(2013-09-24 14:42)teeedubb Wrote: I doubt your installs would work...
...How do oe and xbmcbuntu behave diffrently?
Under ubuntu the 'exit' key on my remote takes me out of full screen view but under OE it doesn't. However the 'exit' key seems to work properly in all other parts of OE.
I did my searches a number of ways but all were under OE (which doesn't seem to have the "locate" command.
1) I navigated to .xbmc/userdata/keymaps and ran ls -a -l
2) I used an FTP client and searched for keyboard.xml from the root of the file system.
3) i used the SMB mount and FINDER on my mac.
I'm going to reboot my revo and switch back to ubuntu so I can use the LOCATE command.
under ubuntu I can find a number of keyboard.xml files (just not where the wiki says they should be.
- rebooted back to OE and found the same files.
- compare keyboard.xml from ubuntu & OE and found...
WAY too much stuff to try to find the differences!
- tried to FTP the ubuntu file into the OE install and FTP didn't work.
- tried ssh into OE and /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps is marked as read only even though i'm logged in as ROOT.
- back to FTP and copied the ubuntu keyboard.xml to userdata/keymaps
- rebooted OE and NOTHING CHANGED! I still can't get out of the full screen music view without stopping the music. GRRRRRR.
- went back to ubuntu to make sure I wasn't on the crack pipe and confirmed that I can leave the full screen music with the remote.
- leaving full screen works when I hit the "E" key, not 'exit'.
- then checked my harmony programming and found
- "exit" sends "backspace"
- "OK" sends "OK"
- '"e" sends "enter"
- but I still don't know why the keyboard.xml didn't work.