Req Don't remove/ignore empty TV Show folders
To save some disk space I sometimes remove the season folder from a certain TV show.

Code:
-- Breaking Bad
----- banner.jpg
----- Season 05 * remove

The result is that XBMC will keep the show in the library (I like), but it also seems to see it as a new show at each library update.
This slows down the library update/initial responsiveness after startup.

I have no clue why this happens, but IMO it would be better if the TV show stays in the library (like it does now) but is not queried for every library update.

FYI Removing the entire TV show's folder is not an option because 1. I want it in my library because I'm following it - 2. Programs like SB will recreate the folder.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
how would it know if there would be new episodes if you don't want it scanned?

you can already ignore certain tvshows if you want by setting "ignore on scanning"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-09-24, 10:10)Martijn Wrote: how would it know if there would be new episodes if you don't want it scanned?

The issue not in scanning itself, but in the fact that empty TV shows are added as new on each initial scan after XBMC starts. If a show has at least 1 episode, this does not happen.
(2013-09-24, 10:10)Martijn Wrote: how would it know if there would be new episodes if you don't want it scanned?

you can already ignore certain tvshows if you want by setting "ignore on scanning"

Scanning the folder is fine, but it appears that XBMC is quering and identifying the TV show itself again, even though it is already in the library with the needed art...
In other words, I do not want it to quit scanning the folder. I think there is a bug here that recognizes the empty tv show folder as a new show by default, whereas the tv show is already known in the db.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
This sounds more like a bug or something, because XBMC shouldn't be doing that. Those should be skipped using the "fast hash" thing that XBMC does to check for folder changes.

As such, debug logs (wiki) would be helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't remove/ignore empty TV Show folders0