• 30(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
I have just requested a publish of version 4.3.3 that fixes the issue with a custom download path as detailed in the previous post (also includes latest language updates)

Enjoy!

Rob
Hi All,

I have an idea that may mean that it might be possible to have TV-Tunes work (play themes) without actually needing a change to the skins.

However, if I'm going to try it I'll ideally like some-one willing to test it - if I have at least one volunteer then I will start looking at doing the changes.

That's if people think it would be a useful feature?

Thanks

Rob
Rainbow 
Hello Rob! I can't say no after your wonderful addition of goear.com to fetch themes for the movies! It works very well and really we are very happy to know we just can search and fetch most of the movie soundtracks from the comfort of the couch. The audio quality is amazing too (there is room for improvement though to find themes with special characters like ñ or ü very common in Spanish. These themes are not found when searching, when actually they exist in goear. Anyway, nothing urgent!).

I am happy to test your idea to see if it works, but beware I may ask for something in return! Image

Thanks!
Hi All,

After some more thought, I have decided not to do a re-work of TV Tunes to support playing without the hooks in the skins. As skin changes would still need to be done for the "Fetch Theme" support, I'm not convinced it is worth the hassle.

I have, however, just published a new version of TvTunes (v4.3.4)

Code:
- Option to allow addons to force continued playing of a theme
- Support themes directories at same level as DVD/Blueray image directories

Should be available once it goes through the normal publish run.

Rob
Hi All,

Just committed a new change to the repository, this one means that you can have themes playing while browsing your Music Video list

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=308

Rob
Rainbow 
¡Hola Rob! Is it possible to make my little request for TvTunes? I have an idea ImageImage
(2014-03-23, 08:18)Lola Berwoots Wrote: ¡Hola Rob! Is it possible to make my little request for TvTunes? I have an idea ImageImage

You can make a request - depends how interesting it sounds as to whether I implement it Laugh (And as long as it doesn't involve character encoding!) Big Grin
(2014-03-23, 08:27)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 08:18)Lola Berwoots Wrote: ¡Hola Rob! Is it possible to make my little request for TvTunes? I have an idea ImageImage

You can make a request - depends how interesting it sounds as to whether I implement it Laugh (And as long as it doesn't involve character encoding!) Big Grin

Hi Lola,

Did you decide not to go ahead with the request?

Rob
FYI: Version 4.3.5 of TvTunes that contains the Music Video support has now been published.

I believe that is all open requests complete again!

Rob
Where's the best place to post theme tunes for this addon to pick up then? I've extracted a few (Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge, From Dusk Till Dawn The Series, etc etc) and if the ability is there to share, then why not Smile
(2014-04-03, 20:31)aNILEator Wrote: Where's the best place to post theme tunes for this addon to pick up then? I've extracted a few (Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge, From Dusk Till Dawn The Series, etc etc) and if the ability is there to share, then why not Smile

You could try televisiontunes. I think you have to email them the file.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-04-03, 20:56)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-04-03, 20:31)aNILEator Wrote: Where's the best place to post theme tunes for this addon to pick up then? I've extracted a few (Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge, From Dusk Till Dawn The Series, etc etc) and if the ability is there to share, then why not Smile

You could try televisiontunes. I think you have to email them the file.

Well I've used their contact form, I'll wait for the owner to get back to me, it is a little odd in this day and age to have to use something like that as opposed to an open source database type thing. what would be great would be theme tunes added to thetvdb Smile
@aNILEator: your wishes have come true! Please use goear.com which is the default search and fetch engine for TvTunes since a couple of months ago. Don't forget to add it with a good sound quality and with a reasonable formatted name conatining a suffix such as: OST (Original Sound Track), TV, theme or main title, which are some of the parameters TvTunes uses for narrowing down the results whe searching.

Please refer to this post to know how to upload and what format to use: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1629069

OBS.: we need to update the TvTunes wiki with this info, which is probably why you couldn't find it.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Goear is always in spanish for me Undecided

Still I just created an account and upload jim hensons and from dusk till dawn theme's guess we'll see if they populate searches soon
Hey there Blush

I'm very new to xbmc and i just found the tvtunes addon yesterday. Awesome idea behind it. But unfortunatley i can't get it to work Undecided
When tvtunes starts to search for movies in my library it crashes with following notification : script-error!: scraper_tvtunes.py
I tried different versions of XBMC, enabled it in my skin, reinstalled it but nothing worked. So I made a debug log and hope someone can help me to figure out why tvtunes isn't working

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7wue7kbuoectluw/uJwSEp44Gh

thanks a lot Big Grin

Chemieboy
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2