• 28(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
(2014-02-14, 20:58)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-02-14, 19:12)Rickt1962 Wrote: Not sure what I am doing wrong Sad Using windows7 Frodo and TV Tunes 4.3.2 with Confluence Skin and both are checked to run did the scan. I can see the mp3 themes in the folders. But no music plays

hmmm found it. Not sure why it works now but here is what I did. Had no theme music playing. So I went into my Music folder and played a song to see if my mp3 where playing and it did. Went back to the TV Show folders AND NOW ITS WORKING ! Smile Something in my audio drivers was a sleep till I played a song and woke it up ! Weird !

You do have TVTunes enabled in the Confluence skin settings right? There is an Enable/Disable switch there (see post #402).

Yep have everything Enabled and it didn't work. Then After I played a song it started to work....weird ! But hey Glad its working Smile
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Hey guys

Just a small issue here, I have the 2008 BBC series of Survivors and when I try to get the tv theme it looks through goear.com whereas usually it goes through televisiontunes.com?
Also the actual theme is wrong, it has downloaded 'Jamaican Survivors - Mafia Theme', clearly not the one I'm after haha.

Any ideas how to force it to get the one from televisiontunes.com (http://www.televisiontunes.com/Survivors_-_2009.html) ?

Thanks
(2014-02-16, 14:51)ellspeedy Wrote: Hey guys

Just a small issue here, I have the 2008 BBC series of Survivors and when I try to get the tv theme it looks through goear.com whereas usually it goes through televisiontunes.com?
Also the actual theme is wrong, it has downloaded 'Jamaican Survivors - Mafia Theme', clearly not the one I'm after haha.

Any ideas how to force it to get the one from televisiontunes.com (http://www.televisiontunes.com/Survivors_-_2009.html) ?

Thanks

You could just use a browser and download the one you want to use.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi elispeedy,

Goear.com is the default setting which you can switch to televisiontunes.com within the configuration menu of the TvTunes add-on, under XBMC settings. You can also change the search engine on-the-wing whilst searching manually for the theme within the Info pane of the tvshow/movie. All this info is provided in the TvTunes wiki.

There are three main reasons to have goear.com as the default. The first is due to the fact that the new TvTunes add-on supports tv shows and movies, not just tv shows, and goear.com provides an incredibly rich database of music tracks for both, whilst televisiontunes.com does it only for tv shows in most cases. The 2nd reason is that goear.com allows users to upload and share their tunes like youtube does for videos, whilst televisiontunes.com has not implemented a self service and more sophisticated way to do this. The latter allows all of us to cooperate actively with the enrichment of online soundtracks for movies and tv shows. The 3rd reason is that goear.com allows us to choose the quality of the themes we fetch, going from very low to 128, 160, 256 and even 320 Kbps (HD)! whilst televisiontunes.com offers generally a very poor sound quality. However, goear.com and televisiontunes.com complement each other, so if you don't find what you look for via one of them, simply switch and search through the other. Hope this clarifies the matter.

I recommend you to search manually for your themes when using TvTunes, so you can actually experience the power and flexibility of this add-on, get a list of possible matches and get to listen to the themes, so you can be sure that you are picking the right one. Automatic search and download will never be as precise as a manual search,

Obs.: if you ever upload a theme to goear.com I strongly encourage users to do it in the form: "<movie name> (year) OST - <track name>" or "<movie name> (year) - main theme", etc. where OST means original sound track. If you upload the tracks in spanish then you would use BSO instead of OST. TvTunes will find all of them, which is great, so we can find tracks for the movies we like no matter who uploaded them and in what language :-) This is a great example of localised content serving the purpose of the global community.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Thanks guys, I just had to change a setting so that it didn't auto download if it found what it thought to be the right track.

Goear only had the Jamaican theme I mentioned, checked on televisiontunes and found the real one Smile

All sorted! Thanks
Hey ellspeedy,

Glad you worked it out. There are a couple more tracks for the elusive 'Survivors' score that Edmund Butt composed. I say elusive because neither Butt nor BBC have commercially released yet the whole of the 'Survivors' score, so most of the tunes are takes from the TV signal. However, you should now be able to find two samples (not takes) of his work via TvTunes using goear, if you wish to have more than one track for shuffling purposes. A manual search for 'Survivors' will make them appear as Survivors (2008-2009) OST at the end of the list's entries. Just in case, their goear link is here and you will find a 3rd one which is the same tune you found in televisiontunes.com (take from TV signal). Enjoy!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Question is there a Delay of 3 to 8 seconds before the theme starts ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
(2014-02-17, 02:14)Rickt1962 Wrote: Question is there a Delay of 3 to 8 seconds before the theme starts ?

There is an adjustable delay in the add-on settings. I suppose you could also have some system delays while the file loads and also may have a little blank section at the start of the music file. There is also a setting in the add-on to Fade In I believe. You could play the theme file just to see how quickly the music starts just to check it and check the add-on settings.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-02-17, 02:44)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 02:14)Rickt1962 Wrote: Question is there a Delay of 3 to 8 seconds before the theme starts ?

There is an adjustable delay in the add-on settings. I suppose you could also have some system delays while the file loads and also may have a little blank section at the start of the music file. There is also a setting in the add-on to Fade In I believe. You could play the theme file just to see how quickly the music starts just to check it and check the add-on settings.

I saw those adjustments but have them set to Zero from the beginning. The blank part at the beginning of the song make sense ! I will have to check the mp3 to see if that is the problem.

All the TV shows scanned properly but Last night when I tried to scan for Movies I kept getting Scrip error after the 3rd movie Sad
(2014-02-18, 03:19)Rickt1962 Wrote: All the TV shows scanned properly but Last night when I tried to scan for Movies I kept getting Scrip error after the 3rd movie Sad

You would need to post a link to a Debug log (wiki) for that. Make sure debug logging is enabled in system settings as well as the addon.
I run into a hang every so often , and I think what happens is, I enter the show, it happens to be on a drive that's spun down, I select an episode before the theme starts, press play on the episode, get "working" and a forever hang.

Is anyone aware of a workaround, or better yet a fix?
(2014-02-21, 06:08)bluenote Wrote: I run into a hang every so often , and I think what happens is, I enter the show, it happens to be on a drive that's spun down, I select an episode before the theme starts, press play on the episode, get "working" and a forever hang.

Is anyone aware of a workaround, or better yet a fix?

A debug log (wiki) would provide much more information on the problem. Make sure to enable debug logging in the addon settings as well as system settings.
Evenin' all,

Just installed TV Tunes add on into Frodo 12.3 with Aeon MQ 5 skin and it's all fine and dandy.

Just one thing I noticed is without the ad don enabled you get the nice poster/fan art in the background for each show.
With the ad don enabled you get the swirling music equalizer thing.

Is it possible to have it enabled and still have the artwork?

Thanks
(2014-02-22, 23:23)James_liv Wrote: Just one thing I noticed is without the ad don enabled you get the nice poster/fan art in the background for each show.
With the ad don enabled you get the swirling music equalizer thing.

Is it possible to have it enabled and still have the artwork?

Thanks
Yes, it is possible. It works perfectly in my tests with both Frodo and Gotham with MQ 5. The only time I could see the music visualisation (for a couple of seconds until TvTunes quits automatically) is if I press tab by mistake whilst in the video library and a theme is playing in the background.

If this isn't the case for you and you see all the time the visualisation, could you please provide a log with both XBMC and TvTunes debug logging turned on. The latter you will find it in the configuration pane of TvTunes add-on. Do you see the visualisation whilst browsing the video list, within the Information pane, both? Can you provide a screen-shot that matches the log? Thanks

EDIT: very important, don't forget to specify what TvTunes version are you running (latest 4.3.2?)
Best,

capfuturo

Hi,

Yeah, I see the visualisation whenever I hear a theme playing and until I exit back out of the menu.

I'll post the logs later today.

Cheers
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2