• 5(current)
cmyth client for MythTV .27
Go to the development thread on openelec forums, there are many gotham builds.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-03, 20:31)nickr Wrote: Go to the development thread on openelec forums, there are many gotham builds.

I'm trying to stick with Frodo. I tried the build you posted and I had some video stuttering issues. Thanks though. I'm trying to compile it again. I'll post back if it works out.
So stumbled on this thread after getting a "Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 77!" error when starting my mythtv backend. The backend is running on ubuntu, and it upgraded to 0.27 when I upgraded to 13.10. I'm running 4 xbmc clients running frodo, including 2 ubuntu, 1 android, and 1 openelec/rpi. After reading the thread, I'm not sure if there are binaries available for all of my devices. I have enough experience to know that me trying to compile anything for 3 platforms/4 machines is going to be time consuming at best. So what's my best option? I'm thinking downgrading back to 0.26, but I also know that I'm going to run into problems going that route...
Finally got it working. Needed to use
Code:
git checkout 90c1c0e
before compiling as discussed here http://openelec.tv/forum/official-openel...0-27#89849. I've uploaded a Frodo ION 64 build here http://www.fileswap.com/dl/0hXtOTNFGK/Op...3.tar.html. I really don't know what I'm doing and have just been following the instructions here and elsewhere. Using that file might fry your computer, make your dog sick, and ruin your day but it works for me. Use at your own risk.
(2013-11-03, 22:38)nola mike Wrote: So stumbled on this thread after getting a "Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 77!" error when starting my mythtv backend. The backend is running on ubuntu, and it upgraded to 0.27 when I upgraded to 13.10. I'm running 4 xbmc clients running frodo, including 2 ubuntu, 1 android, and 1 openelec/rpi. After reading the thread, I'm not sure if there are binaries available for all of my devices. I have enough experience to know that me trying to compile anything for 3 platforms/4 machines is going to be time consuming at best. So what's my best option? I'm thinking downgrading back to 0.26, but I also know that I'm going to run into problems going that route...
Compiling for ubuntu is a non issue, very simple.

There is an openelec build right above my post (and straight after yours). Android - don't ask me sorry.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Most of what I've seen in the release notes for mythtv 0.27 seem centered around mythfrontend enhancements. Is there any real value in 0.27 if you are running XBMC as the frontend?
(2013-11-25, 04:06)twojciac Wrote: Most of what I've seen in the release notes for mythtv 0.27 seem centered around mythfrontend enhancements. Is there any real value in 0.27 if you are running XBMC as the frontend?
Yes of course, running a supported version always has advantages, like, ummm, support!

Also I wouldn't exactly call this list trivial:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes...ythbackend

There is ongoing improvement all the time. I would throw back at you "what is the advantage of running 0.26?"
(2013-11-25, 04:37)nickr Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 04:06)twojciac Wrote: Most of what I've seen in the release notes for mythtv 0.27 seem centered around mythfrontend enhancements. Is there any real value in 0.27 if you are running XBMC as the frontend?
Yes of course, running a supported version always has advantages, like, ummm, support!

Also I wouldn't exactly call this list trivial:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes...ythbackend

There is ongoing improvement all the time. I would throw back at you "what is the advantage of running 0.26?"

I'm running 0.26 because of stuck tuner issues with 0.25. From a quick glance it looks like what we see with 0.27 is mostly bugfixes, so if one isn't running into bugs which aren't fixed with the 0.26+bugfixes already, there isn't much value. Now if there's something that I'm missing, please let us know... I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering if it's worthwhile upgrading.

With XBMC, there may be a thousand minor changes between v11 and v12... but there are obvious big wins like PVR support that came with v12 that people can cite as reasons for upgrading.
Well the fact that if you ask about something not working on the mythtv mailing list they are likely to say "we only support 0.27" ...

There are some significant changes to scheduling, you may or may not want them.

Then again, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind.
If anyone needs it I have cmyth 0.27 compiled for Frodo (Windows), Only .27 anything I can get to work on top of windows. I just don't see anywhere I can upload if anyone needs it.
Get a dropbox account.
Quote:If anyone needs it I have cmyth 0.27 compiled for Frodo (Windows), Only .27 anything I can get to work on top of windows. I just don't see anywhere I can upload if anyone needs it.

I am interested in the 0.27 client for windows. I'm trying to troubleshoot issues with my 0.27 client on Ubuntu so I would appreciate it.

Thanks
(2013-09-20, 20:23)cfetzer Wrote: Note that recent XBMC pre-Gotham nightly builds have a version of the MythTV PVR addon that supports 0.27.
XBMC Nighties tend to be pretty stable, so I'd suggest to give it a try.

Cheers Christian

Installed the Dec 10 nightly, which identifies itself as alpha 13. There is no option to install the .27 myth add-on. Does anybody know how to do this?
(2013-12-10, 00:03)vectorite Wrote: If anyone needs it I have cmyth 0.27 compiled for Frodo (Windows), Only .27 anything I can get to work on top of windows. I just don't see anywhere I can upload if anyone needs it.

Yes, please put it in a dropbox folder. I would love to have your windows build. I upgraded to .27 with out thinking to check if the cMyth Addon would work. Spend last two days getting HDHomeRun Prime, cable card and XBMC's up and running and now its broke again.
OK, after frodo 12.3 released yesterday still does not work with mythtv 0.27 here is compiled plugin from github, I have been testing in since yesterday working fine for weeks for me in frodo 12.2 ans seems same in new release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhov0cw7wj51vu....cmyth.rar
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cmyth client for MythTV .272