access bottom-right "home" button on appletv?
I'm using 12.2 with the default confluence skin on an AppleTV2. It's not the greatest choice, since the animations are a bit jerky and there is of course no way to disable these. The main issue I have is that when I am browsing TV shows, there's no simple way to get back to the "home" screen (that I know of). Pressing "back" has the issue (for me) that it has to re-load the TV show folder, which has a couple of hundred folders in it. Over my wifi, depending on the general usage at the time, loading this list can take upwards of 2 minutes - this for something that I want to skip anyway just to get back to "the level above" it.

There is a Home button in the bottom-right of the screen when looking at the list of episodes in a given show, but there's no way using an apple tv remote to access it - pressing left opens the options menu; pressing right selects the scrollbar; pressing down at the bottom of the list wraps the list - nothing I can see allows me to access the home button.

Is this possible, since it would allow me to skip the very slow step of loading a large folder list.
I'd love the option to turn off interface animations in any skin. Love the skin, hate the fade.
It's a mouse only button and cannot be reached with a remote.

You can map the buttons on the remote any way you like, so if you're fine with using "up one level" buttons in the GUI you could map the menu button to go directly to home. All the information is in the XBMC wiki.
That`s exactly my problem right now!!!

Please, can someone elaborate on that menu button mapping?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
access bottom-right "home" button on appletv?0