Win GAME SCRAPER
Would like to set up ROM COLLECTION BROWSER but the scrapers aren't very good. And I am just working with SNES and NES so far and I know there is a lot of info for these games out there. I physically go to thegamedb and see that they do in fact have all the boxart and info I need for my games but it is not imported into xbmc... I get some chinese boxart and fields like year and publisher are empty.

I loaded three SNES titles into RCB, and they show up, then I added two NES titles and they didn't show up! Is there something I am missing to switch between rom collections? I would like to add more systems too but If I can't even load 5 really old games in then I am not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Even the wiki is pretty bare on setting this up. I saw another post some time ago about "Advanced Launcher" but it didn't sound like exactly what I was looking for... Is this what paople are using? Anyone who has their games set up through xbmc, please comment on how you set it up.
Well - this is not exactly the right section for this since we are talking about program add-ons which bring their own scrapers for their own metadata.

Anyhow:
While you certainly would be able to use Advanced Launcher in a similiar manner to RCB - managing launchers for emulators and metadata to your games - this seems to be a more local problem.
Are you sure that you set the right scraper while scanning for metadata?
The wiki of RCB also generally covers a lot - including a guide to the setup:
https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...lcome?tm=6
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Have you tried the latest version, released today? I know that there was a problems with one of the scrapers in both RCB and ALA which has been fixed since.
Thanx teeedubb, the update seems to fix it. I have joined thegamedb and hope to contribute in small ways. Hopefully it will become good enough to be the only scraper you need one day.
Another thing for others trying to import with questions... the game recognition is pretty strict without changing any settings. It seems my roms were titled like this "7th Saga, The" instead of this "The 7th Saga". There were other little inconsistencies too so I went through and renamed them all the way they appear on thegamedb and re-imported the collection and that helped alot. I only did that because even though there was an option for "interactive" in the scraper menu, nothing ever popped up and let me select anything. Haven't tried this in the new version yet though.

Mame is a different story! There is good help on their wiki on how to do this though. I had to delete and re-import them a couple of times but if you follow the steps exactly, it will work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GAME SCRAPER0