• 3(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
(2013-09-16, 07:39)capfuturo Wrote: Result of test: no theme plays at all for both Movies and TV Shows.
Debug log here

This will obviously not work with the info screen as it's the version in ronie's repository, so before the changes I have made. Please can you check if this problem happens with tv episodes?

Thanks, Rob
(2013-09-16, 07:49)rob_webset Wrote: This will obviously not work with the info screen as it's the version in ronie's repository, so before the changes I have made. Please can you check if this problem happens with tv episodes?

Thanks, Rob

That's why!

Yes, this happens with TV episodes using tvtunes_backend.py from Ronie's repository. This thread has over 120 pages, it is hard to believe this issue hasn't been reported/ironed out yet.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi all

has anyone noticed that tvtunes somtimes mutes your system ? its a pain in the bum. i have the fade on and volume set to 12db low. i can see the volume adjust when playing tunes and going back to 100% when exiting.

but somtimes when i switch my computer back on and load xbmc is set to mute ?

anyone having this problem

thanks
(2013-09-18, 09:01)meridius Wrote: has anyone noticed that tvtunes somtimes mutes your system ? its a pain in the bum. i have the fade on and volume set to 12db low. i can see the volume adjust when playing tunes and going back to 100% when exiting.

There are some problems that appear to exist with "clean-up" at the end of running a tune - this will require a fairly serious re-work of the code to sort it out. (Not a quick fix)
(2013-09-18, 18:35)rob_webset Wrote:
(2013-09-18, 09:01)meridius Wrote: has anyone noticed that tvtunes somtimes mutes your system ? its a pain in the bum. i have the fade on and volume set to 12db low. i can see the volume adjust when playing tunes and going back to 100% when exiting.

There are some problems that appear to exist with "clean-up" at the end of running a tune - this will require a fairly serious re-work of the code to sort it out. (Not a quick fix)

thanks for getting back to me i am sort of happy that it was not just me as it happens on 2 systems.

do you think this will be fixed ? i know you said its not a quick fix but hope it can be as i have disabled tvtunes for the time being

thanks
Anyone. It's happening a lot how do u use the addon if it keeps muting the system.

Thanks.
(2013-09-23, 08:25)meridius Wrote: Anyone. It's happening a lot how do u use the addon if it keeps muting the system.

You may want to try returning to the home screen each time before turning off.

Rob
(2013-09-23, 08:25)meridius Wrote: Anyone. It's happening a lot how do u use the addon if it keeps muting the system.

Thanks.

Good morning meridius,

In addition to rob_webset's suggestion, may I remind you to turn off the fade option. We have realised the mute set to off have solved certain issues with the volume. Could you please report back in the forum if it stops muting the system? Additionally it would be useful to have a debug log to see what is happening "behind the scenes" that makes the system go silent, specially when starting up the system again.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-09-23, 08:43)rob_webset Wrote:

You may want to try returning to the home screen each time before turning off.

Rob

Hi

I always do

(2013-09-23, 09:16)capfuturo Wrote:

Thanks.

Good morning meridius,

In addition to rob_webset's suggestion, may I remind you to turn off the fade option. We have realised the mute set to off have solved certain issues with the volume. Could you please report back in the forum if it stops muting the system? Additionally it would be useful to have a debug log to see what is happening "behind the scenes" that makes the system go silent, specially when starting up the system again.

i will try the fade off, I know i have the volum turned down to 12db in the tvtunes options as well would that make any difference putting it back to 0db ?

i liked the idea of having the themes playing in the background but lower volumes as its like a background sound and not in your face.

I will have to try different things but i will report back in a few days as it might take awhile to figure out whats happening.

thanks
I'm using the latest TVTunes installed through the official repo and using XBMC Frodo with the Alaska skin. I have checked the box for the theme to play in a loop but it doesn't. How do I fix this?

Also, when is .FLAC support going to be added?
(2013-09-23, 22:24)iJunaid Wrote: Also, when is .FLAC support going to be added?

You may want to put that in as an enhancement request or at least check to see if anyone else has. http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/list That way you can track it and get notified when it gets added.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-09-23, 22:24)iJunaid Wrote: I'm using the latest TVTunes installed through the official repo and using XBMC Frodo with the Alaska skin. I have checked the box for the theme to play in a loop but it doesn't. How do I fix this?

These are currently being worked when I get a few minutes here and there.

Unfortunately I have had to rework several bits to try and get around some of the sound issues etc - so it will be quite a drastically different source base when I have finished :-(

List of existing issues and requests can be seen on the following page:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/list

Rob
(2013-09-23, 22:24)iJunaid Wrote: I'm using the latest TVTunes installed through the official repo and using XBMC Frodo with the Alaska skin. I have checked the box for the theme to play in a loop but it doesn't. How do I fix this?

tvtunes-3.0.9 fixed the loop playback as i reported this about 2 weeks ago

(2013-09-24, 14:20)rob_webset Wrote:

These are currently being worked when I get a few minutes here and there.

Unfortunately I have had to rework several bits to try and get around some of the sound issues etc - so it will be quite a drastically different source base when I have finished :-(

List of existing issues and requests can be seen on the following page:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/list

Rob

Hi rob what sort of fixes have you made and improved on thanks?
Hi.

I didn't see that you have continue to maintain this addon. Great news !!

Because some users ask for playing theme when browsing movie library :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172766

I was playing with the original code yesterday and I was able to play theme for a movie or for a movie set (when movies are grouped into movie sets).

This morning, I'm trying your mod but I didn't see anything in the log telling me that theme.mp3 was found and playing (I'm doing my test at my office so I have mute my laptop Big Grin ).

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=62791

When using my mod, theme.mp3 is playing when browsing level 1 library and continue playing when entering level 2 movie set (seems to work only for moviesets at the moment because when browsing Avatar, wrong path is used : C:\Videos\Films\themes.mp3 or C:\Videos\theme.mp3) :

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=62795

My tvtunes_backend.py :

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=62806
My library :

My files :

You can use my code if you want.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Hi All,

I have been making some changes to TvTunes to try and cover some of the requests and see if I can reduce the occurances of the audio turning off and not returning after a fade.

List of changes are:

Quote:v3.1.1b
- Restructured code to try and improve reset of volume
- Added support for different file types
- Added support for multiple theme files (default order alphabetical)
- Added option to allow multiple files to be shuffled in the playlist
- Added option to allow random start point within media track

This is an early beta, so no zip (as this is for the die-hard users only), the files you will need are under:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/trun...resources/

And are:

Quote:settings.xml
tvtunes_backend.py

Please let me know any problems you see (ideally with very simple and clear steps to reproduce).

Thanks, Rob

EDIT: Note that this was posted when the repo was on r12 - obviously future changes will be made to this source
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2