• 29(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
On XBMCBuntu Frodo 12.2, default confluence theme.

Downloaded add-on, picked themes for each TV show. Configured add-on to play when viewing. Everything seems good, except the theme song doesn't play when viewing each TV show. I've confirmed a Theme.mp3 in each appropriate folder. Not sure what the issue is. Is there a step I'm missing? Thanks for any help
Good afternoon bs0d,

Please provide full debug log following instructions here.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-02-23, 10:46)bs0d Wrote: On XBMCBuntu Frodo 12.2, default confluence theme.

Downloaded add-on, picked themes for each TV show. Configured add-on to play when viewing. Everything seems good, except the theme song doesn't play when viewing each TV show. I've confirmed a Theme.mp3 in each appropriate folder. Not sure what the issue is. Is there a step I'm missing? Thanks for any help

If I remember correctly, Confluence has a skin setting to turn TVTunes on and off. Did you enable the addon?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
@bs0d: it may well be that so do as wgstarks suggest first before bothering with getting the log!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
I've confirmed the add-on is enabled. I did not see a special setting for TVTunes in the confluence system settings however. Here is a link to my xbmc.log if that helps. Or if someone knows for sure the location of the confluence TVTunes setting please let me know. Thanks all

http://www.allsyntax.com/blogs/xbmc.log
@bs0d: Please refer to this post. I'd advise you to do a quick search in the thread so you can get this information by yourself. The forum is plagued with valuable information that other users have previously input.

EDIT: I looked at your log and there is no info one could read related to your issue. You are running on level 0. Try running with debugging on with level 2: Adding <loglevel>2</loglevel> to advancedsettings.xml. You can see that happens in your log in line 66:
Code:
10:25:01 T:3007776576  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
10:25:01 T:3007776576  NOTICE: Log level changed to 0
Best,

capfuturo

Code:
10:46:47 T:5204   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named BeautifulSoup
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Wakey\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\tvtunes_scraper.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup
                                            ImportError: No module named BeautifulSoup
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Anyone able to help me with this error?
It should be automatically installed due to the following in the addon.xml of tvtunes:

Code:
<import addon="script.module.beautifulsoup" version="3.2.1"/>

Which version of XBMC are you using, how did you install the addon etc.

Rob
(2014-02-26, 12:54)rob_webset Wrote: It should be automatically installed due to the following in the addon.xml of tvtunes:

Code:
<import addon="script.module.beautifulsoup" version="3.2.1"/>

Which version of XBMC are you using, how did you install the addon etc.

Rob

Using a nightly build from Jan 14th. I should really update to a newer one but just haven't had time to update all the xbmc devices I have

The addon installed as part of the skin but I updated it manually to 4.3.3 to see if that fixed it. Beautifulsoup is showing in my addons directory. I also manually updated this to see if that was perhaps corrupted but no luck
I don't think it's realistic for me to supply support for all the nightly builds.

My belief, is that if you are trying out nightly builds, it's because you are a developer/enthusiast who has the knowledge to investigate and debug problems.

Otherwise you should wait for an official release and only use those.

There are other users using Gotham nightly, they may be able/willing to assist.

Rob
(2014-02-26, 14:51)rob_webset Wrote: I don't think it's realistic for me to supply support for all the nightly builds.

My belief, is that if you are trying out nightly builds, it's because you are a developer/enthusiast who has the knowledge to investigate and debug problems.

Otherwise you should wait for an official release and only use those.

There are other users using Gotham nightly, they may be able/willing to assist.

Rob

The thing is I don't think its a nightly build related issue. I get the error on 2 of my 4 xbmc machines and rolling back to the official release still results in error
@wakey: I am curious to know what is your operative system running XBMC and would you be able to supply a full log? When we were testing TvTunes back in January, we had a similar issue with the BS module missing in OS X, however Rob tackled the issue down like thunder and all was working just like the soup the same day. But again it was an OS-related issue and not something really wrong with the add-on itself.
Best,

capfuturo

Is there any way to make it work with TV series using PleXBMC?
It doesn't seem to work (I selected a folder path to save the themes because it might not get the folder path from PleXBMC, but no luck) .
Hi,

I have a problem with TvTunes.

I was using it 1 year with no problem.

It still play themes for the old TVshows, but it can't download themes for new TVshows.

Here is a log file (i tried to download theme for new TVshow Bitten) - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=144635

Thank you.

EDIT: Working. Thank you very much rob_webset Smile
(2014-03-07, 19:46)efendy Wrote: Hi,

I have a problem with TvTunes.

I was using it 1 year with no problem.

It still play themes for the old TVshows, but it can't download themes for new TVshows.

Here is a log file (i tried to download theme for new TVshow Bitten) - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=144635

Thank you.

It's amazing no-one else has hit this problem - it's to do with custom paths - please can you try patching the following file:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/tru...scraper.py

Thanks

Rob
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2