• 47(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
(2014-08-17, 06:32)mother Wrote:
(2014-08-17, 04:57)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-08-17, 03:37)mother Wrote: What does this script actually do?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:TvTunes
What are the advantages to using yours?

There's nothing here that's mine, and I'm not aware of any other addon that is in any way similar to tvtunes so I can't really make any sort of comparison. I think it's just a personal choice. If you like having the theme playing while you're browsing videos then you should use it.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-08-17, 14:02)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-08-17, 06:32)mother Wrote:
(2014-08-17, 04:57)wgstarks Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:TvTunes
What are the advantages to using yours?

There's nothing here that's mine, and I'm not aware of any other addon that is in any way similar to tvtunes so I can't really make any sort of comparison. I think it's just a personal choice. If you like having the theme playing while you're browsing videos then you should use it.
I do not have a "script module request" script.module.universal is the closest I come to it? It is being used for TvTunes right?
(2014-08-18, 01:25)mother Wrote:
(2014-08-17, 14:02)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-08-17, 06:32)mother Wrote: What are the advantages to using yours?

I do not have a "script module request" script.module.universal is the closest I come to it? It is being used for TvTunes right?

mother, if you are referring to the post by takoi:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1772960

You do not need to worry, this is just an internal change to the requests package that is trying to be pushed to the official repo - the thread post was a request for one of the experienced users on the forum to quickly check that it doesn't break anything with TvTunes

Rob
OK thx It just was bothering me that I did not have that script module on my system to try, however my tunes still is broken it now plays the themes when they are stored on my MX2 Midnight box and the movies are on the server and TVTunes is not supposed to do that and also stops playing music when a movie does not have a tune associated with it. I will have to post a log soon.
Hello folks, I have for a week a Minix NEO X8-H Box (Android) and I get TV-Tunes not to run. I get no sound when I want to listen to the different songs and when I download the theme.mp3 file, it does not end up in the movie folder. I have really tried all the settings without success.

Can someone help me?

I apologize for my english, I'm German Blush
Hello liandenis,

Welcome to TvTunes's forum. First fellow reading the following feeback most likely would be able to help you:
0) What skin are you running? Have you turned on TvTunes in your skin settings as a first step? If yes then,
1) Are you running an official release of XBMC for Android, if so what version?
2) What version of TvTunes you have installed?
3) What is your set up with regards to TvTunes settings (where do you expect the themes to be saved: parent directory, Themes subdirectory, remote location)?
4) Please provide a full debug log showing the moment since you start XBMC till you try to fetch a theme online (please turn on both debug logging in XBMC and TvTunes)
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hello capfuturo,

amazing how quickly you reacted, many thanks for this.
Here are my answers to your questions.

0: My skin is AEON NOX 5.1.3, TV TUNES is turned on.
1: My XBMC has the following version: Gotham 13.3 beta (it's an official version of Minix)
2: TV TUNES Version 4.4.7
3: I have an external hard drive directly to my TV BOX Minix. I have the setting that is the Theme.mp3 stored directly in the movie folder.
4: I know how I logging for XBMC and TV-TUNES activate, but I do not know how I can save and find the log file. Can you help me with this?

I have now found out how I can get the sound to run, but the Theme.mp3 is not in the folder? Do you have any idea where Theme.mp3 might be?

Slowly, the goal is in sight. Laugh

greets,
liandenis
Look here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log...#Log_files

What do you mean by 'I have sound running'? Do you mean you have themes playing but they don't appear on the respective folder.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
I've tried it with the XBMC log uploader, but it will not send logs to my email. Debugging is enabled and my email address is stored in the configuration, but it will not send logs from my xbmc sessions.

The interesting thing is that by playing with the settings, the MP3s are now saved in the folder. I can not understand why, but it works.

so far so good, now I have two more questions.

1: How does the automatic assignment of Theme.mp3s? I have set it in the settings, but nothing happens.

2: If I search manually according to themes, I get no sound with the questions if I want to download the Theme.mp3. Only when I downloaded the file, the sound is played. Do you have an answer for this?
We need a log to tackle on this, otherwise is like clutching at straws

1) You mention to be running Android. Try find the log file in or something like:

<data/sdcard/Android>/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log
or
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Then copy and paste its content (all of it, no snippets please) manually to http://www.xbmclogs.com/

2) What scraper are you trying to use (Goear, Televisiontunes, Grooveshark or Soundcloud)? If you search manually you must get a pop-up streaming the theme for you and asking you whether to download or not. If you don't that means you have selected 'Automatically download if an exact match is found' under TvTunes settings.
Best,

capfuturo

(2014-09-03, 15:58)capfuturo Wrote: We need a log to tackle on this, otherwise is like clutching at straws

1) You mention to be running Android. Try find the log file in or something like:

<data/sdcard/Android>/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log
or
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Then copy and paste its content (all of it, no snippets please) manually to http://www.xbmclogs.com/

And don't forget to copy the url for the log you pasted and then post the url link here. It's sounds complicated but it's really fairly simple. If you get an error when pasting the log to xbmclogs it probably means the log file is too long. That is sometimes the reason XBMC Log Updater fails. Make sure that settings like scan on startup and addons like WatchDog are disabled to prevent any automatic scans and keep the log as short as possible. Want to limit the log to just your problem as much as possible.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
wgstarks, hope you are doing well. Do you think you can check whether you are getting anything returned when searching with goear in USA? On my set-up here in the UK, the script isn't retrieving a thing. Thanks mate! They might have tweaked something again.
Best,

capfuturo

(2014-09-03, 16:33)capfuturo Wrote: wgstarks, hope you are doing well. Do you think you can check whether you are getting anything returned when searching with goear in USA? On my set-up here in the UK, the script isn't retrieving a thing. Thanks mate! They might have tweaked something again.

Having a rather busy week. I'm glad to give it a shot, but it may be sometime this weekend before I get a chance.
(2014-09-03, 16:48)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 16:33)capfuturo Wrote: wgstarks, hope you are doing well. Do you think you can check whether you are getting anything returned when searching with goear in USA? On my set-up here in the UK, the script isn't retrieving a thing. Thanks mate! They might have tweaked something again.

Having a rather busy week. I'm glad to give it a shot, but it may be sometime this weekend before I get a chance.
No worries, anytime! Someone else perhaps may verify this too in due course. Thanks. Jav
Best,

capfuturo

Looks like Goear.com have changed their website layout, so all the names of everything we scrape from the search page changed!

Maybe the following will get you going again

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=490

Rob
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2