• 24(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
Hi Rob,

I understand judocama's query and actually it makes a lot of sense. One of the reason why it would be wise to have the directory named with the standard <movie> (year) is because there could be several movie remakes with same name but different year in the same library. I'm not talking about re-issues or different studio releases of the same movie, information issually apended to the movie name and not the (year).

EDIT: actually I just realised item 5.3 of the wiki doesn't specify what naming convention and folder structure will be followed by TvTunes if 'Store tunes in a custom path' is chosen by the user. I had thought all this time that TvTunes would use the same structure of the Video collection, meaning same name of the movie/tv show folder or <movie> (year), something I hadn't empirically checked because I am not currently using custom path Confused
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-12-31, 23:27)capfuturo Wrote: @aky75: I sincerely hope you leave your XML issues behind in 2013 and embrace a glorious 2014 enjoying TvTunes. You still have time:

This is your new DialogVideoInfo.xml (right-click and save)

Have a great 2014!

Thanks for this new info. But with this xml I cannot see movies info when click right button. Its needed if I want to see whole info(actors,director....), or change music theme.... I can see that this code is different in my previous Dialogvideoinfo.xml:

<visible>Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes) + IsEmpty(Window(movieinformation).Property("TvTunes_HideVideoInfoButton")) + [Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Movies)]</visible>

I have deleted red colored text and can see again video info, but Tvtunes still not works well, like in previous days...

Thanks,

Aky
@aky75: My fault! I corrected your <visible> and forgot to correct your <onclick> too, since both were wrong. On top of that the whole file saved to my dropbox in a non xml format, which you probably noticed when clicking the link. I have updated the link to the file so please download the new DialogVideoInfo.xml and replace your current one with it. Please let me know how it goes. My apologies again Big Grin

obs: you also had a gapping diff in your <onload> command, however all should be fixed now in the new xml.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Should I expect this behavior?

When a TV Series has multiple seasons, the theme plays when browsing seasons and episodes. When a TV series has only one season, the theme does not play when browsing episodes (no season browsing occurs). Shouldn't the theme be playing when browsing episodes?

The theme plays fine if I bring up the series info screen.

I am using Hybrid skin with Frodo 12.2.

EDIT: New Info. So it turns out that the distinction on when the theme plays or not while browsing episodes is the directory structure under the series. If each episode has its own directory (i.e. /Series/Season 1/S01E01/S01E01.mkv) the scripts looks in /Season 1/ for the theme.mp3 instead of /Series/ can't find it, so it doesn't play. If there are not directories per episode, and all the mkvs are in /Season 1/*.mkv, everything works great. How might I fix this in the code? I could fix the directory structure, but I get the per episode directories when I download...The tvtunes script should be able to handle it with per episode directories, right?

Another interesting caveat: When I come to the episode screen, the ".." up one level is highlighted and the theme doesn't play. The theme only starts to play when I move the selection to an episode? Shouldn't it start on the screen load and not the selection of an episode?

- Doug
(2014-01-03, 08:02)DougShuffield Wrote: Should I expect this behavior?

When a TV Series has multiple seasons, the theme plays when browsing seasons and episodes. When a TV series has only one season, the theme does not play when browsing episodes (no season browsing occurs). Shouldn't the theme be playing when browsing episodes?

The theme plays fine if I bring up the series info screen.

I am using Hybrid skin with Frodo 12.2.

EDIT: New Info. So it turns out that the distinction on when the theme plays or not while browsing episodes is the directory structure under the series. If each episode has its own directory (i.e. /Series/Season 1/S01E01/S01E01.mkv) the scripts looks in /Season 1/ for the theme.mp3 instead of /Series/ can't find it, so it doesn't play. If there are not directories per episode, and all the mkvs are in /Season 1/*.mkv, everything works great. How might I fix this in the code? I could fix the directory structure, but I get the per episode directories when I download...The tvtunes script should be able to handle it with per episode directories, right?

TvTunes will play a theme in the "Current directory" (i.e. the directory the selected file is in) and if it does not find a theme there - it will look ONE directory above that location - and if there is a theme there - it will play that. This is by design - it can't just keep looking higher and higher up the directory structure until it finds something.

(2014-01-03, 08:02)DougShuffield Wrote: Another interesting caveat: When I come to the episode screen, the ".." up one level is highlighted and the theme doesn't play. The theme only starts to play when I move the selection to an episode? Shouldn't it start on the screen load and not the selection of an episode?

If a theme is already playing and then you go into a sub-directory and "..." is selected, then it will continue to play that theme it was already playing. However if you go into a directory and select the "..." when nothing is playing, then nothing will start until a "file" which has an appropriate theme available is selected.

Hope this helps clarify things

Rob
(2014-01-02, 14:22)capfuturo Wrote: Hi Rob,

I understand judocama's query and actually it makes a lot of sense. One of the reason why it would be wise to have the directory named with the standard <movie> (year) is because there could be several movie remakes with same name but different year in the same library. I'm not talking about re-issues or different studio releases of the same movie, information issually apended to the movie name and not the (year).

EDIT: actually I just realised item 5.3 of the wiki doesn't specify what naming convention and folder structure will be followed by TvTunes if 'Store tunes in a custom path' is chosen by the user. I had thought all this time that TvTunes would use the same structure of the Video collection, meaning same name of the movie/tv show folder or <movie> (year), something I hadn't empirically checked because I am not currently using custom path Confused

The problem with changing it now (This naming approach was already in place before I got involved in TvTunes) is that it will mean that anyone using the custom path method - will no longer have working themes - I don't want to have yet another configuration option for a naming format in the settings - so it would break existing users.

Rob
It surely would; I also think having the naming as a configurable setting doesn't really help making things simpler at all. I believe all this design was done at a point in which the only thing considered was a TvTunes dealing only with TV shows which folder names, most of the time, must match the name as they appear on thetvdb.com. Movie folders however obbey to a variety of naming conventions and don't have to exactly match particular online databases.

As I said, I don't currently use the path feature, although I might in the future; what actually happens at folder level when TvTunes is faced with the scenario in which several movies with same name but different years are present? Such as several batmans, draculas, frankensteins, etc. or the case of the many operas, ballets, etc. which only differ in the year they were shot. What would be a sensible approach to this in your opinion?
Best,

capfuturo

(2014-01-03, 04:42)capfuturo Wrote: @aky75: My fault! I corrected your <visible> and forgot to correct your <onclick> too, since both were wrong. On top of that the whole file saved to my dropbox in a non xml format, which you probably noticed when clicking the link. I have updated the link to the file so please download the new DialogVideoInfo.xml and replace your current one with it. Please let me know how it goes. My apologies again Big Grin

obs: you also had a gapping diff in your <onload> command, however all should be fixed now in the new xml.

So much Thanks for this update.
I have tried it and now can see perfectly all info of movies and tvseries, but the main problem persist: theme.mp3 is located on main directory.

Thanks again. Here is my new log so it can help you:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=105219

Aky
@aky75: Glad you got Info pane back. Now, regarding your theme.mp3 being located in the root directory:

If you have used the last DialogVideoInfo.xml I provided (which contains the modifications exactly as appeared in TvTunes wiki) without any further changes on your side, have not reinstalled XBMC 12.3, installed other skins or done anything that could have altered the DialogVideoInfo.xml mods required by TvTunes, then I have no indication that the issue you are experiencing is on TvTunes side since the ability to download and save themes within the right tv show/movie folder is currently supported and working perfectly in other systems. However, looking at your last log I can make some observations that may help you in a further assessment of what could be going wrong on your side:

1) I can see on line 1089 of your log that there is a theme already available, located in your local tv shows root folder, F:\DIBUJOS\theme.mp3, prior to any attempt to download a theme. This means that if you want to check whether TvTunes is erroneously saving the theme.mp3 in the root folder, then you have to make sure no previous theme.mp3 is there in first place. Otherwise the issue could be perfectly attributed to an impossibility for TvTunes to save the theme.mp3 in the correct tv show/movie folder due to item 2) and you missing it because you believe it was saved into the root folder.

2) There seems to be a problem related maybe to system permissions or the read-only file attributes showing up in line 1822. This could be, though not necessarily, the main issue causing the theme not to save in the right place. Beware that access rights and read-only file attributes aren't the same thing. I am not saying this is the issue but it is something that needs to be looked into.

If Rob is around and sees this, perhaps he would be able to confirm/complement similar findings or give you a better reading than mine based on your feedback.
Best,

capfuturo

@capfuturo, Thanks for all the work you're doing on helping me. One thing about the two points that have wrote above:

Regarding about file/directory write-permissions: Why Tvtunes could'nt write theme.mp3 right now and in the past it could? (on version 3.0.6 I had not this problem)

Thanks again,

Aky
(2014-01-03, 13:36)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 14:22)capfuturo Wrote: Hi Rob,

The problem with changing it now (This naming approach was already in place before I got involved in TvTunes) is that it will mean that anyone using the custom path method - will no longer have working themes - I don't want to have yet another configuration option for a naming format in the settings - so it would break existing users.

Rob

I think the correct naming was

movietittle (year)

So it would be easier to create a single directory with the same name films because the problem comes when you have two movies with the same name, also the year the difference.

A greeting.
(2014-01-04, 14:18)judocama Wrote: I think the correct naming was

movietittle (year)

So it would be easier to create a single directory with the same name films because the problem comes when you have two movies with the same name, also the year the difference.

A greeting.

As I highlighted before - I think this ship has sailed - I think this current format has been in use for over a year - so changing it will break peoples setups.

Rob
(2014-01-04, 03:07)aky75 Wrote: @capfuturo, Thanks for all the work you're doing on helping me. One thing about the two points that have wrote above:

Regarding about file/directory write-permissions: Why Tvtunes could'nt write theme.mp3 right now and in the past it could? (on version 3.0.6 I had not this problem)

Thanks again,

Aky

Good evening aky75,

Your are welcome. Whilst relying only on your feedback, without having your system in front of me, it is very hard to tell why that is happening. If facts suggest that the feedback you are giving could be inadvertently inaccurate or incomplete, then trying to answer questions based on such feedback becomes futile. Just to illustrate this: you said in post #330 that your xml files were finally exactly as the TvTunes wiki requires them to be, but they actually weren't. Then the same happened once again in your post #335. This type of dynamic is not clear and makes it difficult for anyone to work with, do you see my point? As I said in my last message to you, you are welcomed to set up a TeamViewer session and see if I can find anything in your system that may be causing your issue. If you like to do that just pm me. Apart from this, since currently there is no other useful information, such as looking into the file writing attributes on your side and check they are OK or perhaps providing a log showing the old TvTunes saving the theme.mp3 in the right folder (using a local source), I see there is nothing to work on towards a solution at the moment.

EDIT: the onload instruction on your MyVideoNav.xml was also wrong. Here is the link to a correct one for XBMC 12.x
Best,

capfuturo

(2014-01-04, 18:01)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 14:18)judocama Wrote: I think the correct naming was

movietittle (year)

A greeting.

As I highlighted before - I think this ship has sailed - I think this current format has been in use for over a year - so changing it will break peoples setups.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I understand, but also you must to think in duplicate films, whith the year don´t have problems.

Thanks a lot.
Hi All,

So, it's taken me a while, but I have eventually got it working (I think!)

People have been asking for more sources than just televisiontunes.com - so as requested earlier in the thread I have now added goear.com to the supported scraper list.

NOTE: This is still beta - I hope there are not too many bugs, and no show-stoppers. I have had to do a LOT of changes to the scraper to get this support in - so there is a small chance I have broken the existing televisiontunes.com behaviour.

If you wanted to try the beta of this, then it can be downloaded in zip form from:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/rele...-4.2.2.zip

(I have not added it to the robwebset repo).

You will need to enable it in the settings.

There are a couple of known issues/features still not there for goear:

1) HTML Characters not converted in display list
2) Restrict max number of entries returned (There can be a lot and it can take a while)

But I wanted to get what I had so-far out there.

Please let me know how you get on.

Rob

P.S. Special thanks go to capfuturo - very useful info Cool

Update:
HTML Characters in lists fixed:
http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/trun...scraper.py
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2