• 52(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2015-01-05, 02:43)poisons Wrote: Same exception as mikesilvo164,
ImportError: No module named settings

This should be fixed with 1.2.1 - there was an error in publishing that Martijn resolved very quickly, so for a very short time there was 1.2.0 that was an incomplete zip file.

Rob
OK, thank you. The regular installer still goes to 1.2.0, but the link you provided yesterday has the 1.2.1 zip file which installed just fine.

The default overlay doesn't look too good on my system, kind of grainy and covers up the New or Watched banners. So I added the overlay.png that someone posted on here a while ago, the red triangle that sits nicely above the banners.

The weird thing is, the movie covers that I viewed before customizing the overlay are stuck with the default overlay, while the ones I had not originally scrolled to have the custom overlay. Restarting Kodi does not fix this.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
First of all -- I want to say that I LOVE this addon! In fact, it's one thing that brought me back to XBMC from MediaBrowser earlier this year, because I hated MB's way of handling extras. I've had no problems with it working in Kodi/Helix with the Aeon Nox 5 and Mimic skins.

However: A couple of relatively small things I've noticed recently:

1. If you go directly to the addon through Videos or a special link, it shows Movies, TV Shows, and Music Videos. As it happens, I don't have any Music Videos, so if clicked it just shows an empty list (..). It would be nice if an empty category did not show in the list.

2. Lists do not follow Kodi's sorting preferences, titles with "The" at the beginning go in the T's instead of whatever comes next.

I still LOVE the Addon, these things can be lived with... but if corrected would make it even more perfect.
(2015-01-05, 19:52)Glorious1 Wrote: The weird thing is, the movie covers that I viewed before customizing the overlay are stuck with the default overlay, while the ones I had not originally scrolled to have the custom overlay. Restarting Kodi does not fix this.

Restarting Kodi doesn't just fix that. For the right way to do it see post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1834430
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Thanks, but no, doesn't work. I tried deleting those add-on data folders, also cleaned the database and cache and then restarted kodi. Still showing the default overlay on those that I looked at before choosing the custom overlay.
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2015-01-05, 21:32)pagali Wrote: 1. If you go directly to the addon through Videos or a special link, it shows Movies, TV Shows, and Music Videos. As it happens, I don't have any Music Videos, so if clicked it just shows an empty list (..). It would be nice if an empty category did not show in the list.

I'm not sure that is possible, because in certain configurations, it will only scan to find out if there are any Music Videos with extras once navigated into that area, so it needs to be there to support "On demand" scanning.

(2015-01-05, 21:32)pagali Wrote: 2. Lists do not follow Kodi's sorting preferences, titles with "The" at the beginning go in the T's instead of whatever comes next.

The issue with this is that in the main Kodi settings, Appearence -> File Lists there is a setting that toggles this: "Ignore articles when sorting" - in an ideal world VideoExtras would read this and then match the listing rules - however there is no way for an addon to read most of the global Kodi settings (I've tried it before with screensaver timeouts).

There is a way, but it requires one of 2 things:
1) Name your extras with the "the" at the the end i.e. Rock, The
2) Use the NFO to add a different "sorttitle" that excludes the "the":
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras#NFO_Files

Hope this helps

Rob
(2015-01-06, 03:40)Glorious1 Wrote: Thanks, but no, doesn't work. I tried deleting those add-on data folders, also cleaned the database and cache and then restarted kodi. Still showing the default overlay on those that I looked at before choosing the custom overlay.

Turn off "Allow caching of extras on startup"

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras#Advanced

Restart Kodi.

Wait about 30 seconds.

Turn on "Allow caching of extras on startup".

Restart Kodi.

Wait about 3 minutes or more

Rob
(2015-01-06, 09:48)rob_webset Wrote: Turn off "Allow caching of extras on startup"

Restart Kodi.

Wait about 30 seconds.

Restart Kodi.

Rob

I've tried it three times, following the instructions carefully and waiting longer than you said. No joy.

(2015-01-06, 18:54)Glorious1 Wrote:
(2015-01-06, 09:48)rob_webset Wrote: Turn off "Allow caching of extras on startup"

Restart Kodi.

Wait about 30 seconds.

Restart Kodi.

Rob

I've tried it three times, following the instructions carefully and waiting longer than you said. No joy.
Did you update VideoExtras to the latest fixed version after you had replaced the overlays with the ones you wanted? If so, you may need to replace the overlay images again. Please let us know if this is the case, otherwise it would be necessary to look into some other reasons.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
capfuturo, I updated VideoExtras to the latest version, 1.2.1, before I started any of this. I added the custom overlay image to the folder that has the default images:
. . . Kodi ▸ addons ▸ script.videoextras ▸ resources ▸ skins ▸ icons

Then I was able to select it in the VideoExtras settings as a custom image in the Video Extras advanced settings.

As mentioned, the movies I scrolled to before setting the custom image still show the default overlay, while the ones I didn't scroll to before the custom image was selected show the custom overlay. Nothing I do seems to update the ones with the default overlay. I guess if I reimport the whole library that might do it.
(2015-01-06, 19:12)Glorious1 Wrote: capfuturo, I updated VideoExtras to the latest version, 1.2.1, before I started any of this. I added the custom overlay image to the folder that has the default images:
. . . Kodi ▸ addons ▸ script.videoextras ▸ resources ▸ skins ▸ icons

Then I was able to select it in the VideoExtras settings as a custom image in the Video Extras advanced settings.

As mentioned, the movies I scrolled to before setting the custom image still show the default overlay, while the ones I didn't scroll to before the custom image was selected show the custom overlay. Nothing I do seems to update the ones with the default overlay. I guess if I reimport the whole library that might do it.

Sounds like something inside Kodi may be caching the images (Not the VideoExtras addon) - I guess you didn't "replace" and existing icon file? (That would not be supported as you are changing files in the addon).

When you added your image, I would suggest NOT adding it to a folder inside the addon directory - otherwise it will be blatted when the addon updates.

Rob

Edit: From the screenshot - I guess you are not using Confluence?
Well apparently following your instructions (several times) worked, but it took a while before the effect kicked in. All movies have the new overlay now.

That's a good tip about not putting the custom image in the script folder.

I'm using Aeon Nox Gotham, which seems to work fine in Helix.

You wouldn't consider adding this image to the supplied default overlay options, would you?
Thanks for the great script and the excellent help.
(2015-01-06, 19:46)Glorious1 Wrote: Well apparently following your instructions (several times) worked, but it took a while before the effect kicked in. All movies have the new overlay now.

That's a good tip about not putting the custom image in the script folder.

I'm using Aeon Nox Gotham, which seems to work fine in Helix.

You wouldn't consider adding this image to the supplied default overlay options, would you?
Thanks for the great script and the excellent help.

Glad you got it working.

Afraid I can't add that image to the standard list - the standard list is designed to go in confluence, which put the icon on the bottom left of the image - so it would make no sense having this one that fits on the top right,

Rob
(2015-01-06, 09:10)rob_webset Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 21:32)pagali Wrote: 2. Lists do not follow Kodi's sorting preferences, titles with "The" at the beginning go in the T's instead of whatever comes next.

The issue with this is that in the main Kodi settings, Appearence -> File Lists there is a setting that toggles this: "Ignore articles when sorting" - in an ideal world VideoExtras would read this and then match the listing rules - however there is no way for an addon to read most of the global Kodi settings (I've tried it before with screensaver timeouts).

There is a way, but it requires one of 2 things:
1) Name your extras with the "the" at the the end i.e. Rock, The
2) Use the NFO to add a different "sorttitle" that excludes the "the":
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras#NFO_Files

Hope this helps

Rob

Thanks, Rob -- I already do that automatically with my actual extras files. I was referring to the list of movies or TV shows that you see when you go directly to the Addon. Guess I'll have to edit the NFO files. Big Grin
Hi All,

With nearly 800 posts on this thread, I think it's time for a new thread.

I have added all the items that I believe are "known Issues" detailed in this thread to the wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras#Known_Issues

So I don't think there is any valuable information left in this thread for people to waste time going through all 778 post to check! The wiki should be upto date, and I believe all the outstanding questions on this thread have been answered.

The new thread is: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214289

THREAD CLOSED

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY MORE ENTRIES TO THIS THREAD
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2