traffic).
I'm guessing that you are in Singapore with those times. Even running through a VPN to my home network in Singapore I experience pretty nasty delays. It is extremely slow if you are just going through the internet to the US East Coast - almost to the point of unusable. Sometime next week I'll spend some time trying to get the metadata for the videos working.
(2015-05-09, 05:16)learningit Wrote: I'm guessing that you are in Singapore with those times. Even running through a VPN to my home network in Singapore I experience pretty nasty delays. It is extremely slow if you are just going through the internet to the US East Coast - almost to the point of unusable. Sometime next week I'll spend some time trying to get the metadata for the videos working.

Yes, I'm in SG.
The toggle.sg server has limited bandwidth as I have encountered "buffering" issues throughout video clip now.....

You already made drastic progresses to this point, so take your time to fine tune this addon....
Enjoy your weekend!
When i tried to open any channel, kodi says script failed. Am i missing anything?
(2015-05-11, 03:06)izham Wrote: When i tried to open any channel, kodi says script failed. Am i missing anything?

Do you have V1.4.3? It is only available in my git, the url is given a posts back. The version in the kodi.org repo is not working.
If you have 1.4.3 and still experience problems, please post a debug log to xbmclogs.com and the link here.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Mediacorp TV Singapore Addon1