second profile strangely 'inheriting' music source from master profile
Hi, I have a strange problem where my second profile imports music from a source that is defined in the master profile.

This source is NOT defined in the second profile (checked both in the XBMC gui and in sources.xml), and the profile is not created with shared or inherited libraries.

The master profile is configured to use a MySQL database, the secondary one uses standard sqlite db's. When updating the music library on the second profile, it starts importing music from the source defined in the master profile. I have checked the sqlite db and the new entries are in it.
It started behaving like this after I imported music into the master music (MySQL) db.

I have grepped through the userdata/profiles/SecondProfile directory for the path: negative.

To summarize: I am stumped.

Setup:
XBMC: 2:12.2~git20130502.1706-frodo-0precise (installed from official repo)
sqlite3: 3.7.9-2ubuntu1.1
mysql: 5.5.32-0ubuntu0.12.04.1

Any ideas?
Small update: I was able to 'delete' the faulty entries by adding the wrong path as a source and then delete it. XBMC then offers to clean the DB from all occurrences with the path of the source.

Still stumped how this happened though. Only thing I can think of is triggering a
xbmc-send --action="UpdateLibrary(music)"
from the command line while the second profile was active. If anyone is interested I can create a dummy profile and run that again with debug logging on. Let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
second profile strangely 'inheriting' music source from master profile0