• 27(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
Hi Rob,

Sorry I've been busy and haven't had time to test the fix you wrote for me. I really appreciate it. I'll probably be able to check it out soon, so I'll let you know.

Once again, great work and thank you.
(2014-01-30, 13:26)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 14:04)rob_webset Wrote: Hi All,

If anyone is seeing the issue with themes being downloaded to the incorrect location, the issue was recently raised on the Google Issues list by Martin, with quite a bit of info and logging.

(It was previously raised on the forum, but was muddied by lots of other manually applied hook issues)

I have attached a possible patch for the issue (Although I have been unable to reproduce this myself), if you have seen the issue please can you try the patch applied to the following and let me know how you get on.

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/detail?id=36

Thanks

Rob

OK, doesn't appear that this is too big a problem for people - it's been a few days and no-one that reported the problem has verified if this fixes it or not. Just to be clear, I won't be applying this change if it isn't verified, so at the moment the next publish will not include this change.

If you have seen this problem, please can you let me know if this change fixes it. (Failing that I'll bin this change if I don't hear from anyone - but please don't re-report this error after I do)

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob !!!!

It works for me. Finally !!!! Works perfect. Now theme.mp3 is stored in each folder.
Sorry about "dissapearing" but seeing that there wasnt fix to my problem I opted to continue using version 3.0.6 and block actualizations

Thanks at all,

Aky
Thanks for confirming the fix.

I believe we are back to having no known issues/bugs. I have requested a new publish to the official repo for version 4.3.2

Code:
v4.3.2
- Improve the way the current volume is retrieved
- Support empty value on manual search entry
- Change a couple of scraper defaults for new installs
- Fix issues on some systems where themes downloaded to wrong location

Enjoy!

Rob
@aky75: glad Rob's fix worked for you.
@nitephyyre: thanks for your proper feedback so this issue finally was identified and fixed.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi again everybody,

One little thing:
In Spanish strings, I have one little correction. When says "Store tunes in a custom path" , the correct translation is "Descargar temas en carpeta personalizada".

Thanks,

Aky
(2014-02-04, 14:59)aky75 Wrote: One little thing:
In Spanish strings, I have one little correction. When says "Store tunes in a custom path" , the correct translation is "Descargar temas en carpeta personalizada".

Please can you update it in the translation system - then they will get copied down periodically.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...resources/

Thanks

Rob
Hi,

installed XBMC (Frodo), installed the tvtunes add-on, for TV shows, downloaded the themes, one "theme.mp3" file per directory, but no sound plays when I browse or go into a show. I can hear the GUI sound effects, so yes, the sound is on.

I tried debugging so I can find out what's happening, but when I check the log (in the XBMC user folder on Win7) there is nothing in the xbmc log showing "DEBUG: script.tvtunes:". It shows log data for XBMC, but not tvtunes. I enabled XBMC debugging and then tvtunes debugging.

Is the tvtunes log files somewhere else, or is the debug logging just not working?
(2014-02-11, 13:30)kitkatx Wrote: Hi,

installed XBMC (Frodo), installed the tvtunes add-on, for TV shows, downloaded the themes, one "theme.mp3" file per directory, but no sound plays when I browse or go into a show. I can hear the GUI sound effects, so yes, the sound is on.

I tried debugging so I can find out what's happening, but when I check the log (in the XBMC user folder on Win7) there is nothing in the xbmc log showing "DEBUG: script.tvtunes:". It shows log data for XBMC, but not tvtunes. I enabled XBMC debugging and then tvtunes debugging.

Is the tvtunes log files somewhere else, or is the debug logging just not working?

What skin are you using, please check the Wiki to see if it is supported. If it is confluence, then there is a value in the confluence settings you need to enable to have it work.

Rob
(2014-02-11, 13:34)rob_webset Wrote: What skin are you using, please check the Wiki to see if it is supported. If it is confluence, then there is a value in the confluence settings you need to enable to have it work.

confluence skin, the basic one that comes with XBMC. What setting? I tick debug in the tvtunes addon config screen (as well as the XBMC/Settings debug option), is there something else?
(2014-02-11, 13:56)kitkatx Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 13:34)rob_webset Wrote: What skin are you using, please check the Wiki to see if it is supported. If it is confluence, then there is a value in the confluence settings you need to enable to have it work.

confluence skin, the basic one that comes with XBMC. What setting? I tick debug in the tvtunes addon config screen (as well as the XBMC/Settings debug option), is there something else?

It's a setting to enable TV Tunes - should be burried somewhere in the Confluence Skin Settings. - should be easy enough to find with a little hunting. (This isn't enabling logging - it's enabling TvTunes for the skin)

Rob
what setting? The add-on is enabled via the system/settings/add-ons/Programs add ons - that's in the TVTunes config screen that I turn the debugging on for tvtunes.

I didn't find any other mention of tvtunes in the skin settings or other menus I looked at. If you're saying that other add ons I installed work fine once enabled but tvtunes requires both to be enabled and then some other setting somewhere that can't be easily found it's a bit weird.
(2014-02-11, 22:35)kitkatx Wrote: what setting? The add-on is enabled via the system/settings/add-ons/Programs add ons - that's in the TVTunes config screen that I turn the debugging on for tvtunes.

I didn't find any other mention of tvtunes in the skin settings or other menus I looked at. If you're saying that other add ons I installed work fine once enabled but tvtunes requires both to be enabled and then some other setting somewhere that can't be easily found it's a bit weird.

Good evening kitkatx,

This setting is something usually found in several skins, and its purpose is to deliver skin control over certain add-ons that are related to how the users experience the skin, which is out of the add-on's capabilities (TvTunes in this case). This is how certain skins make this control available from within the library view which can be toggled on/off very quickly without going into skin settings. Understanding this makes the availability of such skin setting not weird but actually sensible.

Please see picture below so you can locate the setting Rob has mentioned to you. It is quite easy:
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Thanks; that explains why I couldn't find it, didn't even know there was a second layer of settings in the skin.

Maybe put a note on the description of the add-on for the noobs like me?

All working fine now.
Not sure what I am doing wrong Sad Using windows7 Frodo and TV Tunes 4.3.2 with Confluence Skin and both are checked to run did the scan. I can see the mp3 themes in the folders. But no music plays

hmmm found it. Not sure why it works now but here is what I did. Had no theme music playing. So I went into my Music folder and played a song to see if my mp3 where playing and it did. Went back to the TV Show folders AND NOW ITS WORKING ! Smile Something in my audio drivers was a sleep till I played a song and woke it up ! Weird !
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2014-02-14, 19:12)Rickt1962 Wrote: Not sure what I am doing wrong Sad Using windows7 Frodo and TV Tunes 4.3.2 with Confluence Skin and both are checked to run did the scan. I can see the mp3 themes in the folders. But no music plays

hmmm found it. Not sure why it works now but here is what I did. Had no theme music playing. So I went into my Music folder and played a song to see if my mp3 where playing and it did. Went back to the TV Show folders AND NOW ITS WORKING ! Smile Something in my audio drivers was a sleep till I played a song and woke it up ! Weird !

You do have TVTunes enabled in the Confluence skin settings right? There is an Enable/Disable switch there (see post #402).
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2