• 1(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
Music 

TvTunes has grown over time and is now more than a simple theme player for TV Shows, some of the features include:
  • Play themes while navigating TV Shows
  • Play themes while navigating Movies
  • Play themes while navigating Music Videos
  • Download themes from a selection of differrent websites
  • Screensaver that plays the themes and shows fanart, cast and thumbnails

It is a feature rich and very configurable addon with numerous settings to allow you to fine-tune it to your own requirements.

More details, and how to use the addon can be viewed on the wiki:

Add-on:TvTunes

Donations
If you have found TvTunes useful and would like to help support future development and bug fixes, then please feel free to make a small donation.
Can I just disable the theme option in DVD extras in order to test this with movies?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-09-13, 17:32)wgstarks Wrote: Can I just disable the theme option in DVD extras in order to test this with movies?

I would be tempted to comment out the onload and onunload that are in the skin file that you would be updating anyway.

Safest way!

Rob
(2013-09-13, 17:35)rob_webset Wrote:
(2013-09-13, 17:32)wgstarks Wrote: Can I just disable the theme option in DVD extras in order to test this with movies?

I would be tempted to comment out the onload and onunload that are in the skin file that you would be updating anyway.

Safest way!

Rob

Ok. I deleted previous versions of tvtunes and dvdextras. I added the comments to dialogvideoinfo.xml for onload and onunload. Installed version 3.1.0 and dvdextras 1.2.4 from the repo. Disabled the theme option for movies in DVDExtras. Now I get themes in the info window for tvshows that tvtunes downloaded the theme for, but no theme for tvshows that already had a theme.mp3 file installed at the root level for that show. Also, no theme for any movies as far as I can tell. Did I miss something on the install?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks for the feedback wgstarks, both capfuturo any yourself reported this problem.

I believe that it is because you are running with "Store tunes in custom path" enabled. The movie themes need to be in the local directory to the movie (as it is not something that TvTunes can fetch for itself).

I believe if you disable "Store tunes in custom path" then you will hear the Movie Theme - however you will obviously lose your TvThemes (as they are stored in the custom location).

I have commited a fix for this, so you should be able to patch this OK.

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/trun...backend.py

Please let me know if this solves it for you

Thanks, Rob

Edit: Just wanted to clarify the version of this one, this change refers to r10, direct link:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/sourc...svn12&r=10
I'll give the patch a try but I'm not using a custom file path. The tv themes are in the root of the tv series and the movie themes are in the root of the movie.
(2013-09-14, 01:25)wgstarks Wrote: I added the comments to dialogvideoinfo.xml for onload and onunload.

There should only be an onLoad, no onunload:

Code:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True&amp;loop=False)</onload>
Added the onload but it didn't make any difference. I'm including the dialogvideoinfo.xml file just on the off chance it might help.
Posted here http://www.texthosting.com/view/57199/

A couple of screen shots of file path-

This theme works with no problems.

This theme does not work.

The movie themes are all like this one. None of them seem to be working.

TVTunes settings

As far as I can tell the themes that were downloaded by TVTunes all work but none of the others that I already had. Haven't had a chance to install the patch yet. I'll try and install it tonight.
Hi wgstarks, Glad to hear at least it doesn't break things that already works - so on your setup it adds audio themes for the TV Information, just not the movie information.

I wonder if it has something to do with the XBMC theme that is being used - I tested mine on a vanilla confluence theme - any chance you would be willing to quickly flip it to the confluence theme and see if it works under that?

Thanks, Rob
@wgstark & rob_webset: my setup includes Aeon Nox 4.0.9 and plays all theme.mp3 (TV Shows only), previously downloaded by TVTunes prior to the installation of TVTunes 3.1.0 or manually placed in the folder of the show at any point, being this even when you change a theme on the wing. I noticed a difference between your DialogVideoInfo.xml and mine. I have the onload call right after <window>.Might work if you try changing it. Remember also to re-start XBMC and re-launch TVTunes, just to make sure.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
hi wgstark & capfuturo

It looks like you are both using the custom skin "skin.aeon.nox" - I have downloaded this and had a look. I think the problem is that you are not using the default confluence skin, and therefor the way in which "skin.aeon.nox" works is not the same - so your onload commands need to be compatible with that skin - I guess this will be the same for each other skin that does not implement all of confluence. In this case you will need:

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True&amp;loop=False)</onload>

This is due to "skin.aeon.nox" not having the ActivateTvTunes value in it's settings - so you are checking for something that does not exist.

Please let me know if this solves your problems

Thanks, Rob
I've only had a short time to test this due to other PC issues but so far I've noticed that TV themes seem to play fine, movie themes play only after watching an extra. Not meaning to mix threads, but the extras menu opens as soon as I enter the movie info page. Never seen this behaviour before.

I'll try adding the onload code and see if it makes a difference.

As far as feature requests, the original DVDextras add-on had an option to have more than one theme per movie and the option to play a theme from a random or predetermined point. I'd love to see this feature in tvtunes, makes a big difference. Big Grin
(2013-09-14, 20:02)Deano316 Wrote: As far as feature requests, the original DVDextras add-on had an option to have more than one theme per movie and the option to play a theme from a random or predetermined point. I'd love to see this feature in tvtunes, makes a big difference. Big Grin
I agree. Especially the random start point. Once the bugs are out.
(2013-09-14, 20:02)Deano316 Wrote: I've only had a short time to test this due to other PC issues but so far I've noticed that TV themes seem to play fine, movie themes play only after watching an extra. Not meaning to mix threads, but the extras menu opens as soon as I enter the movie info page. Never seen this behaviour before.

Hi Deano316,

I had that same behaviour but it got ironed out once I installed the new DVDExtras 1.2.3 with the modified onload/unonload calls Rob e-mailed to us to be placed after <window> in your DialogVideoInfo.xml

However, if you installed the new DVDExtras 1.2.4 via Rob's repo, then you need only one onload call (not unload) and to deactivate theme playback from DVDExtras, so TVTune can take care of it.

Do you have this issue of the 'Extras' list with DVDExtras v.1.2.4?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-09-14, 19:58)rob_webset Wrote: hi wgstark & capfuturo

It looks like you are both using the custom skin "skin.aeon.nox" - I have downloaded this and had a look. I think the problem is that you are not using the default confluence skin, and therefor the way in which "skin.aeon.nox" works is not the same - so your onload commands need to be compatible with that skin - I guess this will be the same for each other skin that does not implement all of confluence. In this case you will need:

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True&amp;loop=False)</onload>

This is due to "skin.aeon.nox" not having the ActivateTvTunes value in it's settings - so you are checking for something that does not exist.

Please let me know if this solves your problems

Thanks, Rob

I commented out the previous onload and added this one. Definatly an improvement. Themes now work with movies. Still can't get pre-existing themes to work with tvshows (Planet Earth in post 1233). I'm sure I could delete the theme and let tvtunes re-download and install it, no big deal since it's the only one that's pre-existing. I wonder about other people having the same issue though.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2