Minor annoyance
I have a Mac Mini system into an HDMI AV system running 12.2. (Yes, I suffer from the audio problems of MP3s as well but I live with it.)

One thing that I have never figured out is how to correct a scraping problem.

When I add a new folder and "Get TV Information" I sometime notice that I have made a mistake in the name of the folder. The scraper dutifully updates and captures the information and displays it correctly in the XBMC menu. But if I go back and change the folder name to the correct name and rescrape - the episodes update correctly but the folder information is missing the summary and series picture.

I have tried deleting the folder and rescraping with no luck. If I move the folder out into a new folder the scraping works fine. If I then move it back the series summary page still does not appear when I rescrape.

This behavior has been around for a while - I can remember experimenting with it in version 10 and 11 with no luck.

Can anyone suggest a work around without rescraping the entire library again? (I have a huge library.)

Thanks.
I suspect that the problem is you end up with the tvshow assigned to the wrong folder.

I suggest taking a look in the tvshows table of the database. Check some of the last columns for paths and path ids, and see what the show you're looking at is assigned to.

If you can get a reproducible case (e.g. setup a new profile, and reproduce using a simple filesystem) then I'm sure someone will take a look at it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-09-21, 23:36)jmarshall Wrote: I suggest taking a look in the tvshows table of the database.

Can you point me to how I could do that? I'm not aware of how I can look in the database. Thanks.
You could use sqlite3 from the Terminal, or see if you can find a fancier sqlite database viewer.

sqlite3 ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos75.db

Find shows and their base path:

Code:
select c00,c16 from tvshow;

Find shows and their parent path:

Code:
select c00,path.strPath from tvshow join path where path.idPath=tvshow.c17;

Find shows and all related paths:

Code:
select c00,path.strPath from tvshow join tvshowlinkpath where tvshowlinkpath.idshow=tvshow.idshow join path where path.idpath=tvshowlinkpath.idpath;

The first two will show which main path the show is associated with - this is the one when browsing by folder you'll see art. The last one shows all paths associated with the show.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minor annoyance0