• 4(current)
cmyth client for MythTV .27
Has anyone been able to compile OpenELEC 3.2.3 with cmyth 1.6.12 for the Raspberry Pi? No matter how I compile it, networking does not work in OpenElec. I can do it all day long for Intel builds, but the RPi build is kicking my butt.
(2013-10-18, 21:17)allen00se Wrote: great so i guess my next question is, has anyone used the combination of Infinitv 6 eth > mythtv .27 > cmyth > xbmc yet? I am thinking about making the switch but my infinitv 4 usb has been so solid lately im not sure if I want to be a pioneer of the infinitv 6 eth.

thanks,
Krys

From what I understand the Infinitv 6 is actually easier to configure than the 4 was because it is network based out of the box. So it would be similar to my current HDHomerun Prime setup. that said the only thing that matters in your loop is

Infinitv 6 eth > mythtv .27

everything else would be independent.

I am waiting till Gotham is official before I upgrade to .27 it sounds. My wife and mother-in-law depend on my setup be as solid as possible or else I get the stink eye.
(Living Room)
core i7 HD4000 running MythTV .27 and XBMC 16
on XBMCUbuntu 14.04 with 24Hz, DTS-HDMA 7.1
(Bedroom)
core i3 Intel Nuc MythTV .27(front end) and XBMC 16
on Xubuntu 14.04 with 24Hz,
(Mother-in-Law)
Second Gen Raspberry Pi running OpenElec
Droid Turbo with kodi and live tv!
Does anyone know of a working binary 1.6.12 plugin available for Windows? I have XBMC running on Win7 while the mythtv backend is on Ubuntu, which I stupidly upgraded to 13.10 this morning. Now I'm stuck with no broadcast TV, I'm not really set up to compile stuff on Windows, unfortunately...
sanedog
I have the same setup as you and therefore in the same situation. I tried installing the XBMC 13 nightly builds (0.27 mythtv PVR addon) but still it gives the usual "cmyth cannot connect to backend".
Appreciate if you can let me know if it works out for you for that matter anyone here in the forum.
OZooHA
sanedog
I solved the issue and following are the steps:
I have installed the XBMC nightly builds so that the mythtv PVR addon is based on mythtv 0.27 and therefore is compatible with Ubuntu 13.10's 0.27 mythtv.
- type on terminal "mysql -u root -p"
at the mysql prompt type-
show databases;
select user, host, password from mysql.user;
see whether the passwords for all the users (i.e. root and mythtv) are the same
if not then you will have to set the passwords using
SET PASSWORD FOR 'User'@HOST=PASSWORD('yourpassword');
FLUSH Privileges;
type select user, host, password from mysql.user; and
now you should see all the encrypted passwords look alike.
exit;
and i believe you should be done.
If not then the use
command sudo find / -name mysql.txt to see whether you have used the hostnames as the static ip address and not the localhost or 127.0.0.1
Hi ozooha

Thanks for the reply.

I solved the problem on the Ubuntu side, by uninstalling Ubuntu's 0.27 mythtv package, and building mythtv 0.26.1 from source, downloaded from
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/releases/tag/v0.26.1

The build went smoothly once I got all the dependencies in place. They are conveniently listed here
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Dependencies_..._source%29

Then I dropped all the tables in the mythconverg database and restored one of the automatic backups in /var/lib/mythtv/db_backups.

Still running mythbackend in an xterm, watching the console log go by. The rest of the family is blissfully unaware of the crisis.
Why would you go back to 0.26 when XBMC works so well wit 0.27?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
nickr, mainly because I don't want to upgrade to a XBMC alpha build right now. Am I wrong in thinking that's what you meant?
You don't have to. I simply compiled the latest frodo cmyth code and it works.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh right. Well, no excuse then. Except for an indefensible lack of comfort with doing development-type things on Windows.
Maybe I missed the fact you are on windows.
When I do
Code:
PROJECT=ION ARCH=x86_64 make release
I get
Code:
ERROR: Project not found, use a valid project or create a new config
The options are ARCTIC_MC, ATV, generic, RPi, and virtual. Any ideas?
They've been slowly consolidating builds, by the sounds of it in the future there will only be generic. Generic will run fine on a ion.
(2013-11-02, 04:49)teeedubb Wrote: They've been slowly consolidating builds, by the sounds of it in the future there will only be generic. Generic will run fine on a ion.

OK,thanks.I'll give it a try.
After compiling the generic version everything seems to work except Mythtv. Enabling it gives
Code:
An unknown error has occurred. Add-on could not be loaded. An unknown error has occurred.
Don't suppose anyone would want to upload a zip file for the latest stable ION version of OpenELEC. I intended to but no luck yet.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cmyth client for MythTV .272