• 2(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
Hi All,

From what I'm hearing the changes that I have made now seem to be working on most people systems. I'm struggling to keep track of all the requests coming in (Forum and email) at the moment. Please can I suggest if you have requests for enhancements to existing functionality you create an issue on the following page:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/list

Please ensure that you:

1) Check that an issue had not already been created for something you are about to enter
2) Start the summary with the add-on name
3) Only detail 1 request per issue raised (better to have many small easy to define requests)
4) Make sure that you have a good description (I will close anything I don't understand)
5) If you have a patch for it, include it - things with code in will jump higher up the queue

Similarly for bugs that you find - it would also be good to specify from which version it was a problem (i.e. is it a breakage - or has it never worked) - also, please do some investigation before posting - switching skins to the confluence will tell you if it is skin dependant - and trying it on different media will discount media - or at least supply better information to work from.

I hope this will make sense to everyone!

Rob
(2013-09-14, 19:58)rob_webset Wrote: hi wgstark & capfuturo

It looks like you are both using the custom skin "skin.aeon.nox" - I have downloaded this and had a look. I think the problem is that you are not using the default confluence skin, and therefor the way in which "skin.aeon.nox" works is not the same - so your onload commands need to be compatible with that skin - I guess this will be the same for each other skin that does not implement all of confluence. In this case you will need:

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True&amp;loop=False)</onload>

This is due to "skin.aeon.nox" not having the ActivateTvTunes value in it's settings - so you are checking for something that does not exist.

Please let me know if this solves your problems

Thanks, Rob

Hi there,

Yes, playback of theme.mp3 is working now for movies using this new onload call for Aeon Nox. Just make sure not to switch too fast between panes in order to make sure the volume levels have risen 100% after leaving 'Info' pane's fade-out.

TVTunes 3.1.0 with theme.mp3 playback working for TV Shows and Movies: [CHECKED] [AEON NOX 4.0.9]

Thanks Rob!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Before my PC turned on me again Angry I managed to try it out and it seemed to be working. I'll report back once I've given it a proper run through, but the addition of the onload code seems to have done the trick. Smile

Edit: managed to test with the code alterations in place and everything seems to work fine. You have to be patient when browsing though, too fast and it spazzes out a bit. Now to put in a request for the random theme position.....

Excellent work again rob, kudos Wink
Hi Rob,

I've done some further testing and found an issue with TVTunes 3.1.0 (possibly another skin compatibility issue): One can't re-open the 'Info' pane of a movie and get it to play its theme unless one plays the theme of another movie first. I recreated the issue using a couple of movies and alternating between their 'Info' panes, twice. The full debug log for that test is here

For TV Shows... don't you worry; one can get back to a TV Show's 'Info' pane a trillion times in a row and the theme will play reliably every single one of them. Debug log for same test done for TV Shows here.

Anybody else with this issue?

System: Skin: Aeon Nox 4.0.9 ; XBMC: 12.2 ; OS X 10.8.4
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-09-15, 03:39)capfuturo Wrote: I've done some further testing and found an issue with TVTunes 3.1.0 (possibly another skin compatibility issue): One can't re-open the 'Info' pane of a movie and get it to play its theme unless one plays the theme of another movie first. I recreated the issue using a couple of movies and alternating between their 'Info' panes, twice. The full debug log for that test is here

Thanks capfuturo, please can you try the following patch and see it that solves the problem:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/trun...backend.py

Thanks, Rob
(2013-09-15, 08:26)rob_webset Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 03:39)capfuturo Wrote: I've done some further testing and found an issue with TVTunes 3.1.0 (possibly another skin compatibility issue): One can't re-open the 'Info' pane of a movie and get it to play its theme unless one plays the theme of another movie first. I recreated the issue using a couple of movies and alternating between their 'Info' panes, twice. The full debug log for that test is here

Thanks capfuturo, please can you try the following patch and see it that solves the problem:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/trun...backend.py

Thanks, Rob

Good morning Rob,

I can confirm new tvtunes_backend.py patch solves the issue; however the theme will not play unless one waits aprox. 4 seconds (or more) before returning to 'Info' pane. I recreated the issue for 2 movies in the full log here

TV Shows' themes don't present this behaviour and play after immediately returning to 'Info' pane without waiting. Full log here
Best,

capfuturo

(2013-09-15, 14:14)capfuturo Wrote: I can confirm new tvtunes_backend.py patch solves the issue; however the theme will not play unless one waits aprox. 4 seconds (or more) before returning to 'Info' pane. I recreated the issue for 2 movies in the full log here

I wonder if this is skin specific, in the log, line 1621:

Code:
13:05:17 T:4641525760 WARNING: The python script "/Users/futuro/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Monitor,Window,Player

Seems to have a problem, then later on we get:

Code:
13:05:23 T:140735299576192   ERROR: XBPyThread::stop - script /Users/futuro/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.tvtunes/resources/tvtunes_backend.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
13:05:23 T:140735299576192   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 8 (/Users/futuro/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.tvtunes/resources/tvtunes_backend.py) to stop
13:05:23 T:4841402368   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
13:05:23 T:4841402368   ERROR:   File "/Users/futuro/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.tvtunes/resources/tvtunes_backend.py", line 109, in run
13:05:23 T:4841402368   ERROR:     time.sleep( .5 )
13:05:23 T:4841402368   ERROR: SystemExit

Rob
@rob_webset: Yep, and I see also there are JSON requests for metadata and fanart every time we are attempting to play the themes, which are pointless here.This obviously doesn't help either.
Best,

capfuturo

However these errors are related to "trying to kill all scripts in order to quit XBMC", after the:
Code:
13:05:16 T:140735299576192   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnQuit from xbmc
which is right before quitting XBMC completely. The tests for the impossibility to play the theme when re-visiting the 'Info' pane within a period less than 4 seconds (after leaving the 'Info' pane) are much earlier in the log.
Best,

capfuturo

Maybe try turning the fade option off?
@rob_webset: I believe I know what is goign on:

On the test which theme play fails, the CCoreAudioAEStream doesn't have the time to be completely terminated so these lines are missing in the Log, when actually they must happen before invoking script.tvtunes again when calling the 'Info' pane:
Code:
15:02:45 T:4861837312   DEBUG: Thread CFileCache 4861837312 terminating
15:02:46 T:140735299576192   DEBUG: CCoreAudioAEStream::~CCoreAudioAEStream - Destructed
15:02:46 T:4862373888   DEBUG: Thread PAPlayer 4862373888 terminating
So, when opening the 'Info' pane again what happens is that the audio fading continues its course till 0% and the new lines above are finally put in place resulting in the killing of the new TVTunes script just triggered. The volume levels are then reinstated to 100% but all is pointless at that stage since there is nothing really playing.

Some ideas:
1) Make sure the stream has been destructed whether the system has finished or not completely fading the audio, before the system can acknowledge any new call for 'info' pane the user can do.
2) Do not give immediate way to the instruction::
Code:
15:02:47 T:140735299576192   DEBUG: OnKey: i (f049) pressed, action is Info
and rather put it on hold only until the CCoreAudioAEStream has been destructed, will allow for a new script.tvtunes to be handled correctly?
3) Eliminate the fade option so things run consistently for all the users (I personally think the fade is a nice feature that adds that extra finesse, with soft transitions, to the whole experience).
Best,

capfuturo

Hi there,

Can anyone please confirm whether the following is happening in their own systems:

Issue: TVTunes 3.1.0 theme play overrides any XBMC pre-existent value for the music player's 'Repeat' preset and sets it to a persistent 'Repeat: one'. However the repeat function enters an endless loop, and not just one repeat, regardless of the fact that visually the music player controls have been changed to 'Repeat: one' by TVTunes.

The result is that after visiting any TV Show or Movie's 'Info' pane for which there are themes playing, any song from any music album one wishes to play afterwards will play in a loop.
Best,

capfuturo

(2013-09-15, 20:19)capfuturo Wrote: Issue: TVTunes 3.1.0 theme play overrides any XBMC pre-existent value for the music player's 'Repeat' preset and sets it to a persistent 'Repeat: one'. However the repeat function enters an endless loop, and not just one repeat, regardless of the fact that visually the music player controls have been changed to 'Repeat: one' by TVTunes.

Please would you be able to try it with the following file:

http://ronie.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sc...backend.py

It would be good to know if this is a problem before the info screen changes or not.
Good morning Rob,

This happens as soon as the theme starts playing (when the 'Info' screen is entered) and 'repeat' stays with the new value until one changes it manually.Right after the theme is finished playing, the script should revert the 'repeat' values to those found prior to start playing the theme.mp3,

If one is playing music when entering the movie/tv show 'Info' pane, the 'repeat' value is not altered. However, if one stops the music playback whilst on 'Info' pane, then the theme playback is triggered by TVTunes script (which is great by the way) and then the repeat value is changed.

Let me know if you need more information on this issue. I will test the patch in the meantime.
Best,

capfuturo

(2013-09-16, 05:29)rob_webset Wrote: Please would you be able to try it with the following file:

http://ronie.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sc...backend.py

It would be good to know if this is a problem before the info screen changes or not.

Result of test: no theme plays at all for both Movies and TV Shows.
Debug log here
Best,

capfuturo

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2