• 6(current)
cmyth client for MythTV .27
That worked great! I was running an alpha build but I would rather run a release build on production (family friendly) equipment.
Any one know how to build from source for frodo on ubuntu? I've looked at the following link but I think I'm missing something.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR...FromSource

It says to run the following commands.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc

I'm pretty sure the unstable repository is going to upgrade me to xbmc 13 (gotham) but I want to stay with xbmc 12 (frodo).

Any ideas?

Thanks
If you already have frodo move straight to the next bit.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Anyone having recent version of cmyth for Xbian (RasPi)?

I tried to compile openelec with the latest xbmc-pvr-addons from github, and copy those over to xbian. Turned out there was glibc mismatch on xbian, and it's no-go.
(2013-11-04, 03:30)joeshmoe Wrote: Finally got it working. Needed to use
Code:
git checkout 90c1c0e
before compiling as discussed here http://openelec.tv/forum/official-openel...0-27#89849. I've uploaded a Frodo ION 64 build here http://www.fileswap.com/dl/0hXtOTNFGK/Op...3.tar.html. I really don't know what I'm doing and have just been following the instructions here and elsewhere. Using that file might fry your computer, make your dog sick, and ruin your day but it works for me. Use at your own risk.

Here's a link to a 3.2.4 Ion 64 version with cmyth 1.6.13. Again I can't be sure everything is done correctly but it works for me.

https://mega.co.nz/#!QVMWEQpb!ww5FdEXGi7...XZHgRTSTow
Tell me if I understand this right:
Frodo 12.2 works with 1.6.11,1.6.12 and 1.6.13?
Frodo 12.3 doesn't work with either of the plugin versions so far?
Await your response. Thanks.
OZooHA
(2014-01-25, 00:42)ozooha Wrote: Tell me if I understand this right:
OZooHA

It works with 12.3 as well. I am using the latest frodo branch of the mythtv addon from the development repository toghether with xbmc Frodo 12.3 (built from git source as well). The addon identifies itself as version 1.6.13.
(2014-02-04, 19:05)firelake42 Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 00:42)ozooha Wrote: Tell me if I understand this right:
OZooHA

It works with 12.3 as well. I am using the latest frodo branch of the mythtv addon from the development repository toghether with xbmc Frodo 12.3 (built from git source as well). The addon identifies itself as version 1.6.13.

Same here. I just compiled it a couple of days ago. Upgrading the plugin from 1.6.11 to 1.6.13 actually fixed a small problem I had with the plugin throwing a harmless error at the end of watching a recording.
Using Fedora 19 x64 w/ XBMC. Latest PVR client version for myth is still 1.6.9 there, and is not detecting any new updates. Should it? Else, where to go to get a zip file?
thanks.
I upgraded from Ubuntu 12.10, XBMC 12.03 and Mythv 0.26 this weekend to
Ubuntu 14.04, XBMC 13.0 Git:d420b5c May 6, 2014. Mythtv 0.27 v0.27-193-g8ee257c

In trying to re-enable the cmyth PVR client It says that it is version 1.6.7 and supports up to Mythtv 0.26. Posts here imply that there is a version for 0.27 and that it was in some early Gotham builds. What gives? Also, the wikis are inconsistent on what versions of mythtv are supported. I could build my own, but it seems that a lot of others may have the same problem.

Hopefully this is some minor build issue, or perhaps I need to reset something on my box?
cmyth from team-xbmc/unstable certainly works and the one from team-xbmc/ppa should work too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hmmm.. unfortunately trying the unstable cymth tonight (expanding the deb and copying the /usr over my /usr tree) didn't work either. Can't connect to backend for some reason. It is the new version info for cmyth at least.
Strange way to install things.

So what is your error message? debug log (wiki)
So does there exist a .ZIP file for windows for Myth .27 XBMC addon? Yes, I HAVE read the forums, and there's a LOT of conflicting information. I also can't seem to able to tell Mythbuntu repositories to go back farther than .27. Is there an addon that works for XBMC WINDOWS for .27? Or is there a way to make it downgrade to .26? When I go the Mythbuntu control center all I see is .27 and .28?! So I have to download a previous mythbuntu version that has .26 in it? Or is there actually a windows add on for .27?
The addon bundled with Gotham works with 0.27.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cmyth client for MythTV .272