Custom video nodes
I have been trying to get a grip on custom video nodes for months with little success. If you know how this works please give me some advice here. Here is the test I've been unable to get working. I base this on the wiki page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes

My video library contains the share smb://server/share/Movies that has been indexed and all the movies appear in Videos/Movies/Title. Under the Movies folder on the share are some subfolders- let's just consider BD and HD (so smb://server/share/Movies/BD and smb://server/share/Movies/HD).

In my advancedsettings.xml I have the following path substitution so that I can maintain node customization across all xbmc players in the house (all running 12.2 Frodo):

<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/library/</from>
<to>smb://server/xbmc/library</to>
</substitute>

In smb://server/xbmc/library I have copied the video and video_flat video node xml directory structure. Everything is working as expected.

I added the following XML file in smb://server/xbmc/library/video/movies and named it BD.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="10" type="filter">
<label>Test Filter BD</label>
<path>videodb://1/2</path>
<match>all</match>
<content>movies</content>
<icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">Movies/BD</rule>
</node>

The new custom node shows up in "Vidoes/Movies/Test Filter DB" from the menu but when I try to open it the following shows up in the xbmc.log file (with debug on):

12:26:07 T:17188 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 1c, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
12:26:07 T:17188 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
12:26:07 T:17188 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (library://video/movies/BD.xml/)
12:26:07 T:17188 DEBUG: ParentPath = [library://video/movies/]
12:26:07 T:17188 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting library://video/movies/BD.xml/
12:26:07 T:17188 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(library://video/movies/BD.xml/) failed
12:26:07 T:17188 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (library://video/movies/)
12:26:07 T:17188 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
12:26:07 T:10808 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
12:26:07 T:10808 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/movies/BD.xml/poster.jpg
12:26:07 T:10808 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/movies/BD.xml/poster.png
12:26:07 T:10808 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/movies/BD.xml/banner.jpg
12:26:07 T:10808 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/movies/BD.xml/banner.png
12:26:07 T:10808 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/movies/BD.xml/thumb.jpg
12:26:07 T:10808 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/movies/BD.xml/thumb.png
12:26:07 T:10808 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/movies/BD.xml/movie.tbn
12:26:07 T:10808 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/movies/BD.xml/folder.jpg
12:26:07 T:10808 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/movies/BD.xml/fanart.jpg
12:26:07 T:10808 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/movies/BD.xml/fanart.png
12:26:07 T:10808 DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 10808 terminating

I have considered that the path substitution is a problem (even though the custom node does show up in the menus when created), so I've tried putting the library XML structure in %APPDATA%\userdata\library, but the result was the same.

I have also tried to filter out Movies/BD from the main Movies Title node by changing title.xml in the smb://server/xbmc/library/video/movies folder to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="2" type="filter">
<label>369</label>
<path>videodb://1/2</path>
<icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
<rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">Movies/BD</rule>
</node>

But when I do that I get the same set of CFileFactory errors in the logs as I do for the BD.xml

I do find the whole <path> tag confusing. Based on the wiki there are only specific paths you can use as I get an error if I try to use something like videodb://1/10, however I don't understand how can i have two nodes with the same path. Is there a way to create more of these somewhere?

If you have any suggestions please let me know. My goal is to separate my library out a bit as I have about 1500 movies and 350 TV series which is proving cumbersome to navigate when all lumped together.

Thanks!
Get rid of the path substitution to rule out a fault there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall. I tried that

I have considered that the path substitution is a problem (even though the custom node does show up in the menus when created), so I've tried putting the library XML structure in %APPDATA%\userdata\library, but the result was the same.

Any idea what the unsupported protocol(library) error means?
I've not used these, but perhaps see if you can get what you're wanting working via a Smartplaylist, then once you have that working you can look at the Smartplaylist xml file that's generated and use that as the basis of your custom node xml.
I'm getting this same error, did you ever find a solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom video nodes0