1.0.8 EPG and TV Ideas...
I have mixed feeling about the changes to the Live TV section. So here are some of my suggestions for change...

1. Wen selecting Live TV, get rid of the Radio Channels option at the top, and put back the Recorded TV menu item instead (or swap the two, and have Radio under Smart Shortcuts). Not sure why Radio Channels are under Live TV, but whatever.

2. When trying to Select EPG: Timeline, you have to press 'Up' to actually go to the Timeline, versus all the other Menus where you can press 'Up' or 'Down'. Consistency with button presses is key to WAF. Make them all Up, or all Down, but not both.

3. The Teeny, Tiny check mark for recorded shows needs to go. I do like it on the left side of the channel box (instead of the right where it would be out of sight on longer shows), but this is too small and just doesn't look good with the overall ACE style.

4. In Recorded Shows, when you select a Recording, you should be prompted to 'Watch', 'Delete', or 'Cancel'. This is how Windows Media Center does it, and most Cable and Satellite PVRs work as well.

Thanks for reading and keep up the good work.
Great work MarcosQui! I'm glad this was fixed. It really makes Ace one of, if not, the best xbmc skin out there.

I do agree about the epg issue #2 mentioned by PowerHouse. It took me a few seconds to figure out how to get from the top menu to scrolling through the epg timeline. I'm also used to pressing down at the top menu til you get to the epg.

Looks great!
Adding some more ideas to my above list...

5. For another suggestion, how about adding EPG mods, similar to the various styles of displays (Right View, Cover Flow, etc). Take a look at the EPG listed here (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167891), it's very nice, and similar to how many DVR's do it (Dish, Cox Cable, etc).

6. Also, regarding the EPG Guide, could you change the 'OK', 'Record', 'Switch', to 'Watch', 'Record' and 'Close'. This would make more sense, especially as the Wife has mentioned multiple times that 'OK' doesn't fit with what the button does. If not renaming the buttons, if you could switch the 'OK' button with the 'Switch' button, so the 'Switch' button is the default. This would make more sense, as when you click on an EPG listing, you either want to 'Watch' it, 'Record' it, or you hit the button by mistake and want to 'Close' it.

7. Regarding the 'Record' Button, you need another menu to come up asking to 'Record this show', 'Record this Series', or 'Close'. Since the WMC backend allows Series Recordings, this would be a great feature to have.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1.0.8 EPG and TV Ideas...0