• 36(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
(2014-04-03, 22:25)aNILEator Wrote: Goear is always in spanish for me Undecided

Still I just created an account and upload jim hensons and from dusk till dawn theme's guess we'll see if they populate searches soon

Hi ANILEator,
Even when goear.com is reported as broken at the moment (who knows, maybe something brings it back to TvTunes one day) I thought sensible to let you know goear.com is now in English (http://en.goear.com/) . The language selection is at the bottom right corner and it works now.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-04-30, 02:38)capfuturo Wrote: PS: whilst its fully operational in Frodo, this new plugin method is not yet supported for/by Gotham

The Gotham bug will be fixed by the Gotham dev team under:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192880

Rob
(2014-04-30, 02:38)capfuturo Wrote: @Samu-rai: good to see you here; I hope things are going 'tickety-boo' with MQ5! With regards to your enquiry please read Rob's post #481.

PS: whilst its fully operational in Frodo, this new plugin method is not yet supported for/by Gotham

Hi capfuturo

Thanks for the prompt reply.

All is well over at MQ5. Looking forward to Marcos returning to work shortly.

Just to clarify then, the 'auto' download route is now only avaliable through the the addon settings.

I'll have a mother play around when I get home tonight, but when I chose the addon from the program's menu last night, it did this strange thing where by it started scrolling through menus to get to the new video plugin.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-04-30, 11:45)Samu-rai Wrote: I'll have a mother play around when I get home tonight, but when I chose the addon from the program's menu last night, it did this strange thing where by it started scrolling through menus to get to the new video plugin.

Yes, it's a bit of a hack I had to put in because I'm unable to use XBMC methods to load the correct addon, so instead I simulate the navigation to load it! (Hopefully it works OK - but don't know if some skins will have an issue with it!)

Rob
That’s fair enough then.

It did what you intended in MQ5, just looked a bit strange Smile

Would it at all be possible to add an auto mode for skinners to use?

For example:

<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,mode=auto)</onclick>

(2014-04-28, 22:43)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 21:04)DanCooper Wrote: I could solve the problem with goear. With Ember downloads will continue to be possible.

Please can you share what you did in order to get it working?

Yes, of course.

I use the class "WebClient" with WebClient.OpenRead Method (Uri) in VB and call the original link (e.g. http://www.goear.com/listen/2b6ac87/avatar-avatar) before every download. Thus, the IP address will be logged into the server as if one is looking through the website. In a time window of about 5min downloads are now available via the link "http://www.goear.com/action/sound/get/2b6ac87".

I do not know if you have similar ways in Python.
(2014-04-30, 12:07)Samu-rai Wrote: Would it at all be possible to add an auto mode for skinners to use?

For example:

<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,mode=auto)</onclick>

Um, possible - what do you want the "auto" mode to do?

Rob
Hi rob,

got a question concerning the setting "Use Protected SMB Share" and "Store tunes in a custom path".
Are this setting connected? And if yes, than how?
Can I define a SMB Share as a custom path for the tunes? I know i can do it by setting this directly in the settings XML file, but is it possible through the addon settings menu?

greets
(2014-04-30, 12:42)rob_webset Wrote: Um, possible - what do you want the "auto" mode to do?

Rob

Just to run through the library and download missing tunes.

(2014-04-30, 12:21)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 22:43)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 21:04)DanCooper Wrote: I could solve the problem with goear. With Ember downloads will continue to be possible.

Please can you share what you did in order to get it working?

Yes, of course.

I use the class "WebClient" with WebClient.OpenRead Method (Uri) in VB and call the original link (e.g. http://www.goear.com/listen/2b6ac87/avatar-avatar) before every download. Thus, the IP address will be logged into the server as if one is looking through the website. In a time window of about 5min downloads are now available via the link "http://www.goear.com/action/sound/get/2b6ac87".

I do not know if you have similar ways in Python.

Thanks DanCooper! A similar change in TvTunes worked a treat!

We now have Goear.com support again in TvTunes:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=355

Rob

(2014-04-30, 12:57)paradix Wrote: got a question concerning the setting "Use Protected SMB Share" and "Store tunes in a custom path".
Are this setting connected? And if yes, than how?
Can I define a SMB Share as a custom path for the tunes? I know i can do it by setting this directly in the settings XML file, but is it possible through the addon settings menu?

I don't use smb for anything, but it should work if you input the smb location in the custom path (You may need to first do an "Add Source" from the XBMC File Manager to get the path onto the system) - but as I said - it's not something I use, so not something I can comment on a great deal.

Rob
(2014-04-30, 13:33)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 12:42)rob_webset Wrote: Um, possible - what do you want the "auto" mode to do?

Rob

I think this was quite troublesome in the past - just prompting the user theme after theme (with very little context) asking them to select things.

This is why we went for the new approach of allowing users to browse their themes and easily view which ones do not have themes and then select them to download. That way the user knows exactly what they are downloading the theme for.

i.e. search for theme for "Blake's 7" using televisiontunes.com, none found, select soundcloud as the engine, theme found and saved.

Now move onto the next theme - where do you start the search - televisiontunes.com or soundcloud? - you last selected soundcloud, but do you want to revert the the previous scanner (you may had tried all 4 on the last one).

It all starts to get very messy. (But will continue to give it some thought - just wondering if it is something that will really be done much - I generally prefer to do things in little chunks - so wouldn't want to do an entire library in one go!)

Rob
Rainbow 
(2014-04-30, 14:06)rob_webset Wrote: Thanks DanCooper! A similar change in TvTunes worked a treat!

We now have Goear.com support again in TvTunes:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=355

Rob
¡¡¡¡¡¡Viva Goear, muchísimas gracias a DanCooper y Rob!!!!!! Laugh
Soundcloud and Grooveshark are also working well. I just think it is so good you guys brought back goear because of the millions of tracks available and the HD quality! Anyway, they all complement each other actually, since what you don't find in one you find in the other or you find it in all of them but with variations. I like to search each one of them before deciding which theme to fetch.

(2014-04-13, 22:34)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 21:30)wsnipex Wrote: audio dsp support via binary addons is in the works(as well as other binary addon types, some of which are already possible)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4402

edit: I'll ask our audio devs to take a look if this could also be done using AE internally. I guess it would mean exposing the internal replay gain setting of ffmpeg to python and/or json.

Thanks for the information - it appears that the requested support may be possible in the future then!!

Thanks

Rob
Looking forward to this Rob. You are awesome. Thanks!
(2014-04-30, 14:17)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 13:33)Samu-rai Wrote:

Rob

I think this was quite troublesome in the past - just prompting the user theme after theme (with very little context) asking them to select things.

This is why we went for the new approach of allowing users to browse their themes and easily view which ones do not have themes and then select them to download. That way the user knows exactly what they are downloading the theme for.

i.e. search for theme for "Blake's 7" using televisiontunes.com, none found, select soundcloud as the engine, theme found and saved.

Now move onto the next theme - where do you start the search - televisiontunes.com or soundcloud? - you last selected soundcloud, but do you want to revert the the previous scanner (you may had tried all 4 on the last one).

It all starts to get very messy. (But will continue to give it some thought - just wondering if it is something that will really be done much - I generally prefer to do things in little chunks - so wouldn't want to do an entire library in one go!)

Rob

I get what you mean.

It would be nice to have as an 'advanced' feature it it's not to much work though.

(2014-05-01, 00:52)Samu-rai Wrote: It would be nice to have as an 'advanced' feature it it's not to much work though.

OK, I have now added an "Action" option to the Theme Browser (i.e. the plugin bit) where you can get it to try and download all the missing themes for you.

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=358

Please let me know how you get on.

Rob
Great. Thank you.

Is this to be pushed out in a new release?

Is it possible to call the function through a button outside of the addon it's self?

• 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2