Whole Home PVR - Windows and Android
I would like to set up a whole home PVR with a Windows HTPC and an Android tablet. But the wiki article states that the two versions of XBMC have to be the same, including the same build. I have the latest running on the PC, but with the Android tablet, I had to get the non-neon (Tegra 2) version. So my whole home PVR won't work with these two builds?
PVR should work. It's only MySQL library sharing that needs the same version.
I don't know if the builds have to be exactly the same. I have my primary HTPC running 12.1, and I've successfully run the PVR on a few raspberry pi and android devices running various different XBMC builds that weren't exactly the same.

If you have HD TV service and it's MPEG2 (like most providers in the US), then you might want to find out if your Android tablet supports MPEG2 hardware decoding. I've had a lot of trouble with this and PVR playback is choppy and unwatchable on my two Android devices.
You can have different versions of xbmc connecting to PVR back end, at least with mythtv you can - I use different nighlties + 12.2 + OE3.2. With PVR xbmc doesn't talk to other xbmc's, but to the PVR back end.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whole Home PVR - Windows and Android0