Full custom menu
Hi,

your skin is really nice and beautifull.

But for me, it miss a full customization of menu and submenu lik Aeon nox do it.

In exemple, i can't create a menu trailer that point on my favorite add-on the trailers.net with submenu that point on different add-on video like allocine.
In other exemple, i can't create a new submenu on menu system that point to a specific add-on program.

Did you plan to do this?

If yes, it will be a really more complete skin Wink
You can have up to 10 main menu items of just about anything XBMC can do.

The submenus that can be attached onto any of these items come in sets or groups. The first 2 groups can have up to 5 user selected items each. In the Hybrid Dvelopment version you have the submenu groups named videos, movies, tvshows, concerts, music, pictures or programs and can all have 3 extra items added to them.

The submenus are grouped into groups with some default items in an attempt to save on PC resources. The default submenu items can also be hidden.

I feel that with a bit of thought and planing you could put together a wide variety menu systems.

I've not looked at or used the Aeon Nox code for the menu system, so don't know how they've done it but am happy with my implementation of the idea and to be honest it will not be expanded further.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

thanks for reply !

The probleme is the submenu are shared and not independant.

In this exemple, i want a submenu for last movie in movie menu and a submenu last tvshow in tvshow menu

But, how you can see, i can't do it because the submenu are shared.

in menu movie, i have the 2 submenus

Same for Tvshow

If you have a solution, i will be happy with that Wink
Development version has more submenu groups (videos, movies, tvshows, concerts, music, pictures & programs) Will be in Official Repo in a few weeks.

oky Wink

There is a beta to test it or not yet?
Yep, installs under a different name "skin.hybrid.dev" so will not over write official version. Can be found in Development Repo

Also I know of one irritating bug that is fixed on the Github but not here yet. When playing a streaming video the video OSD stays up. Will push fix to development version in a day or so.

Thanks a lot, i will test it Wink !!
hi Wink

it's good and it's what i need but it be more nice if you put 3 more "user select" like "user select 1", "user select 2", "user select 3" and "user select 4" for more customization.

By the way,

i have a prbleme with principal menu. Why you don't use a small widget ?

In exemple, when you see the last movie, it take all the screen place and hide the walpaper

But with this, it take less place and let the wallpaper visible ! the last movies change every 5-6 s

I know i ask for many things Smile but one more thing. Some movies don't have the trailers with the scrapers.
For this, some skins input on the context menu a shortcut to youtube for search the movie on.
It will be very nice if you can integrate it on your skin Wink

Sorry for this many requests but i really like your skin Smile
The "Addons" submenu is exactly the same as "User Select" just haven't changed the name yet, also the "concerts" submenu doesn't have any default items (ATM) so that could be used for now.

Re the Home panel widgets, that goes back to a long ago conversation where it was decided to have as many items as possible up on the home screen because they are shortcuts to your media & the idea is to make access as easy as possible. I may one day do some more different widgets, but TBH I would like to move further away from the look of other skins Smile

I also have a problem with adding more stuff onto the context menu as IMO there already is too many options on it and have problems with where it is presented on the screen.

Ok thanks Wink Good luke for your nice developpement Smile !!

Quote:mudislaner wrote:
I also have a problem with adding more stuff onto the context menu as IMO there already is too many options on it and have problems with where it is presented on the screen.

I have to respectfully disagree. There is an ergonomic argument for putting in context menus (a) as may shortcuts as are useful (b) but at the very least all shortcuts that are essential to the currently selected file or the currently displayed function. Of course this can be overdone, but only if the vertical screen estate occupied by the display of context menu items grows above 2/3 of the total vertical screen. We have not reached this threshold yet, and even if we did the proper solution would be to subdivide items them into cascading sub-manus.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full custom menu0